• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

RIP the nice cover art for each volume.

3 volumes seems weird mostly cause then you'll start hitting the arcs ending midway through one giant volume and starting in the middle of another giant volume and etc

I guess they want to get the arcs done quickly, and it's less risky to sell three big volumes than a lot of smaller ones.

I guess they want to get the arcs done quickly, and it's less risky to sell three big volumes than a lot of smaller ones.

Yet somehow Viz does fine with selling half volumes for the Black and White series and then reselling them as full volumes a year later.

And I thought manga was supposed to be popular in France!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Speaking of Pokemon, I bought Pokemon X digitally but I haven't even played it beyond the 1st 15 minutes or so.....

And it's my first Pokemon game too; I've never been a part of Pokemon craze but I admit, I was curious.

Maybe I should get back to it.........

Marche90

Rosario To Vampire Season II END

Well, this is it folks. The ending to this series is here. Not gonna lie, another series that has a somewhat disappointing ending, since a few things are left open, and didn't fully answered everything. If this were the ending for only the Season II, it would have been fine, but the author has already said on Twitter that there won't be a third season.

*sigh*

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Rosario To Vampire Season II END

Well, this is it folks. The ending to this series is here. Not gonna lie, another series that has a somewhat disappointing ending, since a few things are left open, and didn't fully answered everything. If this were the ending for only the Season II, it would have been fine, but the author has already said on Twitter that there won't be a third season.

*sigh*

The switch from harem romcom to ultra-serious grim-dark and bloody battle manga this series performed weirded me out.

Anyways, anyone here read/still following Tower of God?

Also, I read it a long while ago but maybe someone here can help me re-finding it: a webtoon about a guy who can delve into minds of people having a meet-cute in a park with a girl, and in the end the girl turned out to be this psycho and that guy's ability is the only way to save her from further craziness... anyone here knows? I want to re-read it.

upandaway

Okay I think I give up. Following the +Imouto validation, I went to check if Takkoku translation is within reach, and then I got really happy that it is. I've spent a couple hours now trying to find Takkoku raws and I can't find anything. Not even the Sunday Super issues that had it when it was serialized.

Then I tried to see about buying it and it's also barely available anywhere with some volumes here and some volumes there. Using both Amazon.jp and Yes-Asia, the costs made my heart stop beating. Technically only volumes 5 and 6 weren't scanlated, but the shipping fees aren't that different between the number of volumes, so I'd still be paying like $35 for 2 volumes that I'd have to rip apart to scan anyway.
I tried to see what about buying digital versions but it was a mess, fully Japanese sites with weird legacy apps and credit cards I don't know, it's impossible for me.

I don't have the money for this. What the hell. I'm really upset now. This is the worst thing. Jerks, butts, boob faces, jelly nuts, spicy jelly nuts, all of them. Whatever! Argh!! Man!!!!

Man.

I'll cry.

At this point I'm just hoping that I'm really stupid and there's something I missed. You know, Takkoku is really neat. What the hell.

Kurita

Steel Ball Run vol.8
86AO1qj.jpg

Dat cover
The battle against Roadagain was really neat, all the fights in SBR so far have been really entertaining (a little bit confusing though). Shit is going down at Kansas City.

Speaking of Pokemon, I bought Pokemon X digitally but I haven't even played it beyond the 1st 15 minutes or so.....

And it's my first Pokemon game too; I've never been a part of Pokemon craze but I admit, I was curious.

Maybe I should get back to it.........

After getting 75 hrs playtime to gym 2 I just gave up. Its been one of the most exhausting pkmn experiences and I just cant get into the story.

Akito

Okay I think I give up. Following the +Imouto validation, I went to check if Takkoku translation is within reach, and then I got really happy that it is. I've spent a couple hours now trying to find Takkoku raws and I can't find anything. Not even the Sunday Super issues that had it when it was serialized.

Then I tried to see about buying it and it's also barely available anywhere with some volumes here and some volumes there. Using both Amazon.jp and Yes-Asia, the costs made my heart stop beating. Technically only volumes 5 and 6 weren't scanlated, but the shipping fees aren't that different between the number of volumes, so I'd still be paying like $35 for 2 volumes that I'd have to rip apart to scan anyway.
I tried to see what about buying digital versions but it was a mess, fully Japanese sites with weird legacy apps and credit cards I don't know, it's impossible for me.

I don't have the money for this. What the hell. I'm really upset now. This is the worst thing. Jerks, butts, boob faces, jelly nuts, spicy jelly nuts, all of them. Whatever! Argh!! Man!!!!

Man.

I'll cry.

At this point I'm just hoping that I'm really stupid and there's something I missed. You know, Takkoku is really neat. What the hell.
I don't see raws for it floating around but I do see that ebookjapan has every volumes on sale. Volume 5&6 together would cost you like 6 bucks.

Kurita

I don't even get how you can spend 75 hours before the second gym.
What the hell were you doing... Sometimes I just don't understand how you play games DTL.

IIRC he spent most of that time Wonder Trading (which I can see happening) and trying to complete the Pokedex just from Wonder Trading alone.

upandaway

I don't see raws for it floating around but I do see that ebookjapan has every volumes on sale. Volume 5&6 together would cost you like 6 bucks.
I looked at that site but whatever I tried to do there, they didn't like. It made me download stuff that didn't work and not let me even get to a buying screen, I don't know.

And are you sure about a sale? together it shows up for me as 800 yen

bigkrev

IIRC he spent most of that time Wonder Trading (which I can see happening) and trying to complete the Pokedex just from Wonder Trading alone.

Not just that, but he was trying to catch a male and female version of every single Pokemon as well before moving on in each area

scy

Thanks. What I did learn from making this wall of shame is that finding good fanart through pixiv is now much more difficult than it was like two years ago, since more people are using it (hence more trash now than before). Or maybe it was because I was hunting for a Beatrice-only, easy-to-edit, 'suitable for the theme' image, and the criteria made the search hard? I admit I was probably a bit too scrubby on the scy side.

I think it's fine.

Anyways, Umineko, is that the one with Dream End Discharger song? I have *no* idea what Umineko is but I've been listening to this song over and over and over and over again every day. So catchy.

Yeah, that's from Umineko (Ep4, if I recall). Visual Novel series involving witches, mystery, and a pile of murder.

There's a lot of good music, too.

ahh ok. yeah, that would probably tire you out. :L

Well I get his complaint about the long distance between the 1st and 2nd gym, but of course it is kinda silly trying to catch everything that early in the game.

I'm not sure but I think he was trying to catch every gender too or something silly like that.

EDIT: yep looks like it.

Akito

I looked at that site but whatever I tried to do there, they didn't like. It made me download stuff that didn't work and not let me even get to a buying screen, I don't know.

And are you sure about a sale? together it shows up for me as 800 yen
Yeah sorry, on sale as in they have it. You don't have to dl anything if you don't want to actually, you can read stuff you've bought directly on the browser. Dunno, I had no trouble registering and buying stuff even though I don't speak moon at all. I can do a quick tutorial if you want to.

upandaway

Yeah sorry, on sale as in they have it. You don't have to dl anything if you don't want to actually, you can read stuff you've bought directly on the browser. Dunno, I had no trouble registering and buying stuff even though I don't speak moon at all. I can do a quick tutorial if you want to.
I'll get back to you if I can't figure it out. I think I can see where it keeps messing up, I'll try and mess with it tomorrow with a different browser or computer or something. I'm really hopeful now.

Somehow I just didn't think raws wouldn't be possible and physical would be such a nonsensical thing, so it shook me a little. I'll take anything at this point.

scy

Rosario to Vampire II [END] - So, wait, there's still no confession? Or, rather, since "Outer Moka" is gone, he thought that he lost the girl? Seriously?

Oh well. I guess this is about as conclusive one should have expected from RtV. Kind of weird to open up the whole "Train you to be the next Headmaster" and not at least give us a time skip to show that :(

I don't even get how you can spend 75 hours before the second gym.
What the hell were you doing... Sometimes I just don't understand how you play games DTL.

I play systematically so that I can finish with a complete pokedex. I also needed my minccino, plusle, minun, teddiursa, and skitty so I could have my main team early in the game.

I play systematically so that I can finish with a complete pokedex. I also needed my minccino, plusle, minun, teddiursa, and skitty so I could have my main team early in the game.

I'm sure many people told you there are many chances to finish with a completed Pokedex that doesn't require you to complete it before you reach gym 2.

I won't even get started on the Pokemon choices for your team.

survivor

Banned
Deep Love - Ayu's Story vol 1-2 End
DbpIm3Q.png

dat shoujo bullying revenge
At some point of writing a tragedy manga you gotta realize you are trying too hard to manipulate the readers to feel something. The guy who wrote this must have had a checklist of all the things that are supposed to make a story sad. We got animal abuse, rape, prostitution, suicide, unwanted pregnancy, death in the family, and so on. And the funniest part of the manga is seeing this little message near the end of the story.

And apparently this tragic fest drama doesn't end here since there are two sequels. One about the main guy trying to become a host and is willing to be a prostitute for whatever reason. The other one is about the main girl's friend as a single mother and now she is blind. Might read them later down the road, I wanna see if at one point someone is gonna be happy in this world.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

This is officially a blind idiot plot. Why the fuck are all of these people so brain-damaged they can't remember things from when they were old enough to be making memories and to know what a "marriage promise" is, and WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CARE ABOUT A MARRAIGE PROMISE FROM WHEN THEY WERE KIDS NOT OLD ENOUGH TO EVEN REMEMBER IT AND WHY THE FUCK IS THIS STUPID NEW CHICK REFUSING TO JUST TELL THEM TO PUT THEM OUT OF THEIR MISERY

Promise girl is Tsugumi

Costi-man did you ever try Minami-ke?

In this context I should say it's not lewd at all, I'm just suggesting.

no I haven't, but I'll take a look :) I like not lewd stuff too just today and yesterday I've been on some weird smut binge that I can't explain
Nisekoi

This is officially a blind idiot plot. Why the fuck are all of these people so brain-damaged they can't remember things from when they were old enough to be making memories and to know what a "marriage promise" is, and WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CARE ABOUT A MARRAIGE PROMISE FROM WHEN THEY WERE KIDS NOT OLD ENOUGH TO EVEN REMEMBER IT AND WHY THE FUCK IS THIS STUPID NEW CHICK REFUSING TO JUST TELL THEM TO PUT THEM OUT OF THEIR MISERY

Promise girl is Tsugumi

:lol

Grimace saying what we're all thinking since 2014

scy

Nisekoi

Promise girl is Tsugumi

promise girl is dead

series takes a dark turn

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
no I haven't, but I'll take a look :) I like not lewd stuff too just today and yesterday I've been on some weird smut binge that I can't explain

If you're looking for smut, go no further than My Balls. Its hilarious, but its about as unsafe for bus as it gets.

upandaway

Nisekoi

Promise girl is Tsugumi
You know the answers to all of these!

upandaway

When you do, check the anime!

Also for the smut binge, if you're going into My Balls territory, might as well also read Itokoi Chidori.

retcon: I also just remembered Prunus GIrl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom