• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mael

I'm so happy to have started Toriko all these weeks ago.
It's the only thing I've read today that's worth my time.
Bleach is fodderising its characters meaning that our only hope of an imminent mildly interesting fight is with the zombie maker.
And since there's only so many pages in Bleach if Kubo divide its attention with more than 1 fight we'll slog through the end every week.
It's worse than ever.
Naruto needs to end like a year ago.
One Piece is on break.
And god knows why HxH is not here yet.

At least Toriko was interesting and fun.
At least the latest episode of HxH was fun

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm so happy to have started Toriko all these weeks ago.
It's the only thing I've read today that's worth my time.

If toriko is the only thing you've read today that is worth reading then you have to start gekkan shoujo nozaki kun!

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 23

GkjwiAo.png
nBXLLCN.png

YUP. SEO BEST GIRL.

BEST.

GIRL.

Jintor

I think what they're doing with the anime is enough that I'm laughing at jokes I already laughed at

(But I reread Gekkan Shoujo every few months anyway)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

It's Shadow of the Colossus time! Toriko vs a fucking horse the size of a city. This series is nuts.

*glances through Bleach*

"You're a man because you smell of semen" ...What kind of fucking dialogue is this?
I checked both translations, and they both mention semen. What are you doing Kubo?

G.ZZZ

Toriko

Bet how long Toriko will last against a 200km long, atlantic ocean breathing horse.

0.001 secs.

Best manga. And finally we see how will the author treat those fights between creatures of vastly different size scales.

Btw do you know why Nitros are harvesting AIR?

Terraforming, i'm calling it now. Those shits are aliens and Acacia's Full Course can terraform and get you to other planets. AIR -> atmosphere. My guess is that Acacia captured all the ingredients he realized that they were a way to other worlds, and decided to bail the fuck out.

Mael

1rst chapter of Nozaki....
My god that's making my failed wednesday a whole lot better already!
It's silly but fun

dramatis

KNIM FINISHED

Soooo.. I just finished reading all of it. I'll stand by my comments that the guy is stupid... Nice but stupid. I was irritated a lot of times by this guy's decision making but he pulled through in the end. It wasn't a waste of a whole day after all. Thank you, scy, for the recommendation!

The ups and downs of the story were not that bad. I liked what I read. I felt it was dragging on around Ch.150-200 but I never really felt bored reading it. I feel sad for those reading it while it was ongoing though. It must have been a train wreck.

Recommendations on what to start next?
I guess if you liked KNIM you could try the author's other works.

dramatis

Yamada and the 7 Witches 117

Interesting that Ushio is now in again as somebody important (maybe?). I thought it would have been lulz if Ushio kissed Yamada at that point and switched bodies.

Bleach: An actual good chapter? Holy fuck, this was a good chapter. yhwach is going to steam roll the Royal Guard. He was so unimpressed by Krinjis attacks, he was bored to tears.

GG being a guy? I doubt it, more like yumis calling her a slut.

Linkark07

Banned
Yamada and the 7 Witches 117

For some reason I thought Ushio found a witch and tried to control Odagiri. Would have been interesting seeing when he found out Odagiri was actually Yamada.

Liar Game 180

Man, Yokoya was really angry. Perhaps this is the first time we have seen him so mad. Quite an entertaining chapter.

Zephyx

I guess if you liked KNIM you could try the author's other works.

I tried Suzuka before but I hate tsundere types so I started reading Fuuka instead.

Fuuka 22
Has my interest so far but I feel it's going the KNIM route with this kind of progression.

Koe no Katachi 44
Started reading this today until the latest chapter. It was very good! Not your typical slice of life manga. :p One question though.. what happened at the last panel?

Tamanon

Banned
Naruto I can't tell what's going on, and I sure as fuck don't care anymore.

I thought this chapter was a lot simpler to follow than previous ones. Shadow Clone attack, Naruto follows Kaguya to the other dimension, but it turns out it was a clone after all and she was tricked. Kakashi and other guy(Zetsu?) actually followed her into the dimension instead.

Revo

Aw, no impressions on 17?

Probably one of the most memorable chapters for me.

I somehow(????) managed to skip 17 without noticing. Actually no clue how I managed to.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 17

That is some impressive storyboarding right there. Although the coat shielding technology was almost nearly as impressive.

Bleach
Cockcroach girl turns out to be a guy. So sad/psychotic flashback and then lengthy battle with next chapter then.

Naruto
Oh hey the classic techniques. Yay. Thats about it.

UQ Holder 41
Eva's armor reminds me of Erza's armor. Also dat fight.

Nejimaki Kagyu 21
Alrighty, progress on whatever the deal is with this Principal character IIRC.

Bleach
Well shit. That was Bleach all right.

Naruto
Nice to see a return of an attack by Naruto other than the Rasengan.
sooo was it a clone or not?

waiting on Hunter x Hunter

Naruto

Let´s see what Naruto planned. Kishi´s greatest strength has always been team fights, where strategy is used to defeat the enemies.

Bleach

I'm really curious to know what Hashwalth meant when he said my deepest oppologies. Yhwach seems to know everything needs to be known about the shinigami. Which begs the question, where the hell he got all the info from. Yamichka was lewd lol. Poor Bambi.

HXH

I love everything about this. From Kurapika to Ging. It´s all amazing.
Because every quote bubble is half a novel.
Lol, true.

Toriko

If Toriko lasts more then 2 seconds it would be bullshit.

ElFly

Btw do you know why Nitros are harvesting AIR?

Terraforming, i'm calling it now. Those shits are aliens and Acacia's Full Course can terraform and get you to other planets. AIR -> atmosphere. My guess is that Acacia captured all the ingredients he realized that they were a way to other worlds, and decided to bail the fuck out.

Everything is so big scale in Toriko that this is not a crazy possibility.

Naruto

Let´s see what Naruto planned. Kishi´s greatest strength has always been team fights, where strategy is used to defeat the enemies.

Bleach

I'm really curious to know what Hashwalth meant when he said my deepest oppologies. Yhwach seems to know everything needs to be known about the shinigami. Which begs the question, where the hell he got all the info from. Yamichka was lewd lol. Poor Bambi.

HXH

I love everything about this. From Kurapika to Ging. It´s all amazing.

Lol, true.

Toriko

If Toriko lasts more then 2 seconds it would be bullshit.

where did you read HxH?

Weekly Shonen Jump #33

Mitsukubi Condor by Ishiyama Ryou (Cover & Lead Color Page) (New Series)
Hinomaru Zumou
Assassination Classroom (CP)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Naruto
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Boku no Hero Academia (CP, 25 pages)
Nisekoi
Haikyû!!
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Toriko
Kuroko no Basket
Gintama
Kochikame
World Trigger
Hunter x Hunter
Illegal Rare
Sore Ike! Yûgô-kun
Bleach
Stealth Symphony (End)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
One Piece (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump #34

Yoakemono (Cover & Lead CP) by Shibata Yousaku (New Series)
Center color: Mitsukubi Condor, Kuroko no Basket, Gintama

So not sure if this is Hinomaru Zumou's first ranking or not, or is Jump desperately trying to make it popular. (Can't wait for a Toei anime adaptation that airs after One Piece now, wwwwwwwwwww). Would be very impressive if it was though...

And yes, Illegal Rare is doing better than Bleach.

So not sure if this is Hinomaru Zumou's first ranking or not, or is Jump desperately trying to make it popular. (Can't wait for a Toei anime adaptation that airs after One Piece now, wwwwwwwwwww). Would be very impressive if it was though...

And yes, Illegal Rare is doing better than Bleach.
Its first rank. It's legitimate.

scy

KNIM FINISHED

Soooo.. I just finished reading all of it. I'll stand by my comments that the guy is stupid... Nice but stupid. I was irritated a lot of times by this guy's decision making but he pulled through in the end. It wasn't a waste of a whole day after all. Thank you, scy, for the recommendation!

The ups and downs of the story were not that bad. I liked what I read. I felt it was dragging on around Ch.150-200 but I never really felt bored reading it. I feel sad for those reading it while it was ongoing though. It must have been a train wreck.

A large part of the "wow, this is pretty dumb" is the weekly wait which makes the incredibly stupid decisions stand out more. Especially when they start to take place over months.

Recommendations on what to start next?

My previous list:

14-sai no Koi
Game Over
Bonnouji
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Itoshi no Karin
Hajiotsu
Nana to Kaoru (S&M for the plotline so kind of risque; nothing too over-the-top visually)
Iris Zero (put on bi-montlhy status due to artist's health so releases are iffy)

I'd suggest one of the shorter finished things like Game Over (5 chapters + 3 oneshots) or Bonnouji (35 chapters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom