• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki 13-24.5
nekomusume22.jpg
nekomusume22a.jpg

Easily the most entertaining "monster girl" manga I've read yet. rip centaurs worries

Kanojo to Camera to Kanojo no Kisetsu 1

Comes across as a Yuri version of PhotoKano only without the waste of potential and the dumb harem omnibus being replaced with a more modest love triangle. Could be good.

Moaradin

One Punch-Man 43.3

This was the first chapter I had to wait for since I blazed through this manga a couple weeks ago. A pretty short chapter, but it's great as always. Gonna be hard getting used to the waiting :(

Arabesque

some people are guessing that
Alibaba just stays brain dead forever and that Hakriyyu and Aladdin will become a new combo

This likely won't happen but if it did and Alibaba and Judar never do return for this series
then this author has guts

Hakuryuu actually makes that offer to Aladdin in the next chapter. Aladdin obviously doesn't answer with a yes immediately, but one of Hakuryuu's allies arrives before they talk any further

You can count on both of them coming back. Alibaba is in Alma Torran and Judar will pull crazy Black Magic nonsense out of his ass to come back. I don't think they will be back before the end of the civil war/Koen's death.

Other dude has no legs though... The struggle.

He can just take them from Alibaba.

Not like he's going to need them anytime soon.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
News of Transformations
Collection of short stories that tackle on different topics, from coming of age stories, suicide, love, and others.
The story is surreal and bizarre. It is unique and enjoyable to read despite several disturbing moment like testicle that turn into a balloon, a children who want to kill his parent, a attempted suicide.
News of transformation said:

Jintor

Shinozaki-san ki o Ota Shika 1-24

So I posted something on this earlier but I realised I haven't heard it mentioned much in here, if at all, and I don't know if this is a well known series at all so I may as well do some pimping for it. I ended up reading most of it under the cherry blossoms in Nara Park watching Chinese tourists run screaming from deer chasing them for delicious deer biscuits... where was I? Oh yeah, yuri tsunderes.

The gist of the series is that MC, a former popular middle-school student (self-described) misses the first week of school and gets locked out of the cliques. She tries to make friends with the girl sitting next to her who ends up being a huge precure nerd. Naturally because this is a comedy series she decides the only way to make friends in high school is to become a Precure nerd too. Zany misadventures ensue.

Basssicaaalllyyyyyyyyy it's just genuinely funny with a mix of genuine social anxiety but not Watamote-level crippling anxiety as it is normal person occasionally-confident occasionally-anxious relatively couragous etc etc etc. I really like the MC, she's cute and self-doubting and strong and smart and even though she basically ends up being a huge otaku she doesn't let go of her old school friends and hobbies either. But the background cast is great too, from her otaku best friend/yuri shipping partner to all her old school friends, her new otaku friends, and her friendly-but-abused otaku bro and his friends who are the genshiken to the main story's fujyoshi club.

I also think the art looks really nice.

qMc0CTn.png

actually i found this image linked from a neogaf thread so someone out there reads this. I SALUTE YOU, SIR OR MADAME

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

So I posted something on this earlier but I realised I haven't heard it mentioned much in here, if at all, and I don't know if this is a well known series at all so I may as well do some pimping for it. I ended up reading most of it under the cherry blossoms in Nara Park watching Chinese tourists run screaming from deer chasing them for delicious deer biscuits... where was I? Oh yeah, yuri tsunderes.

The gist of the series is that MC, a former popular middle-school student (self-described) misses the first week of school and gets locked out of the cliques. She tries to make friends with the girl sitting next to her who ends up being a huge precure nerd. Naturally because this is a comedy series she decides the only way to make friends in high school is to become a Precure nerd too. Zany misadventures ensue.

Basssicaaalllyyyyyyyyy it's just genuinely funny with a mix of genuine social anxiety but not Watamote-level crippling anxiety as it is normal person occasionally-confident occasionally-anxious relatively couragous etc etc etc. I really like the MC, she's cute and self-doubting and strong and smart and even though she basically ends up being a huge otaku she doesn't let go of her old school friends and hobbies either. But the background cast is great too, from her otaku best friend/yuri shipping partner to all her old school friends, her new otaku friends, and her friendly-but-abused otaku bro and his friends who are the genshiken to the main story's fujyoshi club.

qMc0CTn.png

actually i found this image linked from a neogaf thread so someone out there reads this. I SALUTE YOU, SIR OR MADAME

I read this. Still waiting for update. The protag is definitely yuri in denial.

Jintor

I might go get the tanks next time I'm in a bookstore if I can find them.

Who publishes them? It's not YJ or Gangan, I know that much. I saw the tanks once...

Usobuko

Banned
News of Transformations
Collection of short stories that tackle on different topics, from coming of age stories, suicide, love, and others.
The story is surreal and bizarre. It is unique and enjoyable to read despite several disturbing moment like testicle that turn into a balloon, a children who want to kill his parent, a attempted suicide.

Oh, by Miyazaki Natsujikei. Looks good, I'll read it when I have the time.

Zweizer

Banned
I might go get the tanks next time I'm in a bookstore if I can find them.

Who publishes them? It's not YJ or Gangan, I know that much. I saw the tanks once...

It's published by Comic Meteor.

Hikawa Shou's art is pretty nice. I always found the Touhou doujinshi from the artist very pleasant to read, especially Cat Level 24/96=? and Can’t Return to the Forest of Books.

Jintor

It's published by Comic Meteor.

Hikawa Shou's art is pretty nice. I always found the Touhou doujinshi from the artist very pleasant to read, especially Cat Level 24/96=? and Can’t Return to the Forest of Books.

It's very clean, very expressive. The panelling works quite well too, it's not a confusing mess like so many others. It really pops, you know? I started rereading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun after and even though I like that story the panelling is really weak at the beginning.

Zweizer

Banned
It's very clean, very expressive. The panelling works quite well too, it's not a confusing mess like so many others. It really pops, you know? I started rereading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun after and even though I like that story the panelling is really weak at the beginning.

Yeah I agree. It's just too bad that the releases are slow to come out.

Anyone up to date on Gintama

the anime is coming back on April but its been awhile so I forgot what arc they left off on and which arc follows up after

I wonder how far the anime is from this current awesome arc..... Gintama's anime is one of those few good adaptations that I love to watch even though I read the original work

Agree about it being a good adaptation. Probably my favorite in regards to that, as even when episodes have a bit of filler, its still good.

I'm wondering though how far its going to go this time. As it seems like the manga is possibly in the final story arc, is it close enough to the end where the anime wont catch up to where the manga is before it ends.

Agree about it being a good adaptation. Probably my favorite in regards to that, as even when episodes have a bit of filler, its still good.

I'm wondering though how far its going to go this time. As it seems like the manga is possibly in the final story arc, is it close enough to the end where the anime wont catch up to where the manga is before it ends.

I hope they at least cover that executioner girl arc seeing as that is when they introduce the face of that new Shogun guy

Nanatsu no Taizai 120

man all of them are getting wrecked...... I just want that demon guy to talk more to Melodias..... I want to know more on why Zeldris' older brother is so weak and for what reason is he not part of the Demon army (seeing as that last Vampire chapter showed us that the whole Demon vs Goddess War wasn't just evil vs good but with a bit of grey

Escanor is likely going to appear soon

dani_dc

qMc0CTn.png

It's a really nice series, very fun to read. Some people here read it, but I get the impression that not many.

I read this. Still waiting for update. The protag is definitely yuri in denial.

Everyone in this series is Yuri in denial.

upandaway

I started reading it because I saw it mentioned often in the thread, so a bunch of us do, but slow releases didn't help. MC should calm down.

Arabesque

Viz is going to continue Black Clover in Jump starting next week
:/

Really wanted it to be Kagmigami, though I suppose given how much they were talking about it on their podcast made the decision pretty clear already. Shame.

Ah well. At least they finally picked a series, instead of not choosing one at all.

Shouta

Nanatsu no Taizai 120

Getting bopped hard. I really would be surprised if we didn't get a training arc after they clear this situation.

Prison School 172

LOOOOOOOOL. The situation in which the chapter ends is going to make me laugh just thinking about it.

Also, the other boys, Anzu, and the cake girl finally going somewhere.

Food Wars!

Kind of wish he did have a chapter of getting depressed before getting the hang of the kitchen. No need to go so fast paced over these three days.

Wonder how he has found time to make his own dish to add to the menu.

My Hero Academia 36

Pointless chapter, there was no way anything could have been done to beat Bakugou, especially debris.

Ended up just being good for Bakugou faces and thats it. Ah and that one todoroki panel.
CBXOoHuUsAAjLce.png:large

Food Wars!

Kind of wish he did have a chapter of getting depressed before getting the hang of the kitchen. No need to go so fast paced over these three days.

Wonder how he has found time to make his own dish to add to the menu.

My Hero Academia 36

Pointless chapter, there was no way anything could have been done to beat Bakugou, especially debris.

Ended up just being good for Bakugou faces and thats it. Ah and that one todoroki panel.
CBXOoHuUsAAjLce.png:large

If she went over her weight limit, the debris must total around 3 tons since that's her capacity. It's a lot more impressive when you realize that

World Trigger 97
tumblr_nm1eu1e5cT1s5992do1_540.png

Yet another one of my predictions came true. Its been a while but Hyuse seems to not be imprisoned or anything, guess he has fully defected from Aftokrator to Meedan. Looks kind of nice in this wear.

I think Tamakoma will win, Mikumo looks really determined.

Also worth noting that even with a 3 ton meteor shower, Ochako didn't expect that to beat Bakugo, she just wanted to use it to create an opening. She was just caught off guard by the shockwaves the explosion he used caused, which blew her away when she went in for the attack

World Trigger 97
tumblr_nm1eu1e5cT1s5992do1_540.png

Yet another one of my predictions came true. Its been a while but Hyuse seems to not be imprisoned or anything, guess he has fully defected from Aftokrator to Meedan. Looks kind of nice in this wear.

I think Tamakoma will win, Mikumo looks really determined.

Everything is set up for Mikumo to step up this battle, especially after being called out for relying on Yuma too much in the last one, as well as both other squads not even worrying about anyone aside from the aces. I only hope they follow through with his victory though, instead of another draw situation like with Kazama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom