• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, the Soma anime started. Its on Crunchyroll already.

dumbyugi

There are only 2 ways that the main plot of Nisekoi can really move foward, someone confesses or the locket gets opened, and both of them would mean the series would be ending or in it's final arc. If Komi wants to keep the series going as long as they can because it's earning them money then it will be pushed aside as long as possible. Hayate the Combat Buttler has the same problem, though in that case it's really more of a gag series so it's not that big a deal.

There are only 2 ways that the main plot of Nisekoi can really move foward, someone confesses or the locket gets opened, and both of them would mean the series would be ending or in it's final arc. If Komi wants to keep the series going as long as they can because it's earning them money then it will be pushed aside as long as possible. Hayate the Combat Buttler has the same problem, though in that case it's really more of a gag series so it's not that big a deal.

Yep, I'm much more forgiving towards Hayate since I consider it a gag manga first and a romance second.

Fox318

they could just keep on adding girls

Stulaw

The thing is, I'm addicted to Nisekoi for no good reason other than to find out what happens next, not that it's any good, but I guess it could last a while since it's technically, in its own timeline, about half way through.

Hayate is good with or without a plot, it's like Gintama except it's not in Shounen Jump.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao they made the Soma anime so hilariously dramatic. Like that first chapter foodgasm is insane.
KuGsj.gif

lmao they made the Soma anime so hilariously dramatic. Like that first chapter foodgasm is insane.
KuGsj.gif

The foodgasm at the end is so over the top it's just hilarious now. I mean it was always funny but something about seeing people shoot meat juice out of their privates has crossed a line somewhere.

Here is the Soma Anime OT If there is interest I might do an Ore Monogatari!! one as well.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this but Yuri Kuma Arashi and Senran Kagura have OTs so FUCK IT

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
The foodgasm at the end is so over the top it's just hilarious now. I mean it was always funny but something about seeing people shoot meat juice out of their privates has crossed a line somewhere.

Here is the Soma Anime OT If there is interest I might do an Ore Monogatari!! one as well.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this but Yuri Kuma Arashi and Senran Kagura have OTs so FUCK IT

Definitely do an Ore Monogatari one! More people need to notice it!

Quasar

The thing is, I'm addicted to Nisekoi for no good reason other than to find out what happens next, not that it's any good, but I guess it could last a while since it's technically, in its own timeline, about half way through.

I'm entertained. But man, if the next chapter is the pendant and key thrown out in the trash and never found, that would be well probably amazing from the pov of this thread.

And I guess one way though avoid the answer forever.

Quasar

There are only 2 ways that the main plot of Nisekoi can really move foward, someone confesses or the locket gets opened, and both of them would mean the series would be ending or in it's final arc. If Komi wants to keep the series going as long as they can because it's earning them money then it will be pushed aside as long as possible.

I duuno. Just have nothing inside the locket and all the keys not work. Problem solved.

Lain

There were apparently the following:

Anno Moyoco (in The Yoshiwara: Its Mythological Roots, its Residents, and its Legacy - Yoshiwara refers to an Edo-era brothel district in Tokyo)
Nananan Kiriko (in Yuri Manga and Depictions of Lesbian Relationships)
Sakurazawa Erica (in Yuri Manga and Depictions of Lesbian Relationships)
est em (in Yaoi Manga and Other Sexualized Depictions of Men)

I didn't recognize any of them, so I didn't take any note of it at the time, but some of the art displayed was quite good.

You guys are in luck, because the whole exhibit is featured here on their website along with two other exhibits on erotic Japanese art. (Really not safe for work!)

You didn't recognize Moyoco Anno? I'm disappointed now.

watching the Soma anime and seeing some characters in motion

I just can't help but think Erina's hair makes her head look like a crab

I mean those side antennas

Stulaw

I'm guessing best girl (Megumi) will be introduced at the end of the next episode.

Anyway.

The Breaker: New Waves 197

Yeah, this is definitely getting a part 3, some of the important characters from New Waves are gone, and it looks like Chun-Woo actually cares about Shi-Woon after all
like that's a shock to anyone.
I guess part 3 will be the final part.

El Sloth

Banned
Down at the Honolulu Museum of Art, there was an exhibit called Modern Love: 20th Century Japanese Erotic Art, which featured a section on ero-guro manga, because of course it did.

The segment starred none other than macabre genius and master of the form Suehiro Maruo, so I had to share its existence with you all.

I took a picture of the exhibit itself, but it's lewdness extends beyond the bounds of neoGAF. There were also segments on YAOI and YURI which I did not photograph, because boring, but know that manga has a spot in the high art world. A perverted and disturbing spot sometimes, perhaps, but a spot nonetheless.

No, I don't know why they repeatedly italicized the word "manga."
Glad that I can now claim I am enculturing myself when reading Prison School

Zweizer

Banned
There were apparently the following:

Anno Moyoco (in The Yoshiwara: Its Mythological Roots, its Residents, and its Legacy - Yoshiwara refers to an Edo-era brothel district in Tokyo)
Nananan Kiriko (in Yuri Manga and Depictions of Lesbian Relationships)
Sakurazawa Erica (in Yuri Manga and Depictions of Lesbian Relationships)
est em (in Yaoi Manga and Other Sexualized Depictions of Men)

I didn't recognize any of them, so I didn't take any note of it at the time, but some of the art displayed was quite good.

You guys are in luck, because the whole exhibit is featured here on their website along with two other exhibits on erotic Japanese art. (Really not safe for work!)

Thanks for the link! There aren't as many mangaka as I thought, but I like how it features a fair amount of female authors, as I feel they generally tend to not get enough recognition. I was surprised to see Takemiya Jin in the video podcast, but considering how prolific she's been it's well deserved. A pretty nice exhibit overall, though far more oriented towards the history of the different genres than I expected.

meat best design

she'll never get anywhere tho

ヽ(´ ー `)ノ

Nikumi most delicious girl~

Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo - Danganronpa Another Episode 01-02

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

upupupupupu~

random25

Nisekoi 165

It's cute, but...it feels like I'm seeing how the next chap will unfold. Lol

Denpa Kyoushi 128

Cliffhanger! But it is known who is the more badass sensei anyway.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nisekoi is a sin and all of you know it. Soma is where its at with life.

From the magazine that brought you Hajime no Ippo, Ahiru no Sora, Baby Steps, Days and Knight in The Area comes the next great sports manga. Pinkyuu, the table tennis manga we desrve.

I don't know if I should take this seriously but hell, I've read almost every bad sports manga there is to date. Lets see how this one fares!

Heysoos

Shokugeki no Soma - 1-14

Megumi is adorable. Best girl. Quite enjoying this, should have picked it up sooner.

edit:

A new challenger appears!

y58U7BFl.png

Lain

The Angel of Elhamburg
CYrb.jpg

I don't remember why I had this preordered. I'll have to go with liking the cover enough to do it, because I don't think I've read other works of this author.

At certain points the story felt like a "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" kind of tale and how that type of thought can vary based on the point of view of different individuals.
I did especially like that, while the story had some dramatic bits here and there, it never went all out. Like with Lalvan, showing him having some... low (can't think of a better fitting word atm) thoughts about Madeth and his own condition but he never lowered himself to turn those kind of thoughts into something more than that. It made him feel both somewhat more real and understandable, as well as more likable.

All in all it was a nice read, nothing outstanding but with a certain subtlety to its themes or at least the way the author presented them. It also had a nice edition, though 18$ for one manga still feels a bit like a rip-off.

Yeah, this is definitely getting a part 3, some of the important characters from New Waves are gone, and it looks like Chun-Woo actually cares about Shi-Woon after all
like that's a shock to anyone.
I guess part 3 will be the final part.

I wonder. He'll probably give us a hint as to what the tiny white-haired girl can do before moving on to part 3. Plus gotta tease zombie brunette love interest again.

What is 9AD going to do in the future?
It's clear Kaiser and the illuminati is against him and he can't go back to the Martial Arts alliance.
He'll go back to Kaiser. 9AD don't care. 9AD don't give a fuck.

Kingdom 51-82
Bird of Qin stays winning.
Expected a bit more from El Sei's past. Welp.

Jintor

Huh, I really liked Nanatsu no whatever when I started it yonks ago, but I just flicked through chapter 1 quickly and while I still think it's interesting and pretty good looking it doesn't have that appeal it had initially.

Maybe my tastes changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom