• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou 23
*insert head joke here*

Ana Satsujin 21
Yo damn at that end. WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

dramatis

You guys jabber a lot about waifus, but what smut manga does a lot of people read that can replace TWGOK?

At some point dramatis proclaimed himself Emperor of picking the thread titles. Yeah, I don't get it either.
If you and the rest of Mangaf can suss out a title the majority agree on in here, I'm ok with changing it. Dresden probably would do it before I can ask a mod anyhow.

The Hour of the Mice
70DWbMi.png

So... it was decent to good manga, but I can't say it was totally flawless or without blemish. Reading the first two volumes, you can't shake off the feeling that the setting has inconsistencies and a few plot holes here and there. During the third and fourth volume the situation changes and it's pretty interesting, but towards the end the resolution is a bit weak, plot wise.
For being called "the hour of the mice" I was expecting the students (the mice) to revolt against the high school, but at the end some wanted to stay on it, others were very ok with the system, and the school is closed amicably, and no one reveals to the public what it really happened. There is no "boy with girl" typical end (though it's possible, after Nagi dies, we can imagine her coming back), but character wise I think it's a good end, in fact the characters are the best point of the story, their reactions as the story changes them are varied and interesting, be positive, negative, accepting the changes, fighting with their feelings, getting over what was dominating their lives, etc.

BTW, I started reading some mangas of this author; Kei Toume, thanks to the Lament of the Lamb / Hitsuji no Uta, which imo is her greatest work. That said, it's one of the works that awakens contradictory feelings on me. In one hand, 95% of it is very good, in the other, the last chapter is awful and almost invalidates what she accomplish in the previous seven volumes! Seriously, it's the only case where I recommend to read a comic, but with the footnote of "don't read the last chapter". In fact, the second to last chapter can be considered an end by itself, so it isn't an idea as ridicule as it seems at first.

These ones came to the top of my head, although not the most shocking or saddest I thought they had impact:

Hunter X Hunter:
Mereum. I read that arc in one night and that death hit me pretty hard. Never teared up for a villain before.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run:
Gyro. I knew it was coming but damn he went out hard.

This man knows what he is talking about. I will add another two that made a impact on me:

Jojo (again) Part 6:
Well... everybody? When Pucci activated Maid In Heaven/Starway to Heaven and only Emporio remained from the old universe, I almost cried.

Groove Adventure Rave (aka Rave Master). I'm serious.:
Sieghart's death. Rave is kinda of silly but his sacrifice was very meaningful to me. When I finally got that he was the skeleton, I started to feel the impact.

When I watched DBZ for the first time, I did get sad for two seconds when Vegeta exploded with Majin Boo (no spoilers needed for this one, come on). But then I remembered that I was watching DBZ.

Wiseblade

OT Twelve, baby!

New Thread, time to play "What are you currently reading?"

One Piece
Naruto
World Trigger
Haikyu
One Punch Man
Magi
Hajime no Ippo
Baby Steps
Kingdom
Berserk
That Vampire thing in Jump International
Mob Psycho 100
Silver Spoon
Attack on Titan
Yamada and the Seven Witches (Catching up)
All You Need is Kill

I feel like there's something I'm forgetting...

Yonafunu

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Haikyuu!!
Soul Catchers
Berserk
Vagabond
Stealth Symphony
The Breaker: New Waves
Kuroko no Basket
Nanatsu no Taizai
Sun Ken Rock
Jojolion
Kingdom
Magi
Attack on Titan
Sidooh
Tetsuwan Girl
Nejimaki Kagyuu
Silver Spoon
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage
Spirit Circle
Karate Shoukoushi
Baby Steps
Onepunch Man
Mob Psycho 100
Birdmen
Shokugeki no Soma
Black Bullet

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of non-shonen
smut
but fuck it.

survivor

Banned
Was the prequel for Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto this lewd? At least I don't remember it being that way, it was mostly teasing that went nowhere.

upandaway

+Imouto

Hehehe. Just in time. I already read this raw back then but it was just as good the second time around. Also I'd like to say I understood everything right (I did mess up a bit in what Akito used but I saw the mistake shortly afterwards). Hell I think they did kind of a weird job in some places but oh well.

If that's the case I ain't gonna wait a whole month for the second chapter if it's coming out next week! What the hell I'll just read it.

Hoozuki-san best manga. So excite.

Hinamatsuri 34 !!

That was good. Sad, a little pathetic, but subtly funny and heartwarming.
What's with people coming for Hina and money!

Kurita

Ore Monogatari vol.1-2

Holy shit, this is good. So so good. I knew people liked it but I didn't expect to love it this much. This has to be the best shoujo I've read. The main trio is rock solid, it's funny as hell, the art is good... Takeo is such a great character. His bromance with Sunakawa is heart-warming, all the guys at his school also love him, that's good to see and always put a smile on my face when everybody cheers for him. The Takeo/Yamato couple is so cute.
Man, I think this will become one my favorite manga ever, I just couldn't put it down, I need the third volume now!!

survivor

Banned
Ore Monogatari vol.1-2

Holy shit, this is good. So so good. I knew people liked it but I didn't expect to love it this much. This has to be the best shoujo I've read. The main trio is rock solid, it's funny as hell, the art is good... Takeo is such a great character. His bromance with Sunakawa is heart-warming, all the guys at his school also love him, that's good to see and always put a smile on my face when everybody cheers for him. The Takeo/Yamato couple is so cute.
Man, I think this will become one my favorite manga ever, I just couldn't put it down, I need the third volume now!!
Best shoujo written in the last couple years.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
OT Twelve, baby!

Again!!! (8/10)
Air Gear (7/10)
Akame Ga Kiru (Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh/10)
Akatsuki no Yona (6.5/10)
AKB49 (11/10)
Another (Meh/10)
Beck (8/10)
Boys on the Run (9/10)
Ciguatera (8 up to the final chapter, the final chapter drags it down to 5/10)
Cross Game (8/10)
Doubt (6/10)
Fist of the North Star (6/10)
Gacha Gacha (echiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii/10)
Genshiken (9.9/10)
Gokicha (OMGSOCUTE/10)
Houshin Engi (9/10)
I am a Hero (20/10)
Judge (8/10)
Kamisama no Iutoori (7/10)
Kamisama no Iutoori Ni (8.5/10)
Kangoku Gakuen (6.5/10)
Kingdom (10000000000000000000000000/10)
Koi Kaze (8/10)
Liar Game (sometimes 8/10 sometimes 6/10 sometimes 4/10)
Mangaka San to Assistant San (funnydumb/10)
My Girl (NNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHH/10)
Naruto (it's Naruto/10)
One Piece (8.5/10)
One Punch Man ONE version (9/10)
One Punch Man Upgraded version (8/10)
Ryuuroden (10/10)
Shingeki no Kyojin (7.5/10)
Shirogane no Nina (NGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH/10)
Sket Dance (7/10)
Tekken Chinmi Legends (nostalgia/10)
Toriko (10/10)
Usagi Drop (7/10)
Uchuu Kyoudai (9/10)
Vagabond (8.5/10)
Vinland Saga (9.5/10)
Yume de Aetara (d'awww/10)

Ore Monogatari vol.1-2

Great stuff. More shoujo should escape the OMG SO TOTALLY HANDSOME BADBOY trope.

Nisekoi 120
So she didn't reveal the promise because she wants to make sure Raku can decide when he learns the truth. Well we're are never going to know now. Marika's past with her was quite hilarious

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hoozuki + imouto 1
This manga is now worthy to be in smutty banner.
Still a riot to read.

======================

Manga that i curreently read
Lucifer and biscuit hammer (reread)
I Am Hero
Bambino Secondo
Monster Musume
Shokugeki no Soma
Stealth Symphony
Assassin classroom
D-Frag
Yandere Kanojo
GEkkan Shoujo Nozaki kun
Hinamatsuri ->(can't believe i forgot to recommend this in comedy banner)
One week friend
Nanatsu no Taiza
Silver Spoon
Haganai
Hoozuki + imouto

_hekk05

Banned
Man Sekai Oni is some depressing shit. Only 1 chapter in and I'm feeling the despair. I can't go on like this. Time to read 4koma cute girls doing cute things

Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto 1

this is beautiful. so gloriously lewd. More lewd than the first one by far.

so funny too.

I'm so happy people picked this up

Nisekoi 120

this might be one of my favourite Nisekoi reaction panels in a long time.

T3WuK6f.png

in fact, there were a lot of great reaction panels this chapter.

Yui-nee trolling like fuck as per usual.

Hoozuki + imouto 1
This manga is now worthy to be in smutty banner.
Still a riot to read.

yep, should replace TWGOK with + Imouto.

deserving of smut banner promotion

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 120
I don't get why they were so embarrassed by bathing together. They were kids, who cares

And who really cares about the promise girl, it's an idle curiosity to everyone, the girls would probably just use it as a springboard to a relationship with Raku, but obviously he won't fall for them just because they promised to marry when they were younger. This premise sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom