• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n8awe8CCoL1qig535o1_500.gif

WOW so terrible am I right guys?! /s
what show is this?

For your own sake please don't be too hyped for the anime adaption. The reason I say this is because every single adaption from Young Jump have been shit. I've already been destroyed by the Tokyo Ghoul adaption and the fact Pierrot is going full milk mode with the series since its really popular in Japan is even more dreadful. So please don't get your expectations too high just for it to be smashed into pieces. I really enjoy OnePunch man but I'm seriously keeping my expectations low so I won't be severly disappointed. I mean how the heck will they be able to animate Murata's top tier art.

RIP OnePunch Man.

MadHouse is animating OnePunch Man though, and looking at their recent track record (Parasyte, Hunter x Hunter 2011, Death Parade, No Game No Life, and many more) I'm pretty confident we can expect a decent to amazing adaptation.

Yowamushi Pedal 235 - 243

TESHIMA'S RIDING TOUCHED YOUR SOUL! SAKAMICHI GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
For your own sake please don't be too hyped for the anime adaption. The reason I say this is because every single adaption from Young Jump have been shit. I've already been destroyed by the Tokyo Ghoul adaption and the fact Pierrot is going full milk mode with the series since its really popular in Japan is even more dreadful. So please don't get your expectations too high just for it to be smashed into pieces. I really enjoy OnePunch man but I'm seriously keeping my expectations low so I won't be severly disappointed. I mean how the heck will they be able to animate Murata's top tier art.

RIP OnePunch Man.

this from the Tokyo Ghoul stan who was hyping even the obviously going to be shitty anime adaption up to high heaven, sure.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

RIP OnePunch Man.

Aqua pls ;_;

this from the Tokyo Ghoul stan who was hyping even the obviously going to be shitty anime adaption up to high heaven, sure.

so opm is gonna be good then? lol

I only hyped season 1 considering that Morita was directing the series, till I found out he only did a few episodes which were the only good ones. Season 2 I seriously didn't hype up like crazy your just exaggerating, the only thing I had expectations for was the Mangaka's original draft but little did I know Pierrot skipped most of the content in it.

I'm just saying even a manga like Terra Formars which was selling really well before the anime got a terrible budget. Anyways it really doesn't matter because if OPM gets an amazing anime adaption then it's great for all of us and we can be happy the end.

Nisekoi 164

C'mon Y-San. 800 votes. 800 copies of jump he bought just to do that. Really?
I kinda doubt that Onodera is going to be the promised girl though. And didn't Chitoge's mom say she had something to tell Raku when she next came back to japan?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dude are you serious? There was a HUGE drop in the quality of the animation in my eyes within the first three episodes. I'll go ahead and rewatch it but it was so bad that I had to drop a show I really enjoyed the first time around. The story was probably still really good though by the end of it.

*checking the episode director for the first 3 episodes
Ah yes, Yuasa episode probably the one that make you goes WTH.
Well, that just how he roll. He like making thing more "fluid" or playing with perspective in his directing style. While the story might be hit or miss (i personally think it's average), the animation is great.

I'd say if you have time, keep going. There's definitely something that you will love.

RIP OnePunch Man.

Well, series composition writer and director for Tokyo Ghoul don't really have much experience in tv series, so yeah....

On the other hand, Onepunchman is directed by Shingo Natsume, while not exactly the most famous director, his key animation is of high quality, so i can at least expect great Sakuga from OPM. All the episode he directed in Space Dandy have a high quality sakuga, and Madhouse latest show is one of the better anime out there, so yeah...

Zweizer

Banned
One Punch Man 15

How is this an entire chapter of a dude flashstepping all over a forest?

One Punch-Man is all about playing with the usual superhero tropes, the comedy, Saitama wrecking everyone's shit and Murata's godly art. These kinds of chapters are supposed to be emulating actual animation as Stulaw pointed out.

Jintor

Alright smutgaf. Anything out there comparable to Nana to Kaoru (not necessarily regarding S&M but rather regarding the interplay of sexuality/relationships while also not just being 'lol u can see her panties?')

I remember at least two series which were about some kind of jacked up power dynamic regarding either a peephole in an apartment or some windows that looked into each other's bedrooms or something. And another comic, I think by the dude who did Nana to Kaoru, which was about a dude who had errection problems and an older girl who had family troubles that led to some pretty interesting issues.

But most every other thing I can remember is generally a more light-hearted comedy kind of affair (Monster Musume et al).

Mind you I haven't read most of the stuff in the OT banner yet, though I'm planning on getting into Prison School some time in the near future.

Zweizer

Banned
Alright smutgaf. Anything out there comparable to Nana to Kaoru (not necessarily regarding S&M but rather regarding the interplay of sexuality/relationships while also not just being 'lol u can see her panties?')

I remember at least two series which were about some kind of jacked up power dynamic regarding either a peephole in an apartment or some windows that looked into each other's bedrooms or something. And another comic, I think by the dude who did Nana to Kaoru, which was about a dude who had errection problems and an older girl who had family troubles that led to some pretty interesting issues.

But most every other thing I can remember is generally a more light-hearted comedy kind of affair (Monster Musume et al).

Mind you I haven't read most of the stuff in the OT banner yet, though I'm planning on getting into Prison School some time in the near future.

The peephole and window series you're thinking of are Nozoki Ana and Nozo x Kimi both from the same author. The Amazume series you're referring to is probably Toshiue no Hito.

Can't really think of another smut series that put so much emphasis on the complexity of relationship as Nana to Kaoru. Have you read Kanojo wa Sore o Gaman Dekinai and Ana Satsujin?

Quixzlizx

Domestic na Kanojo 34

OH YEAH, NOTHING IS STOPPING THIS TRAIN! PRELIMINARY CONGRATS ON THE SEX ARE IN ORDER!

And given this family's knocking habits, someone is going to walk in on it.

It's not like Sasuga Kei would fuck with me, right?

dani_dc

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 74

It's so refreshing to read a romcom where all the girls are actually being forward about their situations with one another(I'm looking at you Nisekoi).

Mikan keeps being the best girl out of the bunch, Mikan at her best can entertain me as much as the Principal.

Seitenkango. Shinyuu
I came for the sex.
Stayed for the story.
It's so odd seeing a good story inside a hentai, not something you come across everyday.

Quixzlizx

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 74

It's so refreshing to read a romcom where all the girls are actually being forward about their situations with one another(I'm looking at you Nisekoi).

Mikan keeps being the best girl out of the bunch, Mikan at her best can entertain me as much as the Principal.

Now hopefully they'll all be actually forward with the protagonist.

dani_dc

Now hopefully they'll all be actually forward with the protagonist.
Two of them were already!
Only class president hasn't been, and she already has plans for it.

Well I guess You'll could actually nor deny liking him, but she kissed him already, hard to get more forward than that.

Kozue-chan no Koukan Nikki

She always had problems with texting, so the boy in front of her suggests to start an exchange diary with her for practice.

Cute one shot, that of course leads to relationship. It's pretty adorable.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 23

Truly an erotic body indeed. Real talk if it weren't for the mouth and the fetish Nutcraker would be 10/10 for that body. I mean look at that ass.😯 Plus she's a hybrid with 2 types of Kagune.

Anyways felt bad for that poor Investigator getting his nuts cracked. There was some Yuri action as well but a bit violent. It also seems like Kagune's can detach themselves which adds another layer to Kagune's. It makes IXA Arima's quinque not so magical anymore which is a good thing. Tsukiyama's servant is showing off why she's a badass. So Kaneki, Shirazu, and Saiko are gonna head for Nutcracker while Urie and Mutsuki are gonna accidentally head for Seidou. Ahahaha Urie is gonna fuck up in some way.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
*checking the episode director for the first 3 episodes
Ah yes, Yuasa episode probably the one that make you goes WTH.
Well, that just how he roll. He like making thing more "fluid" or playing with perspective in his directing style. While the story might be hit or miss (i personally think it's average), the animation is great.

I love fluidity but some of the lines looked out of place for like two episodes and thought that was the nail in the coffin for the series.

Plus, I'm not being given fanservice like episode 1, highly disappointed. /s

Mahou Shoujo Ore 01

9ua2uAJ.jpg

Wants to be an idol has a crush on childhood friend's older brother who is also an idol. One day, a yakuza comes knocking at her door and reveals that her mother used to be a magical girl. Demons appears so its up to the wants to be an idol to protect her love interest who just been kidnapped by said demons by becoming a magical girl?

This is definitely something. Something amazing? Probably.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I love fluidity but some of the lines looked out of place for like two episodes and thought that was the nail in the coffin for the series.

Plus, I'm not being given fanservice like episode 1, highly disappointed. /s

Yeah, i can see that. But don't worry, later episode is more consistent and more fluid.
Man, you're missing out some 4th dimensional fanservice in later episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom