• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
One Piece

Interesting chapter but I feel like Oda is really dragging out not showing Sabo. Now that he's off break hopefully things will pick up a bit.

Excel Saga Vol 27

At last, the tale is over, and I'm actually both a bit confused at aspects the ending, and yet, happy with how all of it went down.

A shame that we'll never see the story proper animated, and that we'll never see the characters again. Was a long, strange, but highly enjoyable ride till the end.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

I actually dig Renji's new bankai, though not much else happened in the issue. I wish each chapter had a bit more substance.

Naruto

So Naruto and Bee are on the verge of death as all the bijuu got sucked up and Sasuke got skewered. I'm thinking we all just got genjutsu'd or something even more insane will pop up here.

One Piece

More build up. Cavendish with the split-personality is pretty sweet though. We'll probably get his story at some point during the arc and then he'll have his own cover arc.

Oda holding Sabo's reveal is kind of dumb because everyone knows who is under that robe. That upcoming coliseum battle is going to be pretty fantastic. Speaking of all things fantastic, I wonder how much of the world actually knows that Usopp is Sogeking? That could work to his advantage.

Froli

Broke his hand?..wtf : /
I remember the mangaka of D.gray-man broke her wrist, and it seems to have changed her art style. Didn't like it in the end

Kreed

One Piece 734:

I was wondering how Oda planned to handle the hatred the citizens currently have for King Riku vs their love for Doflamingo, if he plans on giving the Riku family the kingdom back. But this chapter and Doflamingo's gloating to King Riku gives me the impression that he will be exposing himself. Probably via a secret video snail set up in the room while he's battling Luffy or something since Doflamingo has videos set up all over the place.

Otherwise nothing really to say about the chapter other than it would have been "nice" if Oda had given Rebecca the secret personality instead, if only to not have a "needs protecting female" in the contest. Also nice touch having Doflamingo acknowledge that he doesn't know if Franky will win or lose against his men though through his own wording.

Naruto

You know, i'm more looking forward to seeing what Deus Ex arsepull the manga uses to resolve this then actually reading the plot. Because wow, has he overpowered Madara since his introduction.

One Piece 734:

I was wondering how Oda planed to handle the hatred the citizens currently have for King Riku vs their love for Doflamingo, if he plans on giving the Riku family the kingdom back. But this chapter and Doflamingo's gloating to King Riku gives me the impression that he will be exposing himself. Probably via a secret video snail set up in the room while he's battling Luffy or something since Doflamingo has videos set up all over the place.

Otherwise nothing really to say about the chapter other than it would have been "nice" if Oda had given Rebecca the secret personality instead, if only to not have a "needs protecting female" in the contest. Also nice touch having Doflamingo acknowledge that he doesn't know if Franky will win or lose against his men though through his own wording.

I think it will be handled like Alabasta with the minimal of effort. The people will know the truth and have reactions then move in one or two chapters.

Kreed

One Piece 734:

I think it will be handled like Alabasta with the minimal of effort. The people will know the truth and have reactions then move in one or two chapters.

Wasn't really thinking about the effort involved, as a secret snail video scenario could be a chapter or two and I'm not expecting Oda to spend a lot of time on a possible truth reveal. But he can't wipe away the people seeing King Riku and the royal guards commit these crimes and seeing Doflamingo save them with a nice speech and talks of Devil Fruits unless it's coming from someone the people would believe, which would be Doflamingo.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sasuke will use a trick where even Xzibit would be proud:
He will use Izanami on Madara tricking him in a way that he thinks that Sasuke is actually using Izanagi to regenerate.
Loop da loop.

Naruto 661

Holy shit wtf just did I just witness. Madara wiping everyone out, Sasuke getting some technique and then a minute later getting skewered. Wut?

If you notice when he summons the hawk it has a rinnegan on its eye. Does Sasuke have the Rinnegan now? That would be awesome and kind of solve the dilemma of who is going to take Madara out.

Awesome way to start of 2014!

Amikami

Banned
Naruto 661

Holy shit wtf just did I just witness. Madara wiping everyone out, Sasuke getting some technique and then a minute later getting skewered. Wut?

If you notice when he summons the hawk it has a rinnegan on its eye. Does Sasuke have the Rinnegan now? That would be awesome and kind of solve the dilemma of who is going to take Madara out.

Well I noticed the Hawk and assumed it was an art error since if that is the same summon from last time, it's eyes has definitely changed. Some seem to think its foreshadowing but has Kishi ever secretly hinted at anything in that way. Doesn't seem like his style. Not that Sasuke getting the Rinnegan would be surprising.

Definitely a good start to the year.

Naruto 661

likely an error with the hawk eye.... noticed that as well
also you don't need to spoiler tag your review the chapter has been out for awhile now ;)
How amazing would it be if Sasuke were to legit die like that, then Sakura can attack and get stabbed as well

if only reality was so simple

likely an error with the hawk eye.... noticed that as well
also you don't need to spoiler tag your review the chapter has been out for awhile now ;)

if only reality was so simple

Oh thanks. Its different in the anime thread.

Lol at anyone thinking Sasuke was going to die. Are you serious? Thats like saying Ichigo, Goku, Luffy were going to die in one of the numerous fights they have had.

daveo42

Banned
I know, but I was SO HYPED last night when I saw he got stabbed through the heart. SO HYPED guys. Don't take this feeling from me Kishi.

All shounen characters are just giant sacs of blood with no internal organs unless otherwise noted specifically for plot reasons. Even then, vital organs are always missed because plot/mc armor.

I'm still holding out hope he bites it...

All shounen characters are just giant sacs of blood with no internal organs unless otherwise noted specifically for plot reasons. Even then, vital organs are always missed because plot/mc armor.

I'm still holding out hope he bites it...

Except there are several valid reasons why Sasuke would not die such as it being a clone.

We see Sai for instance when Hashirama talks to Sasuke, it could be an ink clone.

Oh and that trope isn't specific to shounen but to pretty much any anime/manga/ heck movie that involves guns and sword fighting. How is it James Bond miraculously avoids every bullet or do his enemies suck that much at aiming and specifically aim elsewhere etc.

Stulaw

To people saying the hawk has a rinnegan, it's definitely not, was too few circles around the pupil, it's probably, pupil -> iris -> eye ball -> bits around the eye ball, I know hawks generally have green eyes where you hardly see the eyeball.

Also, I think that Gaara's taking Naruto to the Moon because something's there that can help keep him alive, and did you notice that Madara said something about his child? That and he used Shinra Tensei on Sasuke to stop him.

Kurita

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";97225373]Mob Psycho is probably the funniest manga since GTO.[/QUOTE]

I'd say all three mangas by ONE (Makai no Ossan, Mob Psycho and OPM) are equally funny. That guy really is one of the best writers atm

daveo42

Banned
Except there are several valid reasons why Sasuke would not die such as it being a clone.

We see Sai for instance when Hashirama talks to Sasuke, it could be an ink clone.

Oh and that trope isn't specific to shounen but to pretty much any anime/manga/ heck movie that involves guns and sword fighting. How is it James Bond miraculously avoids every bullet or do his enemies suck that much at aiming and specifically aim elsewhere etc.

I'm specifically talking about when actually taking a hit. The misses here match with setting for the manga, so that's a pass. You are right it exists outside the realm of shounen, but it tends to take center stage where most other genres at least try to maintain some sense of realism.

diaspora

Yes yes yes yes yes

Hypnosis PAUNCH
Falcon_Punch_SSBB.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sasuke isn't going to die because he is Sasuke.

I'd say the chances of Bee or Naruto dying are roughly the same.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Sasuke will be made Hokage after Naruto's sacrifice, but he'll be named the Seventh. They'll do a final shot of the mountain with Naruto's face in between Tsunade and Sasuke's, posthumously named the Sixth Hokage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom