• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Nisekoi 143

Nanako is a nice name! Mamadera is quite the troll, treating poor Raku like that. The cooking segment was fairly amusing, even if it was sort of done before. All in all, okay chapter I guess.

...Oh right, Kosaki was in it too. Whatever.

Since I'm new to the thread, I figured what's a better way than a little fun?

The next post to quote this, gets to decide what I read next!

The rules are:

1. It needs to be a manga you actually enjoy/would want to suggest.
2. No longer than 20 volumes, please! (If it's ongoing @ 20 or less, that works too.)
3. No BL. (*゚▽゚)=○)゚з゚)∵

7 Seeds

LeleSocho

Banned
I don't eat pork because of
religious reasons
You suffered a lot in your life i see... you deserve the best for what you have endured...

I convinced my wife to buy thigh-high stockings.

Gonna live the dream, guys.
It ain't no dream if they aren't knee socks brah

Since I'm new to the thread, I figured what's a better way than a little fun?

The next post to quote this, gets to decide what I read next!

The rules are:

1. It needs to be a manga you actually enjoy/would want to suggest.
2. No longer than 20 volumes, please! (If it's ongoing @ 20 or less, that works too.)
3. No BL. (*゚▽゚)=○)゚з゚)∵

That kaomoji is pure genius
If/when you have time read AQUA and ARIA, they are absolutely wonderful slice of life.

Jojolion 33-35
"I'm the man who designed this glass"
yeah... great >__>

The design of the eldest son is incredibly cool.

N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - 11-17

Things are starting to differentiate drastically compared to the anime, and I like it. Both MMORPG and Pyramid Scheme arcs, though short, I believe were done better and of course Misaki had alot of relevance in them. What's interesting though is how the debt issue Satou faces is not resolved as of yet (Misaki is also wrapped in this too I think [not shown/stated if she ever paid it off]) whereas in the anime it was resolved within the arc it was introduced in.

Love this scene:
vUE7eiL.png

Zweizer

Banned
Sorry, but I would only do the first post quoting me. But I am going to check out your manga anyway! Maybe it will end up on my list. :3 Already read some of them though.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Suzuka.

Edit: Every manga mentioned to me, I'll definitely check out!

So you're going to read Hinamatsuri? Yay! (‐^▽^‐)

Unless I'm at the priority seats, I don't mind reading smut on the train.

I don't wanna be held responsible for an old man's heart attack!

Rest assured, there is nothing too smutty for me.

Ohohoho~ ( ・∀・)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - 11-17

Things are starting to differentiate drastically compared to the anime, and I like it. Both MMORPG and Pyramid Scheme arcs, though short, I believe were done better and of course Misaki had alot of relevance in them. What's interesting though is how the debt issue Satou faces is not resolved as of yet (Misaki is also wrapped in this too I think [not shown/stated if she ever paid it off]) whereas in the anime it was resolved within the arc it was introduced in.

Yeah, that part is very different when compared to anime and novel. In fact, there's no MMORPG and pyramid scheme arcs in the novel if i remember.

I enjoy all of them. I wonder if that part come from the ilustrator? since if i recall, the author become a hikikomori not long after his novel a success

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Speaking of Shokugeki, its a little disturbing that Alice actually orders Ryou around like a servant (e.g. "go clean my room")

dani_dc

Unless I'm at the priority seats, I don't mind reading smut on the train.

I don't wanna be held responsible for an old man's heart attack!

Rest assured, there is nothing too smutty for me.
That sounds like a challenge, one that you'll likely regret.

Better hope your little brother doesn't see the smut.
Also read Nickelodeon!

dani_dc

You guys don't have servants?

Nisekoi 143

Kosaki mom doing the moves, Someone in this series had to,
Wonder what will happen next chapter?
Nothing, nothing will happen.

Reaction faces continue being the best thing about this manga.

Komi really needs to introduce a new girl that dislike Raku so we can go back to interesting relations and character development
until she ends like Chitoge and Haru.

Lain

Peephole 43

I don't know how he manages to get more fucked with every new chapter, but he does it. He's fucked, very very fucked.

dani_dc

Soma 90

Curry is going first?
He's going to lose isn't he?

Peephole 43

How long have they been stalking her? He had pictures of her in mid-high school.

The fact that various characters take on other random people as servants is bizarre as fuck.

No doubt is a deep comment on social status in the Japanese society....or not.

Nisekoi 143

The extreme prudeness and shyness is supposed to be cute....but it has the contrary effect on me, basically I think I puked a few times.

Basically, fuck Onodera chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys don't have servants?

Nisekoi 143

Kosaki mom doing the moves, Someone in this series had to,
Wonder what will happen next chapter?
Nothing, nothing will happen.

Reaction faces continue being the best thing about this manga.

Komi really needs to introduce a new girl that dislike Raku so we can go back to interesting relations and character development
until she ends like Chitoge and Haru.

...that's Haru and Chitoge.

VRMN

My point is that we need more of original Haru and Chitoge and less post-love versions of them. Or a new character to fill that role.
This need would be mitigated if someone would do something ever. We got close with Yui and Haru's near-confessions, but it was just more trolling.

But this is Nisekoi, and more importantly, Kosaki...so fat chance of that in this situation. I swear, she has every wingwoman in the series and can't do crap with her innumerable chances. Kosaki is the worst.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch48

Mikan, stop making me fall for you!

I already have enough trouble rooting for a particular girl as it is!

( ╥ω╥)

dani_dc

This need would be mitigated if someone would do something ever. We got close with Yui and Haru's near-confessions, but it was just more trolling.

But this is Nisekoi, and more importantly, Kosaki...so fat chance of that in this situation. I swear, she has every wingwoman in the series and can't do crap with her innumerable chances. Kosaki is the worst.
Can't disagree with anything. Would be better if the story at least focused on amusing characters. Kosaki was fine when she was actually semi proactive towards the start of the series.

Angry Grimace

Kosaki is just a boring, bland character in general. That's why she sucks so bad - nothing she does is even amusing because she's so goddamn bland. She's the Yukiko Amagi of Nisekoi.

Stulaw

Raku is the worst really, he's oblivious to the most obvious signs that she likes him, they're both in constant self denial, and he's ended up with a harem simply because he can't get his head straight. His career plans also remind me of Sumomomo Momomo, since
he probably is going to end up being the boss of his clan and marry Chitoge.

VRMN

Raku is the worst really, he's oblivious to the most obvious signs that she likes him, they're both in constant self denial, and he's ended up with a harem simply because he can't get his head straight. His career plans also remind me of Sumomomo Momomo, since
I tend to give harem leads a pass because they're all like that. The whole genre demands the girl make the first move.

I don't disagree. It's just unrealistic to expect him to do anything because of the genre and the plot situation.

Angry Grimace

Early on in the manga, both of them were explicitly told that the other liked them, and they just denied it for no reason at all.

N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - 18-20 [Spoilers Ahoy!]

Damn, shit got dark quick. Guess this is the point where I stop comparing it to the anime. First Misaki
gets depressed and we learn about her abusive father and gets empathy from Satou. Then Misaki starts to abuse this to get Satou to do her bidding which gets Satou depressed (well I guess Hitomi actually did that). Then Satou goes on another suicide attempt.

I do hope Satou doesn't actually believe that Misaki lied about her past despite the shock of the moment, really looking forward to how things progress.

Loving the twisted/dark Misaki
MKdzLHF.png

Quixzlizx

Hi Manga Gaf! Moved here from Anime Gaf.

So, how many of you have read the Tskihime Manga?

Congratulations on achieving enlightenment!

I tried to, but there were a few volumes in the middle with horrific translation quality, and I have a hard time reading sub-Google Translate English. I'd definitely finish it if that were ever rectified.

Zweizer

Banned
Hi Manga Gaf! Moved here from Anime Gaf.

So, how many of you have read the Tskihime Manga?

Welcome! Enjoy your stay~

Are you referring to the one by Sasaki Shounen? I read it. It was pretty good. I found Shiki and Arcueid pretty likable, more than in the VN in fact. Great adaptation, unlike the anime.

360pages

Welcome! Enjoy your stay~

Are you referring to the one by Sasaki Shounen? I read it. It was pretty good. I found Shiki and Arcueid pretty likable, more than in the VN in fact. Great adaptation, unlike the anime.

Yep, I actually really like it more then the same route from the VN.

Also, there is no anime version of it.

360pages

I was reading JoJo finished that up, then looked into Wolf Girl and Black prince...didn't care for it.

I finished the Breakers Part 1 not too long ago, but haven't gotten around to starting the second wave yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom