• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

UQ Holder returned so I do not mind Oda taking break.

Kubo dares take time from Aizen? This fucking guy.

Gear 4... This will get interesting. What more could he do with body of rubber?

• 01. Gintama 537 (Cover & Openingpages)
  • 02. Assassination Classroom 135
  • 03. One Piece 783
  • 04. Black Clover 9
  • 05. Haikyū!! 153
  • 06. My Hero Academia 38
  • 07. Shokugeki no Souma 114 (Colourpage)
  • 08. Kagamigami 10
  • 09. The Disaster of PSI Kusui Saiki 143
  • 10. Hinomaru Zumou 44
  • 11. Nisekoi 166
  • 12. Blood Blockade Battlefront (Specialchapter, Colourpage)
  • 13. Ultra Battle Satellite 7
  • 14. Soccer One Shot from Shiibashi Hiroshi (Illegal Rare, Colourpage)
  • 15. World Trigger 99
  • 16. Bleach 623
  • 17. Kochikame
  • 18. Cyborg Roggy 8
  • 19. Takujou no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha 20
  • 20. Gakkyuu Houtei: School Judgement 18
  • 21. The Story of Isobe Isobee

Next Issue (#21-22):
Cover and Openingpages for: Nisekoi
Colour Pages for: Haikyu!!, Kagamigami

- No One Piece

Sad News for One Piece Fans: Due the next Issue being a Double Issue, this means that Chapter 784 will be released in 3 Weeks!
Grand Ultimate Move, the soccer oneshot was last week's issue brah.

Revo

Bleach 623

11iDG2S.jpg

Highlight of the chapter.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Its almost impossible to keep up with 3 threads, especially when busy. Someone pls tell me the stuff that has gone down! I need romancu! I need confusion and growth from the character! ARGH

44. *,*21,125 *,819,158 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.1
12. *,*80,978 *,697,661 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.2

So Re is gonna get a anime adaption by Pierrot. They are gonna milk this like there's no tomorrow.

RIP me.😑

Its almost impossible to keep up with 3 threads, especially when busy. Someone pls tell me the stuff that has gone down! I need romancu! I need confusion and growth from the character! ARGH

That new Avatar though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

like the number 4 in spanish? i must be missing something. gotta catch up on minamoto. also, turok usually talks about this manga but since i lost all my tabs on it, its impossible to find again for me ;_;

Question, what's the manga with that guy whos trying to get a girlfriend while he's a rich kid in high school? i think its something among the lines in japanese of why i cant get a girlfriend? spoiler for those who have read it:
it has a part where his childhood friend confesses to him and he rejects her, shes so nice and cute too ;_;

Your avatar is killing me

kurita pls

That new Avatar though.

Shit was going crazy this past weekend lol

Zweizer

Banned

We got a lenghty discussion about dani's incoming trip to MizuryuLand sponsored by Lain, as well as the fine art of hentai artists.

Shingeki 68[/B

6jVopY1.png

No Eren, whining at how weak and pathetic you are and hitting yourself for it isn't character development, because whining about your whininess is also whiny, and the whole "punching yourself at random" is just stupid.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159478903]Oda doesn't know about breaks. Miura and Togashi know about some breaks.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

We bitch about it now but I'm much happier with Oda taking a week off every 7-8 weeks then going and then it suddenly going on hiatus without a date for it's return.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Bingo.

We bitch about it now but I'm much happier with Oda taking a week off every 7-8 weeks then going and then it suddenly going on hiatus without a date for it's return.

I agree completely. HxH and Berserk so painful T_T

I'm pretty sure Oda takes a break once a month though at least for awhile.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wonder if Oda got addicted to some video game

That seems to be how other mangaka falls

I bet its Youkai Watch

Are you completely forgetting what happened a couple years ago? That he worked so hard he put himself into the hospital?
These breaks are forced on him by Shueisha. If it were up to him, he would still be working.

LeleSocho

Banned
Let's speculate what Gear 4th could be... it has to be something related to rubber, vulcanization is a good one but it has been stolen by the haki already...
welp i really have no idea, what are the proprieties of rubber aside being elastic and shock resistant?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
God of Highschool 204

Dudes got wrecked. Mori Hui is a beast.

Let's speculate what Gear 4th could be... it has to be something related to rubber, vulcanization is a good one but it has been stolen by the haki already...
welp i really have no idea, what are the proprieties of rubber aside being elastic and shock resistant?

Maybe he gets so hot the rubber melts and he becomes a pseudo logia?
Joking really I have absolutely no idea what it could be

Vyktal

According to One Piece logic, biting into bone and blowing in air makes the bone expand. We can all get behind this. Oh, also bone full of air somehow becomes dense and gains incredible mass, granting Luffy "giant bone" powers as seen in 3rd Gear... this last absolute nonsense we all accept.

What if, he blew enough air into all his bones that he himself becomes a giant, but then uses haki and Gear 2nd to contract his muscles and shrink himself back to normal size. Now he's a hyper-dense, speeding bullet of a fighter with punches which have enough force to punch holes through anything. He could even have weird moves where he releases the haki on, say, his arm, and in an instant it expands becoming a giant arm to clobber a foe, and he can recontract it back in.

As much bullshit as the above might sound, it makes about as much sense as Gear 3rd.

One Piece

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

Attack on Titan

This feels like a spot for the second season anime to stop, maybe with a slight bit after it with Historia taking the throne which I assume will be the start of the next chapter.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159518092]I haven't read One Piece in forever, is the story still Bobobo-tier?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what "bobobo tier" entails

Tacitus_

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159518617]Random nonsense to disguise the fact that there's only one story arc repeated over and over like a giant madlib. Just enough quirkiness to make people think that conscious thought and creativity is being put into the development of the story.[/QUOTE]

Well, it still is shonen, so pretty much every arc ends with the crew challenging people while Luffy goes and fights the big bad. They've just been becoming longer and longer.

Lain

Pretty cool to see Blood Blockade Battlefront get featured like that.

Hopefully the anime will provide a nice boost to it.

I'll say that watching the first episode of the anime has had me interested in actually going and buying what's been released so far (well, in the upcoming months, anyways). On the other end, even the first episode of Seraph of the End has had the same power on me, but i nthat case, I first need for Seraph to get released.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159518617]Random nonsense to disguise the fact that there's only one story arc repeated over and over like a giant madlib. Just enough quirkiness to make people think that conscious thought and creativity is being put into the development of the story.[/QUOTE]

Well I can't say I've ever gotten that impression from the series so I would naturally say no.

But if that's what you've gotten out of the series, then I can't say for certain whether it's still written that way or not.

I'll say that watching the first episode of the anime has had me interested in actually going and buying what's been released so far (well, in the upcoming months, anyways). On the other end, even the first episode of Seraph of the End has had the same power on me, but i nthat case, I first need for Seraph to get released.

Maybe it just means you are easily swayed. ~_~

360pages

To be fair, One Piece is very much a series that you read to enjoy the adventure and see the different places the characters will grow. Outside of Luffy and maybe Usopp, most character's character development stop after their specific arc.

I don't think this is a bad way to tell a long adventure story. It's one of those things that if you are looking for a definite end, it could drag on. However One Piece has a kind of Comic Book Appeal that you like to see what happens and where these characters go.

Funny enough the current arc we're in is probably the most different arc than the others. (I will say that One Piece does suffer from, "Straw hats go to island/town suffering under X. They defeat X and said town learns Y and respects the Straw Hats" Ennis Lobby and Imprel Down/ Marineford did subvert this though.

Zweizer

Banned
Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari ch10

Fanservice galore! Kind of a shame that his relationship with Hime seems to have regressed to a one more typical of generic harem series.

E? Heibon Desu yo?? ch6

She's gettin' big-headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom