• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

"It depicts complex relationships"
"It is kind of dark despite taking place in school"
"It has a tragic ending"
"It is a really mature anime"

Maybe it was an elaborate troll but I'm afraid he was serious.

Tell me he was like 14 when that happend, because that sounds like the reasons a 14 y.o. would give. >.>

Edit: SHIT.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
For what it's worth, I like the insert theme of School Day last episode.

School Day's as a trollish recommendation is unfortunate because it would be much more interesting if someone actually likes it and is able to express himself eloquently on that subject. Of course, not by being a contrarian for contrary sake.

And it does have schocking ending. I don't think recommending School Day is as trollish as say, recommending Boku no pico or hot house (though i really did think that Hot house is entertaining).

School Days... Still remember a neckbeard doing a presentation about it in class saying it was a GOAT anime.
Jesus.

Man, that's gotta be cringe worthy.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Minamoto-kun Monogatari so far up to chapter 130.

Ya know, from reading people's response to this in the past it'd seem like the MC is the most unfortunate guy ever.

And yet so far he's been like fondling and caressing and kissing and making out with scores of beautiful girls. Not to mention living with a gorgeous lady who doesn't even care when he took a bath with her or sucked her boobies.

Man, the way the MC think himself like he's the most unfortunate dude ever is hilarious.

Zweizer

Banned
Ya plebeians just can't appreciate the beautiful friendship and the values of looking past the appearances displayed in Hot House.

¯\_(´ ~ ` ) ー3

random25

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 66

Side characters should really be the MCs here. Jeez. Poor MCs.

Senakagurashi 8

Budding romance.

Shokugeki no Soma 113

Shinomiya's soft side. Nice to see.

dani_dc

Well apparently a store in Akihabara is doing an event called "Mizuryukei Land", which will be inspired on the fictional park from a manga work by Mizuryu Kei (a big NSFW for anyone googling this one, though I'll assume some people here know the author) including a talk with the artist himself.

I'm so confused about what the actual event will entail.

upandaway

Well apparently a store in Akihabara is doing an event called "Mizuryukei Land", which will be inspired on the fictional park from a manga work by Mizuryu Kei (a big NSFW for anyone googling this one, though I'll assume some people here know the author) including a talk with the artist himself.

A-are you going to go

Zweizer

Banned

Are they gonna host a real-ish Mizuryukei Land?? Holy shit.

Are you gonna go there?

dani_dc

A-are you going to go

Are they gonna host a real-ish Mizuryukei Land?? Holy shit.

Are you gonna go there?

I have my doubts they'll actually go that far... but who knows.

According to a friend of mine there's a poster that lists:
-Talk show with Mizuryu Kei himself
-Some kind of "pervert contest" <- I must know what this is
-Erotic costume rental <- not the type of costumes I'd rent...
-Doujin sales
-Photos <- of what?
-etc. <- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

I'd be lying if I said I'm not super curious about what the hell this is, but not 2500 yens curious.

Plus I imagine most of the people going there will be people of the wrong gender.

Shengar

Why Mizuryu Kei of all people smh

Zweizer

Banned
I have my doubts they'll actually go that far... but who knows.

According to a friend of mine there's a poster that lists:
-Talk show with Mizuryu Kei himself
-Some kind of "pervert contest" <- I must know what this is
-Erotic costume rental <- not the type of costumes I'd rent...
-Doujin sales
-Photos <- of what?
-etc. <- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

I'd be lying if I said I'm not super curious about what the hell this is, but not 2500 yens curious.

Plus I imagine most of the people going there will be people of the wrong gender.

That sounds very interesting. If I were in your shoes, I'd go, just for the, erm, experience.

Should've been ShindoL.

Lain

Please go and get me an autograph or something! I love Mizuryu Kei XD

Lain

Fans of the various Souma family stuff.

Art or content?

A bit of both.
Mizuryu Kei fails in the feet art department (but seems like latest works are a bit better in that aspect) and there are better artists out there, but his love for depicting slutty sluts with the way he draws them is like a perfect combination for me.

LOLOLOLOOOL

His/Her Sailor Moon books were pretty dope though :p

Shengar

Should've been ShindoL.
67d90ee7.gif

A bit of both.
Mizuryu Kei fails in the feet art department (but seems like latest works are a bit better in that aspect) and there are better artists out there, but his love for depicting slutty sluts with the way he draws them is like a perfect combination for me.

His girl are so slut it's not even funny.
A bit too much if you ask me.

dani_dc

I love how well versed MangaGAF is on this subject.

That sounds very interesting. If I were in your shoes, I'd go, just for the, erm, experience.
You guys are sure making a persuasive argument about it.

What's the worst that can happen?

...I really don't want to imagine.
Should've been ShindoL.
"Freakish cow-girl slaughter house" doesn't quite has the same ring to it.

Maybe they'll have some other events with other authors at later points of time.

Please go and get me an autograph or something! I love Mizuryu Kei XD

I'll be sure to try and get one if I go, then I can put his autograph right next to Kiyohiko Azuma one.

Lain

His girl are so slut it's not even funny.
A bit too much if you ask me.

The interesting thing about them, for me, is that they know they are and they are fine with it. In most of his works these girls are taking the initiative, they are the ones fucking the men and using them as they please. It's all about their own pleasure. Plus the themes are always so over the top, like the Valentine's day stuff in which girls don't give chocolates but fucks. I dunno, it's pretty hilarious and interesting all at the same time.

LeleSocho

Banned
Ewwwwwwww Mizuryu Kei dem soulless eyes and weird bodies, for me it's a no-no.
Also you guys really read weird and lewd stuff.

---

Getting banned for some School Days trolling is a bit too much imho.

dani_dc

The interesting thing about them, for me, is that they know they are and they are fine with it. In most of his works these girls are taking the initiative, they are the ones fucking the men and using them as they please. It's all about their own pleasure. Plus the themes are always so over the top, like the Valentine's day stuff in which girls don't give chocolates but fucks. I dunno, it's pretty hilarious and interesting all at the same time.

So essentially you're saying that he's a progressive artist?

Usobuko

Banned
Also you guys really read weird and lewd stuff.

There's a reason why we all like Hinamatsuri.

I don't read any manga besides Vinland Saga, but anyone who is a fan of that should pick up the two volumes Kodansha just announced. I don't want this to be cancelled again :(

Is Vinland available digitally? I'm done with physical verison.

Some day I will show all the Seo fans here my 2003 copy of Cross Over.

Usobuko

Banned
Do you plan to throw it into a fire?

Nah, I'm too lazy for that.

I have the full volume 1-7, it actually one of my better preserved manga because it was kept inside a drawer I rarely open for the past decade. All my other manga on my 2 book shelf was donated to salvation army because of their deteriorated condition and I can't stand the smell coming out of it.

I have a slight OCD when it comes to cleanliness and I rather not deal with all the work to manage a collection.

As for one thank you for allowing us to get Suzuka and KNIM.

RsAhT4T.png

You're welcome.

Turok_TTZ

that is obe weird, cringy thread on gaming side.

When is the next AoT chapter?
No UQ Holder! Updates making me annoyed and bothered.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 24

Fucking Urie, man. He's going to fuck this up somehow.

Looks like
Takizawa
might be beyond saving. :(

Shengar

Maybe they'll have some other events with other authors at later points of time.
Tell me later when they have an event with 2Go or Kizuki Aruchu

I'm into this stuff too, but Kei's very exaggerated on the lusty part that it makes me feel uneasy reading his work.

Same face, same face everywhere!

I wonder if there is any ero mangaka at all that doesn't fall into sameface syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom