• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Houkagou Play R Trpg arc
This TRPG is intense.
And boy, that intense couple moment
sweat.jpg

Jitsu Wa watashi wa 75

Just act normal boys and girls!

Stulaw

Ana Satsujin caught up

Well, he's going to die, along with the police officer it seems, or maybe 80% psychic glasses girl. Or we could be coming to the finally and everyone dies, except the MC.

Arachnid 48
bw7hGOb.png
If this is a trigger for Alice to become less of a house spider and more of a mouse spider then I'm totally on-board with it. I preferred her at the series' outset when she had a bit more venom to her. And the ant was long overdue for a good smacking, so satisfying chapter all-round.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 75

This is the second time Akane has almost summoned some kind of Old God Lavos-thing and destroyed the world

Houkago Play 54-58

omg i was so happy when I saw this pop up. I hardly remember anything but this is lewder then I remembered.

I appreciate the in depthness of the system of this RPG they devised, lol.

Reknoc

One Piece 782

Kind of already done the Trebol thing with the cat brothers from the Kuro arc. Only Trebol is much grosser.

Usobuko

Banned
Kakukaku Shikajika Chapter 29-30

Won't be wrong to say I can empathize with what's she feeling. There will always be this lingering gulit of being selfish and put yourself at the first priority in spite of someone who had terminal illness. The chance she willingly thrown away before is never going to come back.

Great manga.

Jintor

A brief question regarding S-class hero King in One Punch Man.

I can't tell if he literally has ZERO powers or there is an implication there that he has some kind of shockwave yelling power that only manifests when he closes his eyes and cries out in terror. I haven't read the most recent arc yet I think, just the first one centering on King.

I can't tell if he literally has ZERO powers or there is an implication there that he has some kind of shockwave yelling power that only manifests when he closes his eyes and cries out in terror. I haven't read the most recent arc yet I think, just the first one centering on King.

his power is luck

wonzo

Banned

nah he just has the world's greatest pokerface and loudest heartbeat

Jintor

I don't know if i like that more or less. it's certainly amusing though.

OPM rules, best long-running series I've read in months.

his power is
unintended intimidation and extreme bad/good luck

Jintor

Is his
luck an explicit power explained later? Cos given OPM's general universe stuff just happening just seems like... stuff just happening.

Gotta read more

Cwarrior

Aizen and his glorious chair 622

So Aizen trolls everyone and the reader while sitting in his high quality chair.

This is even better then in my wildest imagination ...we must be all trapped in Aizen kyoka suigetsu again.

Draxal

Is his
luck an explicit power explained later? Cos given OPM's general universe stuff just happening just seems like... stuff just happening.

Gotta read more

The author has another series going on but it's using his web artstyle (which I don't mind at all, but others do).

Ore Monogatari seems to have some fans

Oda:
CBVFdMnUwAAdBHZ.jpg:large

Yukimura (Vinland Saga)
CBVFZPaVAAEtyQA.jpg:large

Hanazawa(Boys on the run)
CBVFvpbUIAATWwn.jpg:large

Suetsugu(Chihayafuru)
CBVFncHUwAAxRJa.jpg:large

Tachibana and Sasuga of Terraformars (warning: hilarious)
CBVF6AtU8AA6VKJ.jpg:large

There were others but I couldn't find their pictures

hype for the anime

Kurita

Now I''m curious to see what the hype is about with Ore Monogatari.
Guess I'll watch it in anime form when it comes out.
It simply is the best romantic comedy right now.

French publisher Glénat tweeted that negociations are open for One Punch Man, and we'll know who gets the rights in France soon. Hype

kasane

france stay winning.

on other news local bookstore got jojo and even though i already have it from amazon i bought it for w/e reason

Zweizer

Banned
Ore Monogatari seems to have some fans

There were others but I couldn't find their pictures

hype for the anime

I really ought to get to reading this.

It simply is the best romantic comedy right now.

French publisher Glénat tweeted that negociations are open for One Punch Man, and we'll know who gets the rights in France soon. Hype

Yay! I wonder why it's taking so long though. Complications due to its origin as a webcomic?

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 139
Goddamn, just when it looked like she was about to get something resembling a break. Being Kazumi is suffering. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that could make me root for Neko in this whole mess. Maybe if she went back to her EX personality full-time.

Zweizer

Banned
Down at the Honolulu Museum of Art, there was an exhibit called Modern Love: 20th Century Japanese Erotic Art, which featured a section on ero-guro manga, because of course it did.

The segment starred none other than macabre genius and master of the form Suehiro Maruo, so I had to share its existence with you all.

I took a picture of the exhibit itself, but it's lewdness extends beyond the bounds of neoGAF. There were also segments on YAOI and YURI which I did not photograph, because boring, but know that manga has a spot in the high art world. A perverted and disturbing spot sometimes, perhaps, but a spot nonetheless.

No, I don't know why they repeatedly italicized the word "manga."

Sounds like a fun exhibit! Maruo is the perfect choice for the subject.

Were there other artists that got featured?

Jintor

Damnit why couldn't it be somewhere accessible

like Osaka

by the way, if you're ever in Kyoto, the Manga Museum is a decent place but kinda rubbish if you can't actually read/speak Japanese. It's to be expected, but...

Lain

Down at the Honolulu Museum of Art, there was an exhibit called Modern Love: 20th Century Japanese Erotic Art, which featured a section on ero-guro manga, because of course it did.

The segment starred none other than macabre genius and master of the form Suehiro Maruo, so I had to share its existence with you all.

I took a picture of the exhibit itself, but it's lewdness extends beyond the bounds of neoGAF. There were also segments on YAOI and YURI which I did not photograph, because boring, but know that manga has a spot in the high art world. A perverted and disturbing spot sometimes, perhaps, but a spot nonetheless.

No, I don't know why they repeatedly italicized the word "manga."

Must have been a very interesting exhibit. Maruo is good at what he does.

----------

Two days ago I made my usual order of manga and threw in the order the Obata artbook Blanc et Noir, half regretting it because it's a 71€ book.
Today I received it and I was pleasantly surprised by how big it was. Price is still outrageous but I can regret the purchase a bit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom