• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barakamon 1

After watching the first episode of the anime yesterday (with the incredible OP and ED) and absolutely loving it, I decided to read the manga.

Of course, I'm absolutely loving this too.

Handa is a talented, award-winning calligrapher. After having his writing called bland and hackneyed by the director, he punches the director out of anger and disgraces himself.

On the recommendation of his father, he moves to a remote island village to find himself.

After arriving at his new home, he meets the hilarious and adorable Naru. She's the village rascal:

u2UtP1E.png

cue fun things happening as the two start to bond.

Absolutely adored the anime and am really enjoying the manga. Perfect slice of life comedy. Hope it continues to be great.

Quasar

Sakurasaku Syndrome 1-17 -Yeah I'm liking this. Good to see Watatake come out and confess pretty quickly rather than have that drag forever. Its been a pretty well paced story overall and I like Kagetora.

Busaiku

I wonder if people will see the OP/ED and think it's more like Yotusba&!.
Naru's a major characters, but she's not really central or anything either.

And Funimation pls.

scy

O/A 30 -

Dang.

Sakurasaku Syndrome 1-17 -Yeah I'm liking this. Good to see Watatake come out and confess pretty quickly rather than have that drag forever. Its been a pretty well paced story overall and I like Kagetora.

In one sitting, I can probably like Kagetora more. With the time between chapters released, though, it was hard to follow some of her decisions :|

Kuroko no Basket 268

Well it looks like on of Akashi's mode is single talent the other a TEAM player...
Jack of all trades likely a master of none

Also Kuroko childhood friend seems to be in the crowd

Quasar

I wonder if people will see the OP/ED and think it's more like Yotusba&!.
Naru's a major characters, but she's not really central or anything either.

And Funimation pls.

I got that impression from the anime. Seemed like it was mostly going to be about Naru and Seishu. A little research dissuaded me of that notion though.

Quasar

In one sitting, I can probably like Kagetora more. With the time between chapters released, though, it was hard to follow some of her decisions :|

Alot of them have made some sense to me. At least from the sense of the rash, emotional person she is.

Fairy Tail 388 - 391

Was hoping it would be a lie as that came from out but as it goes on it makes for a good fight. I just hope it wont be another Ur type situation. Gray was a reason for reading the series all these years and to lose him though keep Lyon would feel strange. I think he can find a way, somehow.

Charade

Gojikanme no Sensou - Home, Sweet Home! 3

Hm. These should all be death flags, but I don't think she'll die. I guess we'll see...

Dresden

antique bookshop biblia -

good

log horizon -

solid exploration of a silly premise, fun stuff despite the very rough, very amateur translation

akatsuki blows

go for henrietta

scy

Alot of them have made some sense to me. At least from the sense of the rash, emotional person she is.

I worded that poorly, meant more in the sense of liking her general train of thought. It works out fine throughout the chapters but she came across pretty shitty with all the downtime between chapters.

bigkrev

Stealth Symphony will end in issue 33. No transfer

Source: ManganewsJapon

US Jump claims another victim, but really, the writer is the one to blame for this. You create a gigantic, complicated world, and spend zero time explaining any of it to the reader. It just came across as confusing for the sake of confusing, which isn't going to win you any fans

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Barakamon 1

After watching the first episode of the anime yesterday (with the incredible OP and ED) and absolutely loving it, I decided to read the manga.

Of course, I'm absolutely loving this too.

Handa is a talented, award-winning calligrapher. After having his writing called bland and hackneyed by the director, he punches the director out of anger and disgraces himself.

On the recommendation of his father, he moves to a remote island village to find himself.

After arriving at his new home, he meets the hilarious and adorable Naru. She's the village rascal:

u2UtP1E.png

cue fun things happening as the two start to bond.

Absolutely adored the anime and am really enjoying the manga. Perfect slice of life comedy. Hope it continues to be great.

Glad people are getting into it from the anime.

Hopefully the gain in popularity would mean that the translations come in faster. T_T

US Jump claims another victim, but really, the writer is the one to blame for this. You create a gigantic, complicated world, and spend zero time explaining any of it to the reader. It just came across as confusing for the sake of confusing, which isn't going to win you any fans

Please everyone understands the power of Narita.

Would be cool if he just makes this back into a LN and recon it into his Naritaverse.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

World Trigger creator Daisuke Ashihara: More blood for the blood god!
Satan: Very good Daisuke. Unfortunately, this deal includes Toei creating the anime.
Ashihara: NOOOOOOOOO!
Satan: Mwahahahaha!

scy

Stealth Symphony will end in issue 33. No transfer

Source: ManganewsJapon

RIP

Honestly, I think it's more that it just wasn't interesting early on. It needed a hook earlier. It went full-on worldbuilding / character building before giving much of anything. During the early chapters, we had no idea really where it was going with the plot for the long haul. Just that ... ... ... well, nothing. We knew basically nothing.

Seven Deadly Sins 80-84

That almost felt like a series ending and everything. Actually could have ended it right there even. Gilthunder and Meliodas deep friendship and teary eyes calming moment really is as good as previous King Ban stuff. Im starting to think its the writers best part to his storytelling,

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Cosmic Color 2
This feels pretty obtuse. I feel like blowing bubbles now though

Cosmic Color 3
fuck yes, the love rival wasn't a love rival.

Cosmic Color end
eh, short and stupid. Oh well.

UQ Holder 41

I'm not falling for your tricks Akamatsu. Wonder how we'll miss the answer to the identity of Tota's ancestors.

Yamada 117

Yamada is obviously realizing that Odagiri is superior to Shiraishi. She's becoming the other main character, at least.

kasane

I just won a grand

Time to shop mango.

Dunno what series i should buy

Edit: since a certain site is now publishing h mango i hope they do aunt tits ;,;

Nozaki 43

OTP. It's funny watching these two.

EDIT:I guess I "won" 5 grand once (well not really just given to me). I invested it all in bonds. I now have no idea what to do with all the excess. Guess I wait until I need to use it for emergencies.

Jintor

Kongou Banchou kind of went off the deep end near the end of it but it was already so batshit insane I didn't really notice until I was thinking about it after I'd finished reading

Soma.

A blatant he's-ugly-so-he's-a-bad-guy trope dare to bloat to he's-handsome-so-he's-a-good-guy trope that he will win?

Heh.
I only allow team handsome to run amok as a main story premise (without any criticism) since I too am handsome myself
;P

Still these shenanigans must come to an end
It is silly, shallow and boring

Alas our culture makes us judge this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom