• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
H X H

The King. Please never leave us again ;-;

Read the chapter twice, the first version translation wasn't good, but the 2nd one makes sense. How can this manga be so good? Togashi Bow.

Kongou Banchou 67

4TeUTVn.gif

This is like when you think you're at the end of an RPG or something then the real world map opens up

Shouta

See I know this.

But until now, using that term on a anime/manga character never really batted an eye from mods in either threads.

Wait are you talking about the last part?

Because that was supposed to be a joke with the whole Kubo = Troll

So I can no longer use that term when referring to someone like Bridget here?

Most other mods will call you out on it when they catch it, just as I did. And no, you can't use it in regards to Bridget. The character's gender isn't clearly defined but there's no deception in there, which is what "trap" implies.

Right I got it now.

FSvTWhL.jpg

Gintama 497

That is the worst idea of all time.

I would not even trust them to microwave a bag of popcorn.

lol at those Dragon Quest references though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
See I know this.

But until now, using that term on a anime/manga character never really batted an eye from mods in either threads.
It's something I've often seen used for transgender anime characters, so that's why at this point I just kind of glaze over it by habit. But now that I'm thinking about it, it's sort of analogous to ignoring someone saying "that's gay", just because you heard it used so much that it rolls off you, without thinking of the implications that insult has.

Also, even if it's a fictional character, there's probably someone out there who empathizes with them. To call that character a "trap" for expressing themselves that way, shits on those people.

Wait are you talking about the last part?

Because that was supposed to be a joke with the whole Kubo = Troll
Yeah, I was talking about this part:

Do you mean like using the word as reference to someone who hid their real gender?

Didn't know it was a joke, because I hardly read Bleach impressions anymore. I only caught someone talking about semen for some reason, and checked out the latest chapter.

edit: wait, no I did read your post. I think the joke just flew over my head.

UQ Holder

A reminder that you simply do not fark with Evangeline. I wonder what each persons question will be, and what happened 30 years ago that caused Fate to have such a hatred of immortals.

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 23-24

Seo romance chapters are just too good. But Nozaki drawing chapters are pretty up there as well.

Most other mods will call you out on it when they catch it, just as I did. And no, you can't use it in regards to Bridget. The character's gender isn't clearly defined but there's no deception in there, which is what "trap" implies.

Isn't Bridget's outfit deceptive? I'm just curious if there's ever an instance where it's appropriate. Probably not

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 25-28

Nozaki in polkadots would be interesting to see.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 29-32

Men, hide your secret! And that loveknife~

Charade

HxH

Good chapter. I liked how it clarified Ging's motivation for joining Beyond's group. Ging vs Pariston has been great so far, can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Shouta

Isn't Bridget's outfit deceptive? I'm just curious if there's ever an instance where it's appropriate. Probably not

No. Bridget's outfit fits the backstory. Same-gender/sex twins were an omen of doom in the village, parents raised Bridget as a girl. So Bridget is a girl unless the character identifies otherwise regardless of body. As for instances? There are effectively none but there might be one if all the pieces fit into place but it points to the situation specifically whereas this term is used towards the individual.

Every week I read Bleach, I feel like three different events happened and I missed them somehow.
Ugh, what a shit story.

Also, watched the anime adaptation of Sakura's Manga Adventure of Bikes and Cats. Good episode. Set the tone of the show in an efficoent way without making it feel like a drag.

Kreed

Hunter X Hunter 346:

Of course the ending with Ging and Pariston was nice and I'm looking forward to seeing these two in action (even if it is against random grunts), but Kurapika was great this chapter and it's nice to see him step up with the rest of the Zodiacs and not be completely out of his element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom