• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Flying Witch ch17

MC69WZJ.png

What a majestic whale.

Akagi ch236

What crazy luck.

Jintor

Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na! - Oyako Heroine Funtousu 1
So a retired superhero decide to return to the scene after finding that her daughter become a superhero as well. Lewdness ensue.
I mean seriously, villain organization name: Blowjob. Hero organization name: N.U.D.E
How the main antagonist introduced, coolly sit on a throne while three girls going xxx on her.

ALL

IN

Allaur

Flying Witch 1-17
Well, that was really something. My first thoughts was - "main heroine looks so cute, why then there is no "romance" tag?". But after some chapters it transformed in some form of "cute girls do cute things", so I'm totally ok with no romance now. Atmosphere here is so oozing... Definetely will reread it from beginning after some time.

5a1a10b850f8.jpg

What does the fox say?

Jintor

I believe canonically foxes say "HEIDI-HEIDI-HEIDI-HO" or "AWOOOOOOOOooOOoOoOoOOOOoooOOOOoO", among various other auto-tuned things.

Allaur

I believe canonically foxes say "HEIDI-HEIDI-HEIDI-HO" or "AWOOOOOOOOooOOoOoOoOOOOoooOOOOoO", among various other auto-tuned things.

That's a difficult topic) There is no any sound for it in my langauage.
But, for example, if we speak about frogs then in japanese there is a "gero", but for me it was always "qwa/kwa".

upandaway

Flying Witch 1-17
Well, that was really something. My first thoughts was - "main heroine looks so cute, why then there is no "romance" tag?". But after some chapters it transformed in some form of "cute girls do cute things", so I'm totally ok with no romance now. Atmosphere here is so oozing... Definetely will reread it from beginning after some time.

5a1a10b850f8.jpg

What does the fox say?
Glad you liked it. Flying Witch so nice

Allaur

Glad you liked it. Flying Witch so nice

I'm always in for some good recomendations) For now the only thing I didn't like from what I tried was "Petit-tan" (and I really enjoy Seitokai Yakuindomo anime) - feels slow and not so funny.

Will try Otoymegatari sometime soon. And then there is "Kengo Hanazawa manga" from which I begun reading only Boys on the Run.

dramatis

Weekly top 50.
*4. *,148,324 *,148,324 Nisekoi Vol.17
*5. *,144,657 *,144,657 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.12
*6. *,142,424 *,142,424 Toriko Vol.34
*7. *,141,197 *,141,197 Gintama Vol.58
Look at these best friends.

Ick at Nisekoi selling the best of the bunch though. Still, it's week one, I guess the following weeks will straighten them out.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 22

Well. That ended poorly. It's interesting to see that reality isn't quite so black and white.

captainpat

Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na! - Oyako Heroine Funtousu 1

A superheroine called Wonder Eighth and her Mum, the first generation Wonder Eighth, fight against a bad guy team called Blowjob. Also the good guy team is called N.U.D.E because who the fuck knows why? This is real fucking stupid but it seems just the right level of trashy for me. Seems it's by the author of Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Next Ultimate Defense Exports

Prison School 174 spoilers

Chiyo is worst girl confirmed.

How the hell will they escape this?

I'm not so hard on Chiyo as some of yall.

what did she do? she's not annoying. she's not an attention seeker. she likes sumo and provided some laughs. she's helpful and genuinely likes the boys. she fights injustice. the only annoyance is that she's the main love interest and plays the foil to the hana-hiyoshi plotline. but she's not like other characters that actively throws a wrench on the perverted situations, nor does she participate in a tug of war with other female characters over hiyoshi like in other series.

i am a hana supporter and am not a chiyo fan, but i don't actively dislike her.

she's a good girl!

Attack on Titan

Oh, okay...... she is the new Queen
Oh and Eren stop being a self centred idiot

Ore Monogatari Anime?!?!?!?

Huh why didn't I know that this was getting an anime until Today..... Plus the animation studio MadHouse is doing it

PK Gaming

Usamaru Furuya - Wsamarus 2001

one of the stories in that collection, a heartwarming and totally vanilla story of yuri love played straight with no twists or anything not yurikosher like that.

it's rather rough, one of his earlier works as you can probably tell by the art. But it's still pretty amusing.

Heh

Haha

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Well one ability is doping and the other is increased strength. We know 4th gear won't make him smarter (that's impossible) but maybe it can be something like vulcanized rubber? Rubber can also be sticky so that might be it too.

I feel like everyone's over-thinking it and whatever it is will be so simple that we'll be hitting ourselves for not thinking of it sooner.

Hm, that sounds plausible. It is probably something very simple or maybe an powered up version of his 2nd gear for all we know since now he can turn jet black.

#livingthrdream

Ore Monogatari!! Is a masterpiece I tell ya, a masterpiece!

Usobuko

Banned
With all the manga related posts I had seen from A Huge Battleship, I'm not surprised his favorite pokemon type is ghost. I always appreciate your posts because I think we have pretty different preferences but on some occasions, our taste converge.

Turok_TTZ

I'm not so hard on Chiyo as some of yall.

what did she do? she's not annoying. she's not an attention seeker. she likes sumo and provided some laughs. she's helpful and genuinely likes the boys. she fights injustice. the only annoyance is that she's the main love interest and plays the foil to the hana-hiyoshi plotline. but she's not like other characters that actively throws a wrench on the perverted situations, nor does she participate in a tug of war with other female characters over hiyoshi like in other series.

i am a hana supporter and am not a chiyo fan, but i don't actively dislike her.

she's a good girl!

Good girls don't enter places they've never been in. especially that of boys dorm of all places. Most people would take other peeps entering their rooms uninvited the wrong way. She should have just knocked and move on if no answer.

Well it matters not. Chiyo is a lot of things but a good girl ain't one. Assman daughters are weird in their own way. In any case, I actually like this development, how the hell will Kiyoshi and Hana escape?

Actually, worst girl is undisputedly Mari so ignore my earlier post.
Domestic na Kanojo 45-46 raw

Poor Rui...

You read ahead and saw
the pain..
. Was it worth it?

Main Character remains an idiot. he truly don't understand unforeseen consequences...

Domestic na Kanojo 46 spoiler
Rui hates him now according to last page. RIP MC x Rui

Furyous

The Breaker 198

This dude killed all those people and played a role in the death of multiple gaju members and they let him walk into the funeral. WAT...

I thought 9AD negotiated keeping Shiwoon and receiving the chopper. Guess I was wrong. Was that Shiwoon's classmate at the end? Chundomoon leader has a lot to pay for. This series can't end without him paying for his crime of ignoring the actions of his subordinates. The most aloof above it all clan was responsible for harming the Sunwoo clan and wrecking Murim.

Skiwoon is a legend when you realize he basically self taught himself martial arts for this entire series. Sparring with the clan elder without a ki center doesn't count.

Turok_TTZ

and to continue on from Domestic na Kanojo:
This is why you DON'T waste your first time as easily as Rui did. Rui found that out the hard way. Especially considering she told him to forget about it all in the beginning. Rui screwed up and that is on her. Well, Katsuo still on Hina so it makes little difference tbh.

dani_dc

Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? 6

So Ako is meeting the cat girl that's actually a male but is actuality proba the female teacher.

I'm with Ako on this one, particularly since they're school mates and act in real life like they do in the game, there's no actual difference between their online life and reality.

Lain

The Breaker New Waves 198

Say what you want, but the authors of this managed to turn one despicable asshole into one damn awesome badass, making us care about him and making us be sad for his death. Hats of to them.

A little disappointed the fight had really ended there. I guess I put too much faith into Shioon, he still lacks resolve and focus.

random25

You read ahead and saw
the pain..
. Was it worth it?

Main Character remains an idiot. he truly don't understand unforeseen consequences...

Domestic na Kanojo 46 spoiler
Rui hates him now according to last page. RIP MC x Rui

This heartbreak...it never was worth it.
Lots of raw chapters are already there, so I had to ask my friend who studied some little Japanese to roughly translate some parts. The visuals kinda helped in understanding some parts he can't translate.

Rui also was at fault here, even if she was my bet. She should've followed her own rule in the first place lol.

Turok_TTZ

This heartbreak...it never was worth it.
Lots of raw chapters are already there, so I had to ask my friend who studied some little Japanese to roughly translate some parts. The visuals kinda helped in understanding some parts he can't translate.

Rui also was at fault here, even if she was my bet. She should've followed her own rule in the first place lol.

A shame indeed. But you know how some peeps are with their firsts. firsts shouldn't be given away so easily... I feel bad all the same for Rui though, She didn't deserve this and quite frankly she is best girl unlike slut home breaking sister that is Hina

Prison School 174

Chairman lost memory, JOE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD @ BEING SMOOTH CRIMINAL

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food for thought: Shinomiya's apparently going to judge that competition in the next chapter of Soma right?

That means he's about to be on the receiving end of a foodgasm
KuGsj.gif

Sai

The Breaker New Waves 198

Say what you want, but the authors of this managed to turn one despicable asshole into one damn awesome badass, making us care about him and making us be sad for his death. Hats of to them.

A little disappointed the fight had really ended there. I guess I put too much faith into Shioon, he still lacks resolve and focus.
Eh, I don't think he loses out to anybody when it comes to those aspects. It's been mentioned by a few of the old heads now that Chunwoo would've been wrecked if Shioon had the skill 'n experience to match that power he was dishing out. Now there's an issue being raised about who'd be able to instruct him at this point? I think the old crazy doctor had already committed himself. Wish Ryuji threw in before he decided to abandon the world of Murim.

Agreed on changing our perspective of Elder Kwon. Recently went through some of New Waves' highlights and had almost forgotten what a dick Kwon was in the beginning.

random25

A shame indeed. But you know how some peeps are with their firsts. firsts shouldn't be given away so easily... I feel bad all the same for Rui though, She didn't deserve this and quite frankly she is best girl unlike slut home breaking sister that is Hina

Prison School 174

Chairman lost memory, JOE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD @ BEING SMOOTH CRIMINAL

Their pains may cause them to realize their love for each other, if Good Ending is the reference lol. We'll see.

And Chiyo's sense is really tingling. Such cliffhanger!

Arabesque

That means he's about to be on the receiving end of a foodgasm
KuGsj.gif

Wasn't he already on the receiving end in the Tadokoro Shougeki?

Now there's an issue being raised about who'd be able to instruct him at this point? I think the old crazy doctor had already committed himself.

Going by the reaction Elder Kwon had when Shioon bowed before 9AD and him throwing his life away in the end, I think that there must be some loop hole where Shioon will be able to find a master in the Sunwoo clan. Otherwise it would make no sense for him to do what he did in the end.

I do like the parallel we have here with the end of the first Breaker now with New Waves. Shioon ended that part having lost all his ability and hitting rock bottom after learning so much, only to climb back to the top. Now he lost the main pillar of support, his clan is facing death and he lost any apparent way to continue learning martial arts. I suppose in the next part he'll end up being the president of the Alliance by the end of it :D

Wish Ryuji threw in before he decided to abandon the world of Murim.

Shioon turns on his phone to realise that Ryuji left him special instructional videos lol?

Agreed on changing our perspective of Elder Kwon. Recently went through some of New Waves' highlights and had almost forgotten what a dick Kwon was in the beginning.

It's incredible how much both Elder Jang and Elder Kwon ended being such awesome characters after how much of huge dicks they were at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom