• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So which manga's character death shocks/saddens you the most, GAF?

Give the manga title and spoiler your answer, just to be safe.

As for me....... hmmm, need to give it a thought.

Imasugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! 01

Guy's father remarries and he gets a new mom and a new younger brother.

Also, this is also known as I want to tell my brother right now, I'm his little sister!

So yeah, that's what it sounds like this is about. Though from the summary there seems to be a lot of stuff about gender issues so could be more interesting than what it lets on to be.

Linebarrels of Iron 1 - 55:

lol what the fuck am i reading
I asked for EVA, I got EVA + crazy plot twists + information overload + strange character building + wat.
Seriously, this shit is wacked. I dig it.
Also, the Line Barrel is RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED HOLY SHIT
byutiful
Edit: SHIT I MISSED A COUPLE PAGES OF 55 WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

At this moment?
AKAME GA KILL:
Schere. FUCK YOU WRITER YOU BASTARD

These ones came to the top of my head, although not the most shocking or saddest I thought they had impact:

Hunter X Hunter:
Mereum. I read that arc in one night and that death hit me pretty hard. Never teared up for a villain before.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run:
Gyro. I knew it was coming but damn he went out hard.

upandaway

Assassination Classroom 86

I like the way that happened, but I kinda wanted the tentacles to stay. Oh well.

Prison School 108

The fact they're not bringing her to a doctor is so distracting, but I'm resisting it by sheer willpower. At least they didn't kill the crows.

Erigu

speaking of i am hero
the only thing im not liking so far is:SPOILERS
Things getting a bit supernatural with the super human capabilities
What bothers me is the weird lack of tension, lately (since episode 160 or so). Not sure what's going on with that.

Charade

Testing transparency skills

edit omg so bad this can't see the light of day

Too late I saw it!

Ocha Nigosu 28

wOWX2Di.jpg

wth at this random page in the scans
(they took the previous page, changed the dialogue and put it right afterwards lol)

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 370-373

Damn, look at all that character "growth". There's no way Seikyou's still alive tho so rip.

Mob Psycho 100 59

Uh-oh, that last page was some real ass shit.

Donyatsu 39

I never want to see a donut cat cry ever again. ;-;

Prison School 108

holy shit

87 Clockers 9

This certainly feels like a step down from Nodame Cantabile due to how utterly impractical and unrealistic this tournament is though I guess just watching people pour liquid nitrogen into cooling blocks wouldn't be any entertaining either.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Full Metal Alchemist
Nina Tucker, Fuu, and Maes Hughes

Hoshi no Samidare
Mouse knight

Bambino
Hayama

JoJo bizarre
the whole character in part 6, with the only survivor probably Giorno
Hoshin Engi
Tenka

CoolS

Kingdom 370-373

Damn, look at all that character "growth". There's no way Seikyou's still alive tho so rip.

Can somebody explain the current state of the Hi Shin Unit to me? SHin is a 4000 Man vommander now, while Kyokai is 1000 Man commander.

But since Ten says they are a 5000 Man unit right now, does this mean that technically, Kyokais Unit doesn't belong to Shins? I don't get it.

Shengar

That title lol

Kingdom is about Shi Huang Di story of China unification right? Who's historical character have appeared so far?
I should read it sometimes later it seems.

Can somebody explain the current state of the Hi Shin Unit to me? SHin is a 4000 Man vommander now, while Kyokai is 1000 Man commander.

But since Ten says they are a 5000 Man unit right now, does this mean that technically, Kyokais Unit doesn't belong to Shins? I don't get it.

It looks like Kyoukai has her own separate unit under the Hi Shin banner and enjoys the same autonomy.

That title lol

Kingdom is about Shi Huang Di story of China unification right? Who's historical character have appeared so far?

I'm not familiar with the historical background but I think this might help

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

?

Not that hard to understand.

Just like there are several 300 man commander in Hi-Shin unit, Kyoukai leads 1000.

That title lol

Lots, such as Ryo Fui, Ei Sei, generals like Ou Ki, Ousen, etc etc (different names in the Chinese version though). Although the lead is based on a rather unknown general himself.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She was an ancient being that Dokuro summoned. Her memories were erased and she became Elsie so that the bad guys couldn't summon her for evil. I think that's what happened at least.

The goal of the bad guys was to summon Elsie. They didn't know that Dokorou had somehow transfigured her into a helpless, fire-truck loving moeblob.

scy

Huh.

In line with the history, I guess?

Unless something radically changes, looks like the manga is going to just
turn him fully into a good guy and have this whole rebellion thing be framed on him rather than him actually rebelling

Unless something changes, anyway. Can't see it diverting from that now.

_hekk05

Banned
turn him fully into a good guy and have this whole rebellion thing be framed on him rather than him actually rebelling

That's exactly what it's going to be.
The power of moonrunes prove my point

Commoner's Smut
pcgpri.png

scy

Mahou Shoujo Site 9 - Oh, that's who that girl is. The one that was bullying the main girl and was made to cut her own throat.

Ohhh.

Well, now she's going to get a power and probably get killed off violently.

That's exactly what it's going to be.
The power of moonrunes prove my point

Figured just based off how the arc has already shaped up. It would have to do something weird to change that direction.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Yea, I guess the manga is taking a different direction rather than strictly following real history for this matter.

It's a pretty obvious set-up especially with all the Rui stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom