• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyx

A large part of the "wow, this is pretty dumb" is the weekly wait which makes the incredibly stupid decisions stand out more. Especially when they start to take place over months.
I wish I was there during those moments! :D I'm probably too busy with school and DOTA at that point.

My previous list:

14-sai no Koi
Game Over
Bonnouji
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Itoshi no Karin
Hajiotsu
Nana to Kaoru (S&M for the plotline so kind of risque; nothing too over-the-top visually)
Iris Zero (put on bi-montlhy status due to artist's health so releases are iffy)

I'd suggest one of the shorter finished things like Game Over (5 chapters + 3 oneshots) or Bonnouji (35 chapters).

Thanks. I'll read them in that order. I just resumed reading manga since TWGOK ended. Best girl won but I felt sad for Tenri that I lost my desire to read one for a month or two.

Charade

Toei gets a bad rap.

Even the great Murata-sensei honed his skills alongside the master animators at Toei:

kAWkWY4.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A single chapter of One Punch Man has better animation than entire Toei shows.

Kurita

Hopefully we'll be able to clone Murata soon, so we can have a new Eyeshield 21 anime that looks good.
Still waiting for a new edition of the manga with quality paper, new covers and color pages. FFS Shueisha, give it to me.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Vol.02

The fact that there was no will they will they not romance crap pretty much makes this better than the second season of the anime. Boring protag and chuu are in love, they are lovely dovely, it makes everyone sick around them and so much better than too scared to hold hands stuff.

New pink girl wasn't terrible either but then again by then in the anime I was basically ignoring most of it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Vol.02

The fact that there was no will they will they not romance crap pretty much makes this better than the second season of the anime. Boring protag and chuu are in love, they are lovely dovely, it makes everyone sick around them and so much better than too scared to hold hands stuff.

New pink girl wasn't terrible either but then again by then in the anime I was basically ignoring most of it.

Now I wish the anime turned out this way. Although I still liked the pink haired girl.

scy

Thanks. I'll read them in that order. I just resumed reading manga since TWGOK ended. Best girl won but I felt sad for Tenri that I lost my desire to read one for a month or two.

Up to you on that, I just sort of originally typed up the list at random. There's plenty of suggestions if you want something more specific too.

Naver Line webtoon app ought to be an example for other companies on how to get their series done in english and mobile. Honestly surprised they even got series that I thought were unpopular on it now.

Charade

lalalalala
not listening

Now that their working relationship is solidified, we all know who Murata will recommend when OPM anime time comes...

γ - Ganma 1

Hm. The premise kinda reminds me of OPM, except with more fanservice. Not really sure what I feel about it so far.

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda 1
Serinuma, an overweight otaku DTL-level fujoshi, secretly and actively ships her classmates, Igarashi and Nanashima as her favourite couple.
But one night her favourite anime character dies in an episode and she becomes really depressed and shut-in and loses a lot of weight.
Now that she's smoking hot, Igarashi, Nanashima and her kouhai and sempai become really interested in her. The thing is, she's still a fujoshi at heart.

THUS LET THE HUSBANDO WARS BEGIN
The senpai all the way

The drawings are nice, the MC is cute and the other main characters are handsome. Not a lot of emphasis on backgrounds, as expected of this kind of gag/shoujo manga. The main idea is interesting, so I will continue to read it.

You need to so you can play the sequel cause Ludger's da bestttttttttt
I only played for 14 hours but if Xillia 2 is basically the same gameplay-wise with good characters, I'll be happy
I find the characters in Xillia surprisingly quite good compared to other JRPG/Tales of games
Please it's brown short hair that's da best.
The only thing he has going for him is being nice to Serinuma before the weight loss. >:<
Of course, when has Junko ever done a manga that is not interesting or worth continuing to read.
I don't read yaoi, so I wouldn't know.

I only played for 14 hours but if Xillia 2 is basically the same gameplay-wise with good characters, I'll be happy
I find the characters in Xillia surprisingly quite good compared to other JRPG/Tales of games

They are even better in the sequel!

The only thing he has going for him is being nice to Serinuma before the weight loss. >:<

Nice guys are the best.

---------------------------------------------------

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 04

Such a tsundere childhood friend, wwwwwwwww

Lain

Captain Tsubasa New Edition Vol 1 & 2
PoU.jpg
QoU.jpg

As this was my first time reading this manga - I had only experienced the anime as a kid - I wasn't sure what to expect. Bad pacing for the games like in the anime? Ugly art? I was ready for the worst, instead what I got was damn good.
The art isn't bad at all. It's a bit dated when compared to modern styles, but it's still good and the pacing during the games was great, nothing like the anime, which we used to joke about that it'd take 3 episodes just to go from one side to the other.
Plot wise it was really nice (re)seeing Tsubasa's first encounter with Genzo and how that initial challenge becomes a friendship.

scy

Maga-Tsuki 37 - ...........................................................................

Maybe this is nearing end-game. Yeah. And find the Akari route out of it. Yeah.

Do that.

Yeah.

Big One

Banned
Rurouni Kenshin Redemption arc

GkRixnb.png

While I haven't finished the entirety of the Jinchu arc, I must say that this whole flashback chapter was just awesome. It showcases the tragedy of Kenshin's past and does it extremely well. Easily, so far, my favorite part of this entire series. Just a rollercoaster of emotions and leads into a satisfyingly sad ending.

This was hit it for me, really made me long this manga including Kenshin in general.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I never read that part of the manga... Unfortunately I only watched the anime and OVA. I ought to get to that one of these days, Kenshin was one of my absolute favorites.

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 4
Poor guy, getting forgotten by your childhood friend.

Zephyx

Up to you on that, I just sort of originally typed up the list at random. There's plenty of suggestions if you want something more specific too.

I'm particularly interested in RomComs or Slice Of Life/Romance. I got tired of the constant violence I read and watched during my childhood :p
Maybe I just like cheesy stories

Game Over
Very sweet yet short. Your typical slice of life :)

Bonnouji
Very light and heartwarming. I didn't get the ending..
It just meant they married right?

mhs004

I don't know if this has been posted here since I've been marathoning the regular show all day but...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...years-of-gintama-manga-marked-with-ooo/.76508

Anime fits into those three o's! If the anime comes back it will probably be the most hype I've been for an anime in a long time, just finished catching up to the anime last year.

Could just be a joke because you can never know with Gintama, if so my heart will be broken

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

GkRixnb.png

While I haven't finished the entirety of the Jinchu arc, I must say that this whole flashback chapter was just awesome. It showcases the tragedy of Kenshin's past and does it extremely well. Easily, so far, my favorite part of this entire series. Just a rollercoaster of emotions and leads into a satisfyingly sad ending.

This was hit it for me, really made me long this manga including Kenshin in general.

I still get salty when I remember that this arc never got an adaptation. Shit, they did Kyoto twice!

Rhapsody

Banned

GkRixnb.png

One of my favorite flash back arcs in Jump manga (the other one being Shaman King's)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm particularly interested in RomComs or Slice Of Life/Romance. I got tired of the constant violence I read and watched during my childhood :p
Maybe I just like cheesy stories
If it's a romcom you want, you have to try Koi Dano Ai Dano. Try Gekkan Shoujo Nozakai-kun for straight up comedy with hints of romance. Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection for trolling romance. Silver Spoon for slice of life with comedy and heavy character development (Fullmetal Alchemist writer does this manga too).

Mortemis

Banned

GkRixnb.png

Loved this arc so much, flashback and all. Would love a competent series or even a competent ova, but alas.

I don't know if this has been posted here since I've been marathoning the regular show all day but...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...years-of-gintama-manga-marked-with-ooo/.76508

Anime fits into those three o's! If the anime comes back it will probably be the most hype I've been for an anime in a long time, just finished catching up to the anime last year.

Could just be a joke because you can never know with Gintama, if so my heart will be broken

Shit, what I would do to get another gintama anime. A year with gintama is a good year for anime for me.

Lain

I've skimmed the second volume of Gangsta and I got the feeling that it was as good as the first one. I mostly was interested in seeing Alex and ended up turning pages to watch if something was going to happen to her. Now to read it properly.
Also I've read an anime is coming for it, so HYPE. I hope it turns out good because I wanna see Alex done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom