• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also
that last arc is kinda edging this theory nearer to being legit since it was happening to the "big bad" as well as he was surpassing his limits due to the bullshit he placed/got himself into and instead of succumbing he got way stronger/faster/etc. Hell he reached to a point where he started mopping the floor with almost everyone else in the organization.

I'm starting to think their power is link to their ambition. There was a guy who did air boxing and he turned into an boxing monster. Saitama wants to defeat anything with one punch and he probably could.

Even though I like Dragon's Rioting, how the hell did it get a physical release while Handa-Kun didn't? Did Barakamon not sell enough for Yen Press?

Vito

Banned
For smut gaf, unless someone already posted it.

CBwiMv2VEAEl1Yg.png:orig

Shen de Wanju—THE WORLD— 0
God #32049 and an angel go Tom and Jerry on each-other, and destroy the world in the process. It's a shame this is only the prologue for something loosely related (judging from the synopsis), since it was a good laugh and I think I'd rather see it expanded upon. Still, I'll give the main story a chance.

Atashi, Kiss Shita.

Cute one shot between childhood friends and the girl wishing for them to be more than friends.

Kudos for her to take the first step~

Enthus

I don't read any manga besides Vinland Saga, but anyone who is a fan of that should pick up the two volumes Kodansha just announced. I don't want this to be cancelled again :(

I mean, yes, I remember that panel (seeing the LEGIT SHOOK faces again is hilarious). I'm just trying to figure out if Saitama is that strong because "reasons" or if it actually thematically ties into the larger narrative of the story (again see Spiral Power in Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann as an example). Dedication, pushing past one's own limits, how you can block your own progress more than anyone else, what it means to be a hero and why, etc. are themes that consistently bear themselves over the course of the story even in the midst of the jokes and alien invasions. I'm trying to figure out if the manga is telling me something and if/when they reveal his "secret" it will be the type of thing you could have figured out if you were paying attention to the story because the themes had been running as an undercurrent this whole time.

Basically, "how far does the rabbit hole go" is what I'm trying to figure out and as I see it now, it could go either way.

I haven't looked at some of the spoiler bars but given there is some discussion going on, it seems there indeed may be more than meets the eye with regards to Saitama's power :)

One hopes that there isn't, or that it's never properly explained. One of the best bits written so far.

Otherwise it's bound to be the standard "push past your limits" crap that nearly every single damn manga employs.

360pages

Maybe Pirate warriors 3 should have did the What if Story mode like Pirate Warriors 3. The Warriors gameplay is clearly not set up to support the story of One Piece like a fight game would. Plus the budget was obviously smaller so a lot of awesome scenes come off as awkward compared to the Manga/Anime.

Also, started reading Choujin Gaken, it's pretty good. Though the fast pace of it all might be points against it since things seem to happen rather quickly.

Sai

Tokyo Ghoul (END)

Being Kaneki is suffering.

Things got crazy at the end there. Did Hide really become Kaneki's snack? That'd be too messed up. :(

Gonna run through Jack real quick then get started on Tokyo Ghoul:Re

Koi to Kaerou 5 - End

Great BL on returning to the hometown trying to confess love and also balance it with your job abroad. I loved these final chapters involving Kyouya and Motoharu's relationship. Really good location and good characters.

Bonus chapter was hilarious with the two workers in the company and their secret.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Metroid got banned, not cool at all D:

NICE BOAT is serious business

Re:life 1-19

So, a 27 y.o dude receive job offer that require him to go back to Highschool for one year. There's going to be an anime adaptation of this one, so i decide to check this out.
So far it's good. And this will totally going to be who is the best waifu.

scrolling through this thread in order to find some series to read and man there are a ton of people who got banned (not in this thread) but for something

I hope it is just temporary seeing as they posted a lot here..... R.I.P

Usobuko

Banned
Metroid got banned, not cool at all D:
One that sinks people's hopes and dreams.😌

For what it's worth, I like the insert theme of School Day last episode.

School Day's as a trollish recommendation is unfortunate because it would be much more interesting if someone actually likes it and is able to express himself eloquently on that subject. Of course, not by being a contrarian for contrary sake.

Kurita

School Days... Still remember a neckbeard doing a presentation about it in class saying it was a GOAT anime.
Jesus.

Nightbird

Ginga Patrol Jako 1 - 12 [End]

So the Reason Goku survived, was because Jako peed on a Girl? This is so random.

I enjoyed Jako a lot. Even though i wished it could have been longer, i won't deny that 12 Chapters have been more than enough to etablish this Character and it's importance for Dragonball Universe.

Go and read it if you enjoy Dragonball, especially the last chapters bring in a ton of additional info

Green Worldz 1-68

Yay. Found another survival manga set in the post apocalyptic world! Lots of exaggerating powers coming out of nowhere but whatever. It's pretty enjoyable if you don't try and apply logic and reason to it.

Kurita

really

how was it and how the fuck did he justify it being GOAT

im actually laughing thinking about it

Wait wat. I only read the Manga, but if the Anime is not too far off, then how the fuck did he justified this?
"It depicts complex relationships"
"It is kind of dark despite taking place in school"
"It has a tragic ending"
"It is a really mature anime"

Maybe it was an elaborate troll but I'm afraid he was serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom