• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Naruto 661

Not even going to bother getting hyped for Sasuke getting stabbed as we know he's not gonna die. Pfft.

Kieli

I ship Imamura with the new girl (if only because I don't like Danchou and that other girl deserves better than Imamura).

Naruto 661

I call five pages into the next chapter that Sasuke turns out okay.

Bleach 564

More interested that we finally got some info about the monk guy then Renji's new Bankai.

One Piece 734

Boring chapter.

Could not care in the slightest for Cavendish's dual personality.

Some more filth I got today to replace the filth I got yesterday?

BeEHZhaCIAAY8-F.jpg:large

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ 09

I don't even know who the new girl is but I guess some development between the main useless guy the not the heroine.

Wagatsuma-san 65

So why isn't this fuckhead with Silvia again?

because that one time he slipped into the future and saw that he and Wagatsuma are destined to be together because of true love or whatever.

it was pretty good when he was using his time slips to fix other people's futures but then it just became him being a fucking spaz all the time about making sure he would end up with her. so now instead of him ending up with more interesting girls with problems he could help fix he's going to end up with a perfect waifu that shockingly deep down has issues similar to his own.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hinmatsuri 32

Wait, I thought it was going to continue with the hitomi stuff from last time.

The documentary was hilarious though. Nitta is a pretty nice guy.

Funny how catchy that is, though I say Bleach was lucky to not be a part of that mess. I feel bad for all the other shows that had to mix with Naruto. ;b

Nisekoi 1-105.5

So I actually ended up with a Nisekoi marathon as I was catching up on Toriko which I'm still about 100 chapters behind on.

Hmm, its a nice harem comedy and much better done than R+V which turned into Battle Harem.

Its not all that fanservicey or smutty from what I've read but maybe I've become immune to low amounts due to FT and Kenichi lol.

Raku as an MC is alright for the most part. A little too passive but thats Harem manga for you.

I like Chitoge, Tsugumi and Onodera the most. But Onodera gives off those Yandere vibes sometimes even though she is sweet as hell. Maybe its the eyes she makes when she finds out something shocking about Raku lol.

Chitoge is your typical Tsundere but not overdone.

Tsugumi is the best looking out of them but her shyness holds her back. She is the most hilarious one of the bunch though. Her relationship with Raku is probably the weakest between the girls since she has no key.

Marika can die in a fire. I hate those clingy fangirl types and Marika reminds me of Sakura from Naruto which is the type of girl I hate the most.

Shu should be the real MC instead of Raku but then he would probably too much and end up with all the girls lol.

Ruri is ok as helper. She is one of those background characters along with the 2 families and the rest of the sidekicks.

Haru I dunno how to feel about her. Talk about dumb as bricks. Pisses me off sometimes and makes me laugh other times. >.>^

The plot seemed to have slowed down near the 80s but its picking back up again.

Raku being a dense motherfucker seems to come with the Harem territory. Still the amusement I got out of him getting hurt is worth dealing with that and its standard in a harem.

Komi will probably reach the end game in Year 3 of the school year when the "Nisekoi" is supposed to end.

I dunno who I should root for between Chitoge and Onodera. I'm leaning towards Onodera more but I can see the appeal of Chitoge.

Then there is that 4th key holder that still has to make an appearance. Lets see what you got this year Komi.

oh of course, the bankai's name isn't the full name. ooookay. anything to introduce new powers. rofl.

? I don't see how Kubo did anything wrong? Ichibei himself said Renji's bankai didn't reveal his full name. Its not anything new as Yumichika has this problem with his shikai.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings January 6th - January 12th

01. Silver Spoon #10 (460,147)
02. Ao Haru Ride #9 (203,905)
03. Mix #4 (182,060)
04. Natsume Yuujinchou #17 (181,265 / 349,609)
05. Toriko #28 (120,921 / 251,664)
06. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun #13 (106,449)
07. Haikyuu!! #9 (96,379 / 189,087)
08. Nisekoi #10 (88,288 / 182,013)
09. Ao no Exorcist #12 (82,362 / 574,020)
10. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #7 (77,978 / 537,897)
11. Tonari no Seki-kun #5 (77,430 / 138,931)
12. Silver Spoon Limited Edition #10 (71,698)
13. Yowamushi Pedal #32 (70,706)
14. Owari no Seraph #4 (67,640 / 135,119)
15. Beelzebub #25 (64,233 / 130,511)
16. Otoyomegatari #6 (63,524)
17. Aku no Hana #10 (62,018)
18. Btooom! #13 (59,199)
19. 7 Seeds #26 (50,931)
20. Kinnikuman #45 (50,307 / 96,893)
21. Akagami no Shirayukihime #11 (49,006 / 103,388)
22. Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu。#5 (47,437 / 326,807)
23. Tegami Bachi #17 (44,383 / 86,521)
24. Gekijou-ban Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magika Shinpen Hangyaku no Monogatari#3 (41,651)
25. Kyou no Kira-kun #7 (41,178)
26. Baki Gaiden Kenjin #1 (39,997)
27. Shingeki no Kyojin #12 (38,735 / 1,385,029)
28. Last Game #5 (38,378 / 77,659)
29. Sankarea #9 (37,812)
30. Baki Gaiden Kizuzura #3 (35,712)
31. Naniwa Tomo Are #26 (28,071 / 28,305)
32. Hyakki Yakoushou #14 (27,590 / 45,778)
33. Sakamoto Desuga? #2 (26,544 / 740,971)
34. Hatsukoi Monster #2 (26,500)
35. Higanjima Saigo no 47-Nichi Kan #13 (25,790)
36. Saki #12 (24,398 / 202,827)
37. Ohkami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji #8 (24,127 / 177,472)
38. Tokyo Alice #12 (22,497)
39. Clover #34 (22,482)
40. Fairy Tail #41 (22,294 / 458,702)
41. 8♀1♂ #5 (21,968)
42. Crows Zero Suzuran X Houen #4 (21,505)
43. Working!! #12 (21,393 / 195,314)
44. Kantai Collection -Kankore- Anthology Comic Yokosuka Chinjufu-hen #3 (20,991)
45. Sakamoto Desuga? #1 (20,848 / 1,112,880)
46. Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsuraii!! #5 (20,137 / 166,664)
47. Neko Mix Gekidan Toraji #7 (19,183)
48. Machi de Uwasa no Tengu no Ko #12 (18,568)
49. Kuroko no Basket #25 (18,382 / 628,351)
50. Shingeki no Kyojin #2 (18,161 / 2,434,760)

That last volume of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun ;_;

Tonari no Seki-kun is pretty impressive with its second week sales

8♀1♂
Shinichirou would rather spend his life playing games on the internet, but sadly he's a heir to a company. His grandfather deems his current life-style unfit for a heir, so he throws him into a house with eight young and beautiful girls. What's more, within one year he'll have to choose one of them as his bride. What will happen to him now?

lol

TUSR

Banned
Naruto

I called it from ages ago, Naruto and Sasuke are going to merge like fucking DBZ and beat Madara.

Madara has my sage powers combined with his Uchiha powers, the only way to beat him is from a secret jitsu that the 1st is going to give Sasuke.

Naruto

I called it from ages ago, Naruto and Sasuke are going to merge like fucking DBZ and beat Madara.

Madara has my sage powers combined with his Uchiha powers, the only way to beat him is from a secret jitsu that the 1st is going to give Sasuke.

Minato is gonna give Sauce the other Kyuubi so Naruto and him can combine using the power of love. Calling it right now.

Kyuur

Gigantomakhia 1-2

Wrestling and
golden showers
, what's not to love!

Seriously, great art and pacing. Miura is a talented fellow. Almost tempted to read Berserk, but I'm still holding off for more movie announcements.

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 02

I gotta say I am loving all this world building they are creating.

The same peeks into Chise's life is also very interesting but I am definitely looking forward to what direction they'll go with this world they set up.

...reading Donflamingo say "Sogeking"...so awesome. Even the hint that he would consider Usopp
land
a major threat just...lol. Amazing

Strength: D
Backbone: F
Legend: A++

oh of course, the bankai's name isn't the full name. ooookay. anything to introduce new powers. rofl.
Yeah, it´s not it´s foreshadowed with Yamichika fake shikai or anything, or how important to know the name of ones zampakto. Anything to make shit about post about Bleach lol.
Why Bleach sucks.

Lol.
One Piece 734

Boring chapter.

Could not care in the slightest for Cavendish's dual personality.
That was so fucking dumb.

Husk of Eden 11

Welp, since each chapter was named after her I'm not particularly surprised at how this ended up.

Honestly, I've complained about this in other manga before but I feel the quick deaths really work in the case of this manga. It's all about pacing and the world you created as well as having them be a person or fleshed out before they are killed. The author has had people built up and die literally from Chapter 1 so they created the appropriate world view to keep doing this. In this manga, they say, people die. Elaborating on them and building them up works three-fold in that 1. it subverts expectations due to most people not believing a mangaka would kill a character off if they spent so much work on them, 2. fleshes them out as people you care for as a means to get their death to affect and hit you harder than getting two pages and a meaningless bullet to the head would and 3. it does not invoke reader ire but rather like of the manga due to the characters being treated with respect and given a satisfactory death. When people complain about "bad endings" or deaths most people aren't mad that the character died but that they weren't treated properly or tone-ally correct. These characters however have their death given weight. Their deaths are sudden and violent and quick, but you learned about them, you saw them as people and their death had meaning. This is the proper way to write a manga where you kill off characters all the time. The mangaka treats each character they kill with respect and as a result we can get mad or sad or feel low at each death but at the writing in the manga, not at the mangaka for betraying us and writing poorly to treat a character shittily.

This manga is really really good.

Inari, Kon kon, Koi Iroha 37

Accept her feelings or tell her you don't like her like that, you fucking cunt.

Fuck.

Prison School 94

This is basic Andrenomics. Holy shit, this manga is a ride and a half. I knew Andre wasn't being an asshole for no reason. Play the long game, my friend. Meanwhile, Vice Prez pulled off some really happy smiles in this which was surprising to see but looks like we're about to find out the basis of that Nursery Rhyme.

Clay Lord 7

The Marquis is the best character. That is all. "I already changed him to a form I didn't like, please reset him"

Aiki-S 5

Man, Isutoshi sure doesn't care for Americans much does he? Nice to see Kageyusa is finally getting some time to OH WAIT VERONICA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID RULES TIME TO WORK OFF THIS PIZZA. Veronica has quickly become my favorite character in this new series. She just does not give a fuck.

...I may read too much manga. This is about half of what I read today.

Nordicus

Inari Konkon Koi Iroha 37

Keikoooooooooo!!! How much shittier could you possibly have acted over this?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's NOT alright Sumizome, it's not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom