• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

I'm having trouble finding a manga I read about a year ago. It was about a girl that took on the burdens of spirits around her (and ended up homeless) and a guy that kept running into her.

I remember the art being solid, but I can't remember the name.... aaaargh!

I'm having trouble finding a manga I read about a year ago. It was about a girl that took on the burdens of spirits around her (and ended up homeless) and a guy that kept running into her.

I remember the art being solid, but I can't remember the name.... aaaargh!

It might be Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san but I don't remember the part of her being homeless and she's more stalking the guy than him running into her.

It's still an enjoyable read nonetheless!

ACzv0Zu.png

1aELcnr.gif

1345667065387soj54.gif

tumblr_n3evqhmtzs1s3s2sjld.gif

Kubo please.

Please Kubo.

Hear my cry.

Don't kill the trap.

Gigi is the best character you've ever introduced and having her killed by two of the most uninteresting vice captains in the series would be just too cruel.

And don't go back on the gender thing.

Unless Gigi turns out to be a Futa.

Then we'll enter the "Shit just got real" territory.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Bleach

I recognized two characters.

The "you're a boy" reveal was sort of disappointing, but it was out of context for me, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, especially in light of the gif reaction above.

Hunter x Hunter

Dang Kurapika's great in this chapter. On Page 4 they mention Kyousen Hunters. What does that refer to? The Hunters that went missing during Pariston's Vice Chairmanship?
I'm digging this chapter. We got a lot of information on the Zodiacs, and they all seem highly qualified even beyond their Hunter status, which is to be expected. I guess we can expect more of Morel, Knuckle, Shoot, etc. based on what Ginta says, which sounds great to me.
God damn, I love Ging too. Seems like he completely outclasses all the members of Beyond's team. Truly the GOAT character. Can't wait for next week!

I love how the Hunter x Hunter chapters are so dense. It takes me like 10x the amount of time to read a Hunter x Hunter chapter than it does to read a Bleach chapter.

UQ Holder! 41

None of them will ask about Touta's grandma/Negi's wife.

None of them will ask if anyone from the original Ala Alba is still alive

None of them will ask about whats happened between the end of Negima and the start of UQ Holder.

None of them will ask about Jack.

brb I'm going to find a corner to cry at.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 44
Cruchyroll's translation did fucking wonders for Ueno's blow up. Damn.

She's upset that Ishida got hurt because Nishimiya couldn't confront her problems properly. She pushed Sahara aside and started railing on her because she thought she chose Nishimiya over her. I dunno if this is me reading into it too much, but that she says "without a single thought as to how we might feel...", especially after Sahara emphasized that she's Nishimiya's friend, sort of implies to me that despite how much Ueno hates her, she does care about Nishimiya.

Still, she shouldn't have resorted to violence at all.

Shouta

Kubo please.

Please Kubo.

Hear my cry.

Don't kill the trap.

Gigi is the best character you've ever introduced and having her killed by two of the most uninteresting vice captains in the series would be just too cruel.

And don't go back on the gender thing.

Unless Gigi turns out to be a Futa.

Then we'll enter the "Shit just got real" territory.

I'm warning you once, do not use trap like that.

Bleach trap edition

OH MY GOD KUBO TROLLED US ALL!

so, does that mean that when they ganged up on Bambi that Giselle did the deed - implied rape?

KUBO I wanna get off this wild ride!

Also ywach is going to curbstomp the entire Zero Division isn't he...

Same goes to you, do not use trap like that.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So not sure if this is Hinomaru Zumou's first ranking or not, or is Jump desperately trying to make it popular. (Can't wait for a Toei anime adaptation that airs after One Piece now, wwwwwwwwwww). Would be very impressive if it was though...

And yes, Illegal Rare is doing better than Bleach.
Hinomaru Zumou is the sumo manga, right? Aren't rankings 8 chapters behind, or is this the table of contents?

Naruto 684

HURR I'M GONNA GO BACK TO MY BASICS THAT MEANS A MILLION SHADOW CLONES BECAUSE THAT ALWAYS WORKS
At least it wasn't a new Rasengan

Bleach 588

Oh look I blinked again and the chapter was over.
Hey look, Bomb Queen is back.
But not Grimmjow.

Hunter x Hunter 346

I love how
Leorio and Kurapika are the Rat and Boar now and are hanging with the Zodiacs. They're big shots now.
Chimaera Ants danger rank is only a B? These guys are a B+? Then what the fuck could possibly be an A or an S?
It also seems like, according to Ginta,
Morel and Knov are going on the expedition.
I also find it funny how
Ging and Pariston are on the same side. Everybody dislikes them so much that them both being together means that Beyond's team has created a dirtbag singularity or something

scy

Koe no Katachi 44 - Yeah, I must seriously have gained some form of tolerance I guess? This sequence of events is still pretty low on the depressing scale. Granted, the better translation helps matters a lot, I suppose.

Who says they arent? They only tease a series a week before, so since stealth ends this upcoming Monday...they could have a tease for Yoakemono.

I have no attachment to Yoakemono so that could die if it gets started in International Jump, wwwwww

Hinomaru Zumou is the sumo manga, right? Aren't rankings 8 chapters behind, or is this the table of contents?

Supposedly it is its first ranking. I guess Jump readers have sumo pride or something.

ElFly

Hunter x Hunter

Great chapter, but bah, I just realized they glossed over the hunter selection exam, even tho it was super hyped by Ging as day x.

Assumed that Pariston was going to swarm the exam with his ants.

Naruto 684
Hunter x Hunter 346

I love how
Leorio and Kurapika are the Rat and Boar now and are hanging with the Zodiacs. They're big shots now.
Chimaera Ants danger rank is only a B? These guys are a B+? Then what the fuck could possibly be an A or an S?
It also seems like, according to Ginta,
Morel and Knov are going on the expedition.
I also find it funny how
Ging and Pariston are on the same side. Everybody dislikes them so much that them both being together means that Beyond's team has created a dirtbag singularity or something

The thing about Kurapika is that he is all "oh shit I am so smooth now that I am rat, check out how I point out that obviously there is a leak among the zodiacs in the middle of a meeting". Not. Smooth.

Assuming that Kurapika is Rat, since he looks like Pariston and thwarted Pariston plan to infiltrate assassins, and that Leorio is Boar, coming from punching the old Boar in the face.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Supposedly it is its first ranking. I guess Jump readers have sumo pride or something.
So wait, there's already 8 chapters of it out in Japan? I'm so confused.

Do you mean like using the word as reference to someone who hid their real gender?
It's a pretty insulting term to use for transgendered people. What's more insulting is that you use the phrasing "real gender". Biological sex is not equivalent to gender, which is more of a fluid social construct.

HXH

I wonder when Gon´s lack of aura will kick in this arc. This seems all interesting, but i feel that the Gon plot is unnecessary. But i guess the protagonist must be present somehow :D

[Fugo]

loving the HxH infodump, although I seem to always stumb up to the bad translations.
What group does consistently and reliably translate it?

Shouta

Do you mean like using the word as reference to someone who hid their real gender?

As in referring to someone that may consider themselves one gender now but was another before. No bueno on using that term when referring to characters or people because it's offensive to real transgender individuals.

Revo

HxH 346

This chapter was like reading a chapter of a LN.

Interesting enough developments on both sides, although at the pace each side is moving it could take a bit to actually go to the dark continent (not that I would normally mind that, but it is Hiatus x Hiatus).

Zweizer

Banned
AKB49 ch165

Kinda disappointed at Yoshinaga here. The final showdown is full of hype though, even if the training Minori got is rather strange.

It's a pretty insulting term to use for transgendered people.

See I know this.

But until now, using that term on a anime/manga character never really batted an eye from mods in either threads.

What's more insulting is that you use the phrasing "real gender". Biological sex is not equivalent to gender, which is more of a fluid social construct.

Wait are you talking about the last part?

Because that was supposed to be a joke with the whole Kubo = Troll

As in referring to someone that may consider themselves one gender now but was another before. No bueno on using that term when referring to characters or people because it's offensive to real transgender individuals.

So I can no longer use that term when referring to someone like Bridget here?

Btw do you know why Nitros are harvesting AIR?

Terraforming, i'm calling it now. Those shits are aliens and Acacia's Full Course can terraform and get you to other planets. AIR -> atmosphere. My guess is that Acacia captured all the ingredients he realized that they were a way to other worlds, and decided to bail the fuck out.

I expect this too

it going to happen

TORIKO SPACE ADVENTURES BABY

Mortemis

Banned
HxH

What a great chapter. I ain't even mad about all the walls of text, I'm loving every bit of it. The Pariston and Ging dynamic is great, these two need to stick together for a while. I wouldn't even be mad if they became the new protags, give Gon and Killua some air and give us more Ging and Pariston. Kurapika is doing wonders in the association, it makes sense. If he wasn't a revenge filled psycho sometimes he'd contribute immensely. Leorio kinda seems out of loop right now but I'm sure he'll get his spotlight soon.

Hunter x Hunter 346

I love how

A strange lifeform without physical body with the power of granting wishes would be my guess. Or a virus that turns people inside out. Chimera Ants were still normal enemies that happened to have Nen, not that different of fighting a Zoldyck or a Spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom