• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Shaman King's flashback has a really somber and contemplative tone compared to the rest of the series that it really felt jarring.

At least until that fat, handlebar-mustached demon appeared.

Yeah, it felt really really different which might be a minus to some people.

Probably the most heartfelt story out of Shaman King for me though. Especially how strange the story was going towards getting power ups.

I sort of want to re-read the series again since it's been awhile. But I've put the sequel on hold for so long.

I can't remember much of the OVAs, but I think it covered a little bit of it. It wasn't anything substantial at all, or anything you'd call a proper adaptation.

The OVA that covers the flashback arc is good, actually, and it also follows the manga pretty faithfully. It's the other OVA covering the Jinchuriki arc that is very, very rushed.

Yeah, it felt really really different which might be a minus to some people.

Probably the most heartfelt story out of Shaman King for me though. Especially how strange the story was going towards getting power ups.

I sort of want to re-read the series again since it's been awhile. But I've put the sequel on hold for so long.
Not a minus for me, definitely. Matamune is his first soul! *cries*

Oh wait. Is the sequel still going on a regular pace? Or has it ended?

Zephyx

If it's a romcom you want, you have to try Koi Dano Ai Dano. Try Gekkan Shoujo Nozakai-kun for straight up comedy with hints of romance. Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection for trolling romance. Silver Spoon for slice of life with comedy and heavy character development (Fullmetal Alchemist writer does this manga too).

Thanks, but I'm not particularly interested in yaoi. I might try that 4koma and Silver Spoon but I'll queue it after I read scy's suggestions. :)

Thanks, but I'm not particularly interested in yaoi. I might try that 4koma and Silver Spoon but I'll queue it after I read scy's suggestions. :)
No no no no. Ai Dano Koi Dano is the yaoi one. What suggested is Koi Dano Ai Dano; a different series altogether.

This got me too. Haha.

scy

I'm particularly interested in RomComs or Slice Of Life/Romance. I got tired of the constant violence I read and watched during my childhood :p
Maybe I just like cheesy stories

Well, I more mean in the sense of other themes or so on. For instance, I want to suggest Bungaku Shoujo to people but it's fairly light on the core romance and it's wrapped up in a lot of tragedies. That and, well, Light Novels. I guess Koe no Katachi was a better example. I didn't think this through.

Seishun For-get is a cute and fun romcom that isn't too serious. Uwagaki finished recently and it was a fun ride (plus it had that goat). Countrouble has a fun setup and it's always fun to go from this and then see Trinity Seven with the same art (though different author) if only because Arata is godtier with his harem. Sankarea has zombie moe.

Bonnouji

Never knew about this until i saw the list so i'm checking it out.

Seems fun so far and LOL @
them wearing matching outfits in chapter 6

Man, I wish I put more thought into this list now.

But its not yaoi ;?

?

misfire the google and you get yaoi

I actually think this happens every time it's been suggested recently lol

Its top tier

Im still having a hard time looking for something like it

I'm honestly liking the pace where its brisk but not too fast tbh
(though apparently 2 years after the breakup have past already).

Bonnouji 11

oh shit loud talking actually gave it away? glad to see that sound proof area where confessions usually happens have no bearing here.

Bonnouji 12

KxdHbVb.gif

kasane

I'm honestly liking the pace where its brisk but not too fast tbh
(though apparently 2 years after the breakup have past already).

Bonnouji 11

oh shit loud talking actually gave it away? glad to see that sound proof area where confessions usually happens have no bearing here.

Bonnouji 12

KxdHbVb.gif
;)
Carry on
Its fantastic

Mortemis

Banned
The OVA that covers the flashback arc is good, actually, and it also follows the manga pretty faithfully. It's the other OVA covering the Jinchuriki arc that is very, very rushed.

I was talking about the whole jinchu arc, but it really did a good job of the flashback? I really can't remember, I may check it out again.

Zephyx

But its not yaoi ;?

?

My bad. I clicked on the first thing I searched and it was categorized as yaoi and smut. :| I'm going to check on the other one.

Well, I more mean in the sense of other themes or so on. For instance, I want to suggest Bungaku Shoujo to people but it's fairly light on the core romance and it's wrapped up in a lot of tragedies. That and, well, Light Novels. I guess Koe no Katachi was a better example. I didn't think this through.

Seishun For-get is a cute and fun romcom that isn't too serious. Uwagaki finished recently and it was a fun ride (plus it had that goat). Countrouble has a fun setup and it's always fun to go from this and then see Trinity Seven with the same art (though different author) if only because Arata is godtier with his harem. Sankarea has zombie moe.

Man, I wish I put more thought into this list now.
I am working through the list you gave me, read some synopsis and I like what I'm reading so far. So you don't have to feel that way :p

For themes, I'm not into vampire, zombie, gory stuff, but I think I'm fine with anything else. I'm not that invested in shoujo (last one I liked was Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun in anime format) but if you have something marked with your seal of quality, I'll read it without second guessing. I prefer seinen or shounen though. As for the others, I'll take a look.

Hajiotsu 1-11
Typical girl hates men manga but done in a really charming way.
This girl is dead once her secret is out.

I'll need something to keep track of the mangas I read and when they are released. I can't do it by memory anymore :|

Aizo

Banned
Captain Tsubasa New Edition Vol 1 & 2
PoU.jpg
QoU.jpg

As this was my first time reading this manga - I had only experienced the anime as a kid - I wasn't sure what to expect. Bad pacing for the games like in the anime? Ugly art? I was ready for the worst, instead what I got was damn good.
The art isn't bad at all. It's a bit dated when compared to modern styles, but it's still good and the pacing during the games was great, nothing like the anime, which we used to joke about that it'd take 3 episodes just to go from one side to the other.
Plot wise it was really nice (re)seeing Tsubasa's first encounter with Genzo and how that initial challenge becomes a friendship.
I'm always put off by his baby face. I mean that it literally looks like a baby's face on a man's body. Just creepy.

Did y'know? Captain Tsubasa was one of the most popular series for doujin manga when yaoi was first on the rise.

zeromcd73

I'm always put off by his baby face. I mean that it literally looks like a baby's face on a man's body. Just creepy.

Did y'know? Captain Tsubasa was one of the most popular series for doujin manga when yaoi was first on the rise.

Sure did. Believe it still holds the record at a single comiket for the most yaoi doujin ever.

Now that their working relationship is solidified, we all know who Murata will recommend when OPM anime time comes...

γ - Ganma 1

Hm. The premise kinda reminds me of OPM, except with more fanservice. Not really sure what I feel about it so far.

Oh someone started another JUMP SQ series, may check it out, though I hope those tags are incorrect.

Zweizer

Banned
Attack on Titan ch44-59

Caught up with this. Not too much to say aside from the fact that half of the twists felt like they were done for the sake of being twist. Still, it's entertaining enough so following it for now.

In space? Oh boy even more wordswordswords

Yeah

"The novel series takes place in the year 2400, where the world is controlled by the “Solar System Alliance.” The reason the Alliance was able to take control is because they wield mobile weapons. Those humanoid weapons use “Cyclonics” electric chips that convert the superpowers and wisdom bequeathed to mankind into interference power. These humanoid weapons which amplify their pilot's psychic powers are called “Titanic Dolls,” or just “Dolls” for short. Dolls do not lose to other weapons, and are part of the Solar System Alliance's unit, “Sophia,” who keep the world under the Alliance's thumb.

However, this will soon change when two Doll Masters — Aoi Saotome and Reine Ward Takajo — have a fateful meeting at a high school in an aerial city."

Yeah

"The novel series takes place in the year 2400, where the world is controlled by the “Solar System Alliance.” The reason the Alliance was able to take control is because they wield mobile weapons. Those humanoid weapons use “Cyclonics” electric chips that convert the superpowers and wisdom bequeathed to mankind into interference power. These humanoid weapons which amplify their pilot's psychic powers are called “Titanic Dolls,” or just “Dolls” for short. Dolls do not lose to other weapons, and are part of the Solar System Alliance's unit, “Sophia,” who keep the world under the Alliance's thumb.

However, this will soon change when two Doll Masters — Aoi Saotome and Reine Ward Takajo — have a fateful meeting at a high school in an aerial city."

lol

I mean I like Mahouka for the world building and that it is kinda grounded with just magic in a future world. Not sure if I'll be interested enough in reading all about mechas.

Kurita

Umimachi Diary vol.4

This manga is so perfect.
This volume focused on Suzu, the evolution of her relationship with Futa... It was amazing. The chemistry between these two keeps on improving. What I like the most about this manga is that every chapter can almost be read like a one shot, with a unique theme every time. I guess that's the advantage of monthly series, you can fit more things into a single chapter.
Every manga fan in France should buy this.

Revo

I'd read Mayumi in space.

Otherwise I generally stay away from LNs until an adaptation of some kind makes me interested enough.

more people reading Bonnouji is great.

Was the first complete manga I ever read. Adore it to no end.

It's a classic to me.

also..................

Kingdom 1

we doing this.

Wow. What an opening.

I can tell already I'm gonna love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom