• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromcd73

Congratulations, World Trigger fans, you have been graced by the presence of Toei.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/wt/

Thank you World Trigger.

Now that the sacrifice is out of the way, hopefully the editors find a good studio for the best manga.

70t4yXV.png

Quasar

Started reading Sakurasaka Syndrome. A school romance is hardly original but the pairing of a violent tomboy and a tsundere nerd is somehow working for me.

So why the heck are Kodansha having UQ Holder volumes 4 months apart in the US, whereas it's 3 months in Japan?
The translation's already done for Crunchyroll, and it's not like they've gotta worry about reverse importation or anything.

Just makes no sense.
I dont think your accounting for if pages were fixed in the graphic novel version or production timing differences between jpn publishing and america, complaining about a one month difference is pretty odd imo.

Shokugeki no Soma 77
BsBHOxwCEAAgGWa.png

Best panel. Seems to be signalling pretty heavily that Taku will win with the adversity plot. The panels to already tell us everything about Mimasaka skills, the borderline against the rules, and Isami just trusting in Taku with all his heart to me indicates that.

Want a Taku plushie though.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 77

Oh noes~. Hoping for a Takumi loss as it's more interesting than a Takumi win.

Haikyuu 112-13

Nice to see Captain get a moment to shine.

and that Nishinoya and Tanaka moment. Too funny.

Haikyuu!! 112- 113

Assuming this will continue to a period beyond the third years Jouzenji seems like a team that will definitely have a great return to challenge Karasuno if that point is reached. Otherwise one of the funniest matches overall.

Typical tsukki ftw.
BsBKH3kCAAAyAFh.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

That page of demon Mimasaka reminded me of Go Nagai. Maybe that was the intention.
Going to be interesting to see the outcome.

WarRock

Soul Eater - END

Well, that was reaaaaallyyyy confusing.

At least we had some great Black☆Star action. When will we have a spin-off entirely based on him ?

Where would power levels go in a Black Star series?He is a kid with god-punching strength right now. Not to mention
the ability to eat and throw up lasers Anakaris style

scy

*checks synopsis*

Sounds like something that came straight out of your average loser with harem LN. Yandere is tempting, but ehh...

To be fair, it's more like Mahouka rather than "loser guy with harem." And not sure how much of a harem it is when, as far as I'm aware, MC and main girl actually pair up super early.

Really, it's more just "offensive" in the sense that it has no real identity of it's own. Just kind of takes a lot of themes from popular / successful LNs like Shana, Mahouka, etc., puts them in a blender, and somehow gets this.

KNIM 1-40

This guy is stupid.

I am so sorry.

Hi wb.
Just in time for ti4

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つFIX AUDIO༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

To be fair, it's more like Mahouka rather than "loser guy with harem." And not sure how much of a harem it is when, as far as I'm aware, MC and main girl actually pair up super early.

Really, it's more just "offensive" in the sense that it has no real identity of it's own. Just kind of takes a lot of themes from popular / successful LNs like Shana, Mahouka, etc., puts them in a blender, and somehow gets this.

I should read the LN of this someday and see if it lives up to Mahouka's standards.

kasane

Just to clarify, I meant more like Mahouka in the sense of broken MC rather than loser MC.
The eternal debate. Stu that becomes weak or a wimp that becomes strong

Also got my visa approved. Fuck yeah murica

Time to watch ti 4

Revo

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol 12

Despite my initial misgivings, this turned out to be a good volume (mostly because of the higher amounts of Mayumi than I expected, although it wasn't as potent as other Mayumi scenes). Also expected less Miyuki home scenes but we got a rather big one.

Seems like we're headed down a world of politics. Makes me a little sad as it's far less enjoyable than 9 school competition or Yokohama.

Think I'll wait on vol 13 to be finished before going into it.

Greatly enjoyed: Mayumi scenes, 9 school competition, Yokohama, Valentines day stuff, Reminiscence, Mayumi scenes
Okay-Meh: Enrollment, other Visitor stuff, maybe Double Seven
Bluh: Summer Holiday

Overall pretty fun read.

Tuxedo Gin Volume 1

Tuxedogin.jpg

Ginji, a high-school yankee boxer, crashes with his motorcycle while avoiding a girl on the road, and fell in love with her at the first sight. Antics ensues with his BF (who's also the girl's, Minako, cousin) but he gets killed by another yankee.
A celestial monk appears and gives him the choice of being reincarnated under some conditions in order to regain his body.
Thus Ginji, now reincarnated as a penguin, "Gin-chan", must die of natural causes in order to get to his human body again.

The drawings are nice in a kind of 90's way, the story is original and the first volume is fun.
Plus, cute penguins and Penguin Legion :
What are you waiting for to read this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom