• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youkai Shoujo 27

Dropped. Just don't feel like reading this.

------------------------------------------

Looks like a Tokyo Ghoul ;re anime (The real continuation of the manga) might have just been announced?

Might be fake? No one has reported on it yet.

CBTfLrOXEAAkvR6.jpg:large

Wouldn't surprise me given how popular the series is.
Aqua post if you are ok

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha................😑

This better be fuckin fake there's no way they could connect Root A to Re, it wouldn't make any sense.

Yeah this has to definitely be fake, can't be true.

Protag

Banned
Any series to reccomend me with good story, realism and mature plot? Shounen or seinen is great.

Ive been eyeing Rourouni Kenshin, but im trying to discern if its just shounen at its very core, or tells a good story with great action without going over the top.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha................��

This better be fuckin fake there's no way they could connect Root A to Re, it wouldn't make any sense.

Yeah this has to definitely be fake, can't be true.

It's probably a fake given the info I got from the anime thread about the dates, but a ;re anime is inevitable anyway.

Usobuko

Banned
Any series to reccomend me with good story, realism and mature plot? Shounen or seinen is great.

Ive been eyeing Rourouni Kenshin, but im trying to discern if its just shounen at its very core, or tells a good story with great action without going over the top.

Do you want them to be action-packed or more of slice-of-life?

Quixzlizx

Light Novel GAF

I've been into the fantasy new world books lately.

-Moon Light Sculptor
-Shield Bro
-Danmachi
-Re:Monster

Ect...

Any recommendations?

It's not a "new world" series, but I'd recommend Madan no Ou to Vanadis if you're looking for fantasy.

Edit: Also, I haven't actually read it yet because I'm waiting for the translations to be finished, but the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha manga is so good my hype levels are 11/10 for the LNs.

It's probably a fake given the info I got from the anime thread about the dates, but a ;re anime is inevitable anyway.

You know I really want a Penisman adaption, though Tokyo Ghoul Jack is getting an OVA. Which is probably Pierrot's only chance to really build trust over fans.

The OVA probably has a high chance in being mediocre.
😌

Have you read Berserk?

Zweizer

Banned

Kenshin is pretty much classic shonen. The action is good but don't expect an amazing story.

If you want more mature stuff, I suggest you start with these series:

• Solanin: A group of somewhat directionless young adults reflect on their life so far, and their future.
  • Nickelodeon: A collection of quirky, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, generally thought-provoking short stories.
  • 7 Seeds: Several groups of people suddenly awaken in a hostile post-apocalyptic world and must now struggle together to survive.
  • Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru: Slice of life series about a small town and its various residents. Great deadpan humor and writing.
  • Once Again: A short manhua about a workaholic man who recently lost his wife, to his indifference.
  • Boys on the Run: When a loser who fled from every hardship he encountered in life wants to stop running...
  • Molester Man: Based on a real story. A man gets mistaken for a molester as her goes back home.
  • Planetes: In the near future, the outer space surrounding Earth will be littered with trash, necessiting space garbage collectors. This tells the story of one of these special stations.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
It's not a "new world" series, but I'd recommend Madan no Ou to Vanadis if you're looking for fantasy.

Edit: Also, I haven't actually read it yet because I'm waiting for the translations to be finished, but the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha manga is so good my hype levels are 11/10 for the LNs.

Already read the light novels for Maou. Top level shit.

Shokoku no Altair
Kokou no Hito
Sanctuary
Team Medical Dragon

Kingdom 10-50

Hey, this thing moves at a pretty decent pace!
Not shivving the evil brother prince was hella stupid tho. "no reason to kill him". Yeah, but no reason to keep the traitorous evil cunt alive either. totes not expecting it to backfire later. no siree

Wan Peess 781
Was there a single human in this great oul' earth that did not see that coming?

Assassination Classroom 133

At least it strongly suggests and highly implies that the story wont be extending after march. Was always afraid one would make the series continue beyond their one year deadline or something.

Not really shocked over his past life though. Was more shocked over Maehara' being able to handle 25

Revo

OPM Murata 42.5

Kittens~

OPM Murata 43.3

Saitama should become a professional dancer with footwork like that

(more ballroom e youkoso when)

OPM Murata 43.3

lol at Sonic's face.... Murata did well with adapting this chapter compared to the original one

Magi

lol trololololol Goodbye Judar.... I hope you see Kars up there
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best chapter of the week for me

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
OPM Murata 43.3

lol at Sonic's face.... Murata did well with adapting this chapter compared to the original one

Magi

lol trololololol Goodbye Judar.... I hope you see Kars up there
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best chapter of the week for me
Magi chapter was great GTFO Judar (basically)

some people are guessing that
Alibaba just stays brain dead forever and that Hakriyyu and Aladdin will become a new combo

This likely won't happen but if it did and Alibaba and Judar never do return for this series
then this author has guts

Anyone up to date on Gintama

the anime is coming back on April but its been awhile so I forgot what arc they left off on and which arc follows up after

I wonder how far the anime is from this current awesome arc..... Gintama's anime is one of those few good adaptations that I love to watch even though I read the original work

wonzo

Banned
tbh im down for fuckery but permanently replacing alibaba with mcedge chinese sausage would kill whatever enthusiasm i have left for magi

tbh im down for fuckery but permanently replacing alibaba with mcedge chinese sausage would kill whatever enthusiasm i have left for magi

I agree that I do adore Alibaba

but having him just brain dead for the rest of the serious would produce such glorious tears it may be worth it

Anyone up to date on Gintama

the anime is coming back on April but its been awhile so I forgot what arc they left off on and which arc follows up after

I wonder how far the anime is from this current awesome arc..... Gintama's anime is one of those few good adaptations that I love to watch even though I read the original work

Well the anime left off on the Courtesan of a Nation and School of Beam Saber arc which were apart of the Enchousen season.

The trailer for the new season shows the Time stop arc. Though I really hope it's more than 2 cours plus I haven't read the manga in a while.

I really wonder if they will go back and animate the skipped chapters like the Tama and Yamazaki.

Prison School 171

Chairman-Dono be safe :'(

Guess I'm all caught up now and have to wait for chapters like the rest of y'all. Glad I decided to pick this up.

I suppose now I'll catch up to Nanatsu no Taizai, then Shoukugeki no Soma, then Magi. Should keep me busy for a while. Dunno what I'll read after that though, maybe Assassination Classroom.

Terraformars 118

Wait do we know who his mother is? I actually just wanna see them fight more roaches though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom