• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tuxedo Gin Volume 1

Tuxedogin.jpg

Ginji, a high-school yankee boxer, crashes with his motorcycle while avoiding a girl on the road, and fell in love with her at the first sight. Antics ensues with his BF (who's also the girl's, Minako, cousin) but he gets killed by another yankee.
A celestial monk appears and gives him the choice of being reincarnated under some conditions in order to regain his body.
Thus Ginji, now reincarnated as a penguin, "Gin-chan", must die of natural causes in order to get to his human body again.

The drawings are nice in a kind of 90's way, the story is original and the first volume is fun.
Plus, cute penguins and Penguin Legion :

What are you waiting for to read this ?

You had me with the '90s chara design

Zweizer

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu ch21

Love is too OP, pls nerf.
Pretty adorable chapter after all this crazy fighting.

I have you now zweizer. You will never escape my grasp

I don't even feel like escaping. You broke me (╥﹏╥)
Oh well, as long as you feed me with decent smut, I won't complain.

muahahahahahaahhaha

muahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And the cycle continues.

Really, it's more just "offensive" in the sense that it has no real identity of it's own. Just kind of takes a lot of themes from popular / successful LNs like Shana, Mahouka, etc., puts them in a blender, and somehow gets this.

You really don't want me to read this uh. (=_=)

|OTX| We Put The S & M in Smut.

Don't name MangaGAF after your and scy's sex lives.

Actually, please do, but we want details.

Shingeki no Kyojin 37

D7wv2N9.png

Lol at the anger line, a bit cheesy.
Hell, lol at the thought of them getting in the basement.

I was surprised with how the story followed after Annie's demise. I expected some downtime / slow chapters, but it went again to full action and another invasion of the Titans.
Though now it's starting to be a bit repetitive. Again the wall has been breached, again the solution is Eren using his powers to seal it (copying Annie abilities instead of moving a huge boulder, but still).

Revo

Liar Game 180

Send everyone to the graveyard!

Jack, The American Ghost 18

Official release finally managed to get passed scanlated one. Decent-pretty good quality. Glad to be reading this again.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Liar Game 180
Oh yeah, look like we can guess who's the losing team...

Sakamoto 12 (We need to ask Evillore to support Cursive for Sakamoto)
Sakamoto defying gravity with pure SWAG

scy

You really don't want me to read this uh. (=_=)

With all the recent events, I'm trying way too hard to be clear on this :(

Anyway, I read it because I like those kinds of stories. It doesn't seem to know quite what it's own identity is thus far (granted, 4 chapters) so it's hard to say if it ever actually figures something out. Right now, it's just a pretty typical trashy LN setup of a magic school of sorts, powers explained in [Brackets], an MC that is overpowered-but-held-back-for-reasons, a tsundere love interest, etc.

Don't name MangaGAF after your and scy's sex lives.

Actually, please do, but we want details.

wait a second

Big One

Banned
Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto arc FINISHED

Wow what a ride. The entire series builds up to this and it pays off. Easily the best arc in the series thus-far and I'm wondering what direction the series could possibly take into 10 more volumes.

I kind of wish Saito stayed dead but aside from that, awesome arc. Shishio is just an awesome villain all together and I find it funny that even in Hell he plans on conquering and ruling over it.

Shingeki no Kyojin 38-39

smUSUqd.png

Hey, this is more progressive than I believed. Not bad for Japan.

God pair of chapters. Character building, some light mystery related with the plot advancing, tension, action, jumping for fear to hope to despair, wins and losses.

Soma

Shokugeki no Soma Ch. 77

After JJBA and other art references now we get an Kazuo Umezo reference in this chapter.

Tosh is so based.

Sakamoto desu ga? Ch. 12

All that swag couldn't save Sakamoto from making a really corny joke

that still made me laugh. :(

Nejimaki Kagyu Ch. 21

That healing power of love.

Erigu

Shingeki no Kyojin 38-39
smUSUqd.png

Hey, this is more progressive than I believed. Not bad for Japan.
Bad translation for the first part though: Ymir is the one saying that she wouldn't have pegged Reiner as someone who was interested in women (and Reiner then replies that Ymir herself doesn't look like she's interested in men).
(I hope that's not from the official English translation)

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 268

The explanition on what Akashi did makes sense. Still don't like it though. Kagami took a beating at the end of the chapter. That has to be Ogiwara at the end of the chapter.

UQ HOlder 39 - 41
BsD1fucCMAAYaAP.png

As Tota said, that was epic "for serious." Tota really mastered that gravity blade fast. That was honestly the most interesting and best part in additionall to actually get Fate trapped. Too bad he is still stronger than them all.

Yamada And the Seven Witches 115 - 117

The hot bath scene with Tamaki and Miyamura and Kurosaki (odd looking) was hilarious but short, and then the moment with Miyamura walking in on Yamada, really funny.

Ushio chapter was a surprise, I didnt know he'd come back to be an important key character again for such a role. I guess there is always this route for Odagiri when the Yamada route closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom