• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
8♀1♂ 1 (how do you say that ? Eight females 1 male ?)
For once, a setting that is a little more believable than the string of coincidences harem manga/shows usually do (HEY BRO YOU'LL BE THE ONLY DUDE IN AN ALL-GIRL HIGH SCHOOL COOL HUH ?). Also :
MoWjwRv.jpg
Awkward adolescent years summarized at their finest.

Grudy

Reading the one piece chapter again made me a little sad that none of the whitebeard commanders even tried to come and battle for the fruit. I fully expected at least one of them to be there so maybe they can have a fight with Burgess for a little revenge. Oh well.

Aizo

Banned
Hentai Kamen 43-50

I kinda just want this to end as the constantly repeating gags really aren't making the genuinely funny moments worth it anymore. Good thing there's only one volume left.

I ended up feeling the same way, Wonzo. I'm sorry.
I'll give you a better recommendation next time.
Five of my friends who like similar things all said they loved it, so I really thought it would be great. :/

wonzo

Banned
I ended up feeling the same way, Wonzo. I'm sorry.
I'll give you a better recommendation next time.
Five of my friends who like similar things all said they loved it, so I really thought it would be great. :/
Nah, it's cool. I'd take 10 Hentai Kamen's over some if the garbage I've had to watch/read just to get people to check out some excellent stuff.

If it means at least one more person is reading something like Sneewitchen then it was worth it.

Nah, it's cool. I'd take 10 Hentai Kamen's over some if the garbage I've had to watch/read just to get people to check out some excellent stuff.

If it means at least one more person is reading something like Sneewitchen then it was worth it.

Sneewitchen's pretty high on my list of stuff to check out. Particularly if it's as good as Hansel and Gretel.

mjontrix

For once, a setting that is a little more believable than the string of coincidences harem manga/shows usually do (HEY BRO YOU'LL BE THE ONLY DUDE IN AN ALL-GIRL HIGH SCHOOL COOL HUH ?).

8 Female 1 Male.

Manga's good, a bit funny but I dunno how they'll balance out the 8 females unless they start eliminating a few --> serious spoiler alert
Like his brother did

oh of course, the bankai's name isn't the full name. ooookay. anything to introduce new powers. rofl.

...Actually the name thing makes sense - remember Yumichika's Shikai?

Oricon Comic Rankings January 6th - January 12th

01. Silver Spoon #10 (460,147)
02. Ao Haru Ride #9 (203,905)
03. Mix #4 (182,060)
04. Natsume Yuujinchou #17 (181,265 / 349,609)
05. Toriko #28 (120,921 / 251,664)
06. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun #13 (106,449)
07. Haikyuu!! #9 (96,379 / 189,087)
08. Nisekoi #10 (88,288 / 182,013)
09. Ao no Exorcist #12 (82,362 / 574,020)
10. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #7 (77,978 / 537,897)
11. Tonari no Seki-kun #5 (77,430 / 138,931)
12. Silver Spoon Limited Edition #10 (71,698)
13. Yowamushi Pedal #32 (70,706)
14. Owari no Seraph #4 (67,640 / 135,119)
15. Beelzebub #25 (64,233 / 130,511)
16. Otoyomegatari #6 (63,524)
17. Aku no Hana #10 (62,018)
18. Btooom! #13 (59,199)
19. 7 Seeds #26 (50,931)
20. Kinnikuman #45 (50,307 / 96,893)
21. Akagami no Shirayukihime #11 (49,006 / 103,388)
22. Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu。#5 (47,437 / 326,807)
23. Tegami Bachi #17 (44,383 / 86,521)
24. Gekijou-ban Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magika Shinpen Hangyaku no Monogatari#3 (41,651)
25. Kyou no Kira-kun #7 (41,178)
26. Baki Gaiden Kenjin #1 (39,997)
27. Shingeki no Kyojin #12 (38,735 / 1,385,029)
28. Last Game #5 (38,378 / 77,659)
29. Sankarea #9 (37,812)
30. Baki Gaiden Kizuzura #3 (35,712)
31. Naniwa Tomo Are #26 (28,071 / 28,305)
32. Hyakki Yakoushou #14 (27,590 / 45,778)
33. Sakamoto Desuga? #2 (26,544 / 740,971)
34. Hatsukoi Monster #2 (26,500)
35. Higanjima Saigo no 47-Nichi Kan #13 (25,790)
36. Saki #12 (24,398 / 202,827)
37. Ohkami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji #8 (24,127 / 177,472)
38. Tokyo Alice #12 (22,497)
39. Clover #34 (22,482)
40. Fairy Tail #41 (22,294 / 458,702)
41. 8♀1♂ #5 (21,968)
42. Crows Zero Suzuran X Houen #4 (21,505)
43. Working!! #12 (21,393 / 195,314)
44. Kantai Collection -Kankore- Anthology Comic Yokosuka Chinjufu-hen #3 (20,991)
45. Sakamoto Desuga? #1 (20,848 / 1,112,880)
46. Kobayashi ga Kawai Sugite Tsuraii!! #5 (20,137 / 166,664)
47. Neko Mix Gekidan Toraji #7 (19,183)
48. Machi de Uwasa no Tengu no Ko #12 (18,568)
49. Kuroko no Basket #25 (18,382 / 628,351)
50. Shingeki no Kyojin #2 (18,161 / 2,434,760)

Nearly 2.5 mlns.

Surprised tegami bachi was surpassed by Seraph Of The End so early.

Akito

It's kind of touching how much reigen actually cares about Mob.

He's not just a conman trying to exploit the poor kid.
Yeah but I guess he wouldn't have tried so hard to stop Mob from fighting if he knew how ridiculously powerful Mob is, at least in this situation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah but I guess he wouldn't have tried so hard to stop Mob from fighting if he knew how ridiculously powerful Mob is, at least in this situation.

I dunno, this page:

Seems to imply that he cares about Mob enough that he doesn't want him to grow up twisted like them, thus why he keeps insisting on Mob resist using his powers to hurt others.

Lirlond

All he's trying to do is help Mob grow up into a decent person. Instead of a kid spoiled by his psychic powers. He doesn't deserve this.

Goodbye claw.

Mob Psycho 100 1

Wait has One improved his drawings that much ? Kinda impressive in fact, compared to the early days of OPM.
Also : "After the exorcism I'm sure her face will return to normal - THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HER FACE"

Lain

Just read the first volume of Old Boy, but I feel too tired to express a more in-depth opinion than: badass volume.
So far it's better than the Korean movie and after I wake up i'll try to talk a little more about my opinion of it.

Tacitus_

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";97322180]Kingdom 211

I don't get it. Why doesn't Shin ever wear his armor?[/QUOTE]

He is wearing it in the current arc.

Also, it bothers me that they always use -sama in a comic about China.

Good to know he eventually puts his armor on. There's no reason for him to look like a pauper.

Magdala de Nemure 6

Shit's happening soon.

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo 32
I had forgotten how dense Jinbee is. It's like a power for him, making enemies enter a confusion state.

Kettch

UQ Holder 17

Damn, that's some nice action. This is what I was hoping for, more stuff similar to those great early Negima panels.

For once, a setting that is a little more believable than the string of coincidences harem manga/shows usually do (HEY BRO YOU'LL BE THE ONLY DUDE IN AN ALL-GIRL HIGH SCHOOL COOL HUH ?). Also :

Awkward adolescent years summarized at their finest.

Haichi Ichi (8 1) is the title I seen so it becomes pronounceable.

No anime bump for Nisekoi until next volume, I suppose.

Silver Spoon on the other hand is looking pretty strong.

Too early, anime only aired on the 10th or 11th. Can't expect everyone to suddenly run out and the buy the manga. Not like I did that or anything!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That was so fucking dumb.

Come on dude, any time something happens in bleach, you manage to defend it, and any time anything happens in one piece, you call it stupid. This is getting out of hand.

Cavandish basically has a multiple personality disorder, he's a Jekyl and Hyde character. I doubt he "fell asleep" in the fight in a narcoleptic sense, either his other personality decided to take over, or he purposely triggered the switch. All these coliseum guys bust out their secret abilities when the fights get rough, and this is Cavendish's turn. What's "so fucking dumb" about it, exactly? You don't even hate on One Piece with a REASON these days.

Yeah, it´s not it´s foreshadowed with Yamichika fake shikai or anything, or how important to know the name of ones zampakto. Anything to make shit about post about Bleach lol.

I don't think you understand what the word "foreshadowed" means. There had never been any indication throughout the entirety of the series that Renji's zanpakutou had been keeping anything from him. No odd occurances, no lingering glances at his sword, etc etc. It can certainly be rationalized after the fact by saying "yes, the name matters, ala Yumichika," and "Renji fast-trained his Bankai and didn't really earn the full version" and whatnot. It's not a stupid thing necessarily, but it definitely came out of nowhere. We knew he'd get a powerup from the royal guard, but it certainly wasn't foreshadowed to be something like "your sword didn't acknowledge you, and hid its name from you." I would've preferred it to reveal its full name to him personally, to ACTUALLY acknowledge his present strength, instead of mr buddah here just saying "lol I'll tell u the name." Awfully impersonal.

I'd like to note that I have zero agenda against any of the big three, I'm not defending one piece and attacking bleach. I just feel compelled to counter your constant hyperbole against each.

UQ Holder 17

Damn, that's some nice action. This is what I was hoping for, more stuff similar to those great early Negima panels.

Negima didn't really take off action wise till volume 3, when Evangeline and the Pactio system were introduced. I get the feeling we are starting to head into that with UQ holder as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Come on dude, any time something happens in bleach, you manage to defend it, and any time anything happens in one piece, you call it stupid. This is getting out of hand.

Cavandish basically has a multiple personality disorder, he's a Jekyl and Hyde character. I doubt he "fell asleep" in the fight in a narcoleptic sense, either his other personality decided to take over, or he purposely triggered the switch. All these coliseum guys bust out their secret abilities when the fights get rough, and this is Cavendish's turn. What's "so fucking dumb" about it, exactly? You don't even hate on One Piece with a REASON these days.

I don't think you understand what the word "foreshadowed" means. There had never been any indication throughout the entirety of the series that Renji's zanpakutou had been keeping anything from him. No odd occurances, no lingering glances at his sword, etc etc. It can certainly be rationalized after the fact by saying "yes, the name matters, ala Yumichika," and "Renji fast-trained his Bankai and didn't really earn the full version" and whatnot. It's not a stupid thing necessarily, but it definitely came out of nowhere. We knew he'd get a powerup from the royal guard, but it certainly wasn't foreshadowed to be something like "your sword didn't acknowledge you, and hid its name from you." I would've preferred it to reveal its full name to him personally, to ACTUALLY acknowledge his present strength, instead of mr buddah here just saying "lol I'll tell u the name." Awfully impersonal.

I'd like to note that I have zero agenda against any of the big three, I'm not defending one piece and attacking bleach. I just feel compelled to counter your constant hyperbole against each.

I thought he was getting a new sword entirely, anyways?

Kurita

/nods in agreement

upandaway

Hayate

I guess that's what he used originally. So.. does he still have that? Because I don't remember a charm ever being brought up after he became a butler. Does it disappear after being used or what.

I really don't want Hayate's parents to ever show up again because I just know he'll forgive them

We should go back to reading smut. Speaking of which,

Nisekoi Vol.1

iBye9gS.jpg

Both girls have equal levels of good and bad traits so I guess I'll watch for more girls to appear cause of course that'll happen.

lol plot development in a romantic comedy running in jump

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I thought he was getting a new sword entirely, anyways?

Well I guess any asauchi will turn into the same sword, since it's the soul reaper who imbues it with its identity. Except in Ichigo's case, since his first sword was never actually a zanpakutou.

UNRELATED, anyone who gives even a tiny fuck about Naruto should go watch 345 that came out today. It's got the part where Obito goes batshit and murders everyone after Kakashi kills Rin, and wow it's one of the best adaptations of the manga the anime has done in ages.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how you guys think its actually necessary to explain Beam's relationship with Bleach. Everyone already knows what's up, guys.

Shitoge the Queen ha ha.

Everyone with fine taste know that Tsugumi's the ideal waifu that we all dream of.

OR NOT YOU'RE RICH YOU NAIVE OXYMORON.

She's just about as likely to win as Nikumi in ShokuSoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom