• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i'm 10 000 years too late but...

bCIGEDT.png

Jesus. Christ.

A match so intense that it literally went full JoJo. Definitely my favorite food-off in the series.

Tado's a fun protagonist, because her matches are so intense. Her matches tend to go either way, and they're filled with tension. Really expecting great things from her.

For some reason, this was the pic that finally made me realize that them Persona games are based on JoJo.

Usobuko

Banned
AssClass 134

I dislike all these tragic backstory that has been done to death in this medium. It's a flat characterization as far as I'm concerned.

Dresden

Friends, it's time to perhaps tone down the open discussion of 'scanlations' (I know not what this is, save that it sounds illegal, gozaimasu).

tokyo ghoul re 24

omg urie is such a little punk ass bitch, someone needs to put him in his place. when did we learn that hinami was triple blades though?

also, if I was going to read ONE's OPM, what chapter should i start with considering I've already caught up to Murata's OPM?

somedevil

tokyo ghoul re 24

omg urie is such a little punk ass bitch, someone needs to put him in his place. when did we learn that hinami was triple blades though?

also, if I was going to read ONE's OPM, what chapter should i start with considering I've already caught up to Murata's OPM?

Start with chapter 50.

Quasar

Nana to Kaoru 127 - Liked this chapter. A Nana and Kaoru chapter (kind of). I really do want to know what happens after graduation.

Quasar

Genshiken Nidaime 110

Finally, a decent heart-to-heart between Madarame and Hato, with the latter confronting the differences between his fantasies and reality, and then seemingly bowing out of this whole harem situation. Or at least that seemed to be the case until the chapter ends with the standard "trip and push someone onto the bed".

Goddamn.

It was good up until that point.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I know i'm 10 000 years too late but...

http://i.imgur.com/bCIGEDT.png[/i]mg]

Jesus. [I]Christ.[/I]

A match so intense that it literally went full [B]JoJo[/B]. Definitely my favorite food-off in the series.

Tado's a fun protagonist, because her matches are so intense. Her matches tend to go either way, and they're filled with tension. Really expecting great things from her.[/QUOTE]

Jojo makes everything better!

[quote="PK Gaming, post: 158970130"]What's the joke behind Hisako's "Hishoko" nickname and jesus christ did just fucking decapitate a live turtle[/QUOTE]

Hishoko=secretary, and since Jump mangaka love their pun....

[quote="Droplet, post: 158982196"][B]AssClass 134[/B]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gYo5Snr.png?1[img]

is this a joke[/QUOTE]

LOL

tokyo ghoul re 24

Hinami has 2 Kagunes, the one with 3 blades is Miza a new Aogiri member that was introduced with Naki.

Robotics;Notes - Senomiya Misaki no Mihappyou Shuki 01-02

vfcDWVsl.png

The story about robot building was really boring.
The story about robot building was slightly less boring.
So let's hope the story about the past would be any better!

So far it's been a teenage girl and her first love so already better!

rrvv

AssClass 134

I dislike all these tragic backstory that has been done to death in this medium. It's a flat characterization as far as I'm concerned.

I actually why his backstory is too similar with Irina. Well at least it was short thought

360pages

AssClass 134

It kind of reminds me of One Piece, but I think it does it far worse compared to One Piece with far less imaginative sadness

why are people talking about Hinami then. Is she even there? did i miss something lol.

In the beginning of the chapter when one of the Aogiri members calls out the name Master Yotasume whom is Hinami. Which is probably her code name for Aogiri. Anyways she's gonna go back up Naki considering he's in a dire situation. So she's probably gonna end up fighting Akira who's weilding the Kagune of Hinami's father.

Squishy3

Hajime No Ippo 1089-1091

I can't wait to see these chapters animated in 20 years, since there's roughly 550 chapters that haven't been adapted yet. :p

The Voynich Hotel 68

A pretty subtle ending to such a great series. This definitely warrants a reread some day far into the future so I can catch everything again.

Question for Manga Gaf:

have you guys ever started a manga series halfway through? or in some extreme cases even started a series on the latest chapter, disregarding the beginning and able to keep up?

I've done this a couple of times already (HXH ant arc, haven't gone back to read any previous arcs, Ippo vs Woolie in Hajime no ippo, heck even Skypeia in One Piece). I love Baki the grappler, even though i started on the 2nd season of the manga (right after he won vs Jack).

just catching the tidbits enough who is who and why this is like this.

Puruzi

Banned
Question for Manga Gaf:

have you guys ever started a manga series halfway through? or in some extreme cases even started a series on the latest chapter, disregarding the beginning and able to keep up?

I've done this a couple of times already (HXH ant arc, haven't gone back to read any previous arcs, Ippo vs Woolie in Hajime no ippo, heck even Skypeia in One Piece). I love Baki the grappler, even though i started on the 2nd season of the manga (right after he won vs Jack).

I did that for like, the last 100 chaps of Naruto.
I had stopped reading after Pain and just decided to jump back in.

Turok_TTZ

Friends, it's time to perhaps tone down the open discussion of 'scanlations' (I know not what this is, save that it sounds illegal, gozaimasu).

...is this about my discussion with God's Beard (weeks ago) or am I missing something here?

Would like some examples as I am not fully understanding what you mean.

dani_dc

The Legend of Koizumi

Why oh why did i ever drop this?

How far are you?

It really drops the ball after
Koizumi defeats Hitler and gets stranded on the moon and the series starts dibbling on Japan politicians instead of Super Arians, it really feels like the manga progression went backwards.

Will be waiting for your coverage.

I'm still unsure about paying 2500 yen to go this thing, it will either be extremely disappointing or life scarring.

Question for Manga Gaf:

I sometimes read random chapters of Fairy Tail, but that's about it.
I never feel like I need much context to understand what's going on with that.

In the beginning of the chapter when one of the Aogiri members calls out the name Master Yotasume whom is Hinami. Which is probably her code name for Aogiri. Anyways she's gonna go back up Naki considering he's in a dire situation. So she's probably gonna end up fighting Akira who's weilding the Kagune of Hinami's father.

ok thanks

Question for Manga Gaf:

I don't do this personally

but go back and read hunter x hunter from the beginning if you can. Or just read the Yorkshin Arc, which is almost as good as the Chimera Ant arc.

Furyous

Question for Manga Gaf:

have you guys ever started a manga series halfway through? or in some extreme cases even started a series on the latest chapter, disregarding the beginning and able to keep up

I took it to the extreme for Cavalier of the Abyss and The Breaker. Fucked around got midway through each series then took five days off and read through both previous series. This scenario happens more often than not because it's necessary to have a steady extensive manga library.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Assassination Classroom

The "ultimate badass guy gets soft due to the influence of kind-hearted and/or innocent women" trope is so tired.

Well... let see how it goes. Also, the world of Assassination Classroom seem so bleak and shitty, damn.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Question for Manga Gaf:

Ive done it often when Ive seen the parts that have been adapted in anime form.

Squishy3

Question for Manga Gaf:

I started reading Ippo promptly after finishing the first series, movie, and OVA.

As for reading the latest chapter, I read the timeskip chapter of One Piece when it first happened without knowing why it happened, and knowing some vague details of the plot, because I had watched the anime up to Skypiea and stopped watching there, but didn't know anything about The War of The Best, or the actual setup for Enies Lobby, or anything like that.

I enjoyed the timeskip so much I went and read through everything in like a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom