• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That's the last chapter of the Extra Volume, yes? I am holding off reading that volume until the last chapter appears.
Yup, we've already got 3 of the bonus chapters, so that's the last one.

Are there still new chapters to be written? Or is it just chapters yet to be scanlated?
I think maybe written? Not entirely sure. I'm sure if it were already released in Japan, we'd see some spoilers, but I haven't run into any. And like I said before, it's just the wedding chapter left and then the story's done.

Glass breaks easily ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

7HNmyW7.jpg

Ana Satsujin 31

It's so sweet when your girlfriend wants to get you into one of her hobbies.

Not that this particular hobby is good in anyway, but at least you know your relationship with her has improved.

Also

NXfXLM6.jpg

What.

The.

Fuck.

Kongou Banchou 83

Well.
That's quite the interesting explanation for Kongou Banchou's strength.

Kongou Banchou 86

Wat

Kongou Banchou 88

Pretty awesome chapter.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another 4-4.5
Just when you think they'd make progress together... He goes and blames biology.

Well, at least I won't have to feel bad for the previous love interest, since judging by the extras, she apparently gets interested in guys when she grows up.

Speaking of the extras, I liked seeing the main couple of the previous manga again. The misunderstanding was so forced though.

Bonnouji

Finished it all and it was a nice fun romp of a romance that goes straight for the point without much wavering.

It stars a girl coming off a bad end of a previous relationship and a guy who is more of a loner and we see how a location and a mostly unseen character allowed them to become closer.

Each of them still have their flaws/hangups (mainly her due to what happened) but they spend that time either fixing them or laying them out bare for the other to see and adjust accordingly.

As the relationship grows so did they and i love that it was just about them and no extraneous bullshit, so no "mysterious female who is some childhood friend and romantic rival", no "best friend of main male also likes the main female", no "they were childhood friends from long ago", no reappearance of her deadbeat former boyfriend for "drama".
So none of the garbage that could be used to extend the story, just focusing on the main 2 and a bit about their friends (who were great anyway).

While nearing the end main issue returns but after all they experienced the main guy went with the option any decent person would have tbh (so that first dude was an asshole).

And for the person wondering if
they got married i thought it was pretty obvious they did. The biggest clue was her friend (who finally got the help she needed tbh) teasing her about the mistakes she made and how the friend opted not to do the same and also that last scene with the deliveryman. Also the omake pages after the chapter was pretty much a direct confirmation (one with her getting an engagement ring and the other with both of them remembering thier wedding pic) :p

If you want to read something sweet and have the time, it was a nice ride viewing the lives these 2 people.

Zephyx

Bonnouji
And for the person wondering if
they got married i thought it was pretty obvious they did. The biggest clue was her friend (who finally got the help she needed tbh) teasing her about the mistakes she made and how the friend opted not to do the same and also that last scene with the deliveryman. Also the omake pages after the chapter was pretty much a direct confirmation (one with her getting an engagement ring and the other with both of them remembering thier wedding pic) :p

I was expecting he will have a romantic rival at some point
and I thought the guy's brother was his ex
but it didn't happen! The story is very good and sweet. I loved it.

I was the one who asked!
I knew they were married but I thought there was a different interpretation in the last panel that meant something else.
Thanks!

Itoshi No Karin

I love it so far! The story is told in two point of views so you can have better understanding of the thoughts of the protags!
I hope they get together some day though.
Will be looking forward to future releases.

I was expecting he will have a romantic rival at some point
and I thought the guy's brother was his ex
but it didn't happen! The story is very good and sweet. I loved it.

I assume you meant
her ex and yea that thought also came to my head at one point. Mainly due to the talk he had with his bro where it sounded like he held back before , his brother got the win and he won't make that mistake this time.

but it turned out to be nothing.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Katsute Kami Datta Kemonotachi e 1-2

So this is interesting.

The setting is a Victorianesque land that had recently been embroiled in a civil war. The northern side only won because they created artificial soldiers, which were part man, part beast. However, after the war ended, these artificial soldiers were seen as monsters, because they ended up "losing their heart", or acting only on what I suspect was their strongest desire when they were fully human, and therefore became a danger to anyone they perceived to be getting in the way of that desire.

The story follows Nancy, a girl whose father was an artificial soldier, in her quest to find and exact vengeance on the man who killed him. As you can tell from the art, it's by the same person who did Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. I think it has potential, although I feel like it's rushing into things, and could use a slower pace to develop the characters and such. We'll see how it turns out.

Charade

I think it has potential, although I feel like it's rushing into things, and could use a slower pace to develop the characters and such. We'll see how it turns out.

Yeah, I was surprised last chapter by how quickly she seemingly took a liking to Hank (the blushing and all). Like, I knew it was inevitable, whether romantic or platonic, but it just felt fast.

I really like the setting and the premise though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was surprised last chapter by how quickly she seemingly took a liking to Hank (the blushing and all). Like, I knew it was inevitable, whether romantic or platonic, but it just felt fast.

I really like the setting and the premise though.
Yeah seriously, this is the guy who killed your father, the fuck are you doing blushing around him by the second chapter. Really hope they don't go the romantic route.

Akuno Himitsu Kessha 1-3
A 4koma about an honor student, whose dream is to take over the world, befriending a shut in with yakuza ties. Honor student is more chivalrous than she leads you to expect, and shut in girl is sort of a cute airhead. I'd sum it up as not that funny, sort of cute, and pretty dumb.

Mortemis

Banned
The breaker new waves 166

YES. YES.

Actual action. Who knew I'd be this excited to see action in an action series.

Fuck yes Shioon. Do it again. Encore.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Shiwa 1

Another vocaloid manga thing. I liked the initial set up of the girl's character, but then she turns into the average shoujo protagonist by the end of the chapter. :/ And this dude is not subtle at all, he totally wants to get into her pants. Also I completely expected a misunderstanding to happen, but hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later. So far, it's not bad, but not great either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The gag that made me fell in love with the series was when nozaki revealed that character he based on mikoshiba was the main heroine.

So good.

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 36-38

Nozaki must have a pretty powerful jaw to just casually bite off a part of a candy apple.

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 39

Being with Maeno is suffering. When Nozaki realizes his new editor actually reads his manga, too good.

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 40

Seeing he planning board made me laugh. But the end just reminded me of Nisekoi.

Nisekoi has ruined me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I guess I'm just used to Shoujo style panels, but I think people should give it a shot anyway because it is just as funny as nozaki.

Revo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 41

Inking: The holy patron of relationships.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 42

That is some provocative underwear choice, Seo.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 43

I wonder how long it will be kept a secret from him.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, I think it's because whoever's translating it now is going from the chinese scans. edit: er, wait, I guess it depends where you dropped it. maybe I'm misremembering. idk it's 4:30 am.

Can't wait to see secret days animated too.
That Aprils Fools joke video was amazing. I expect great things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom