• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

One Piece

Gear 4!

... Then, hiatus. ._.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Guy with some kind of power that takes him back in time until he corrects the issue he became involved with. I'm on chapter 10 now, pretty interesting so far.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Guy with some kind of power that takes him back in time until he corrects the issue he became involved with. I'm on chapter 10 now, pretty interesting so far.

Chapter 1 read.

Pretty interesting indeed.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi 5 - 6 - 7
Well, that escalated pretty quickly.

Allaur

Hinamatsuri 11-42
After first 15 chapters manga suddennly became much better. I can't call myself a fan of Anzu, but Hitomi is great (her bartender/working personality is something else, and her trip to study English was best comedy chapter till now) and I still really like Nitta (I should say that mangaka crashed a lot of my hopes about pairing him with bartender lady...).
From now it'll be painfull to read it in ongoing form.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi 15
oKs68VZ.png

giphy.gif

dramatis

Attack on Titan 68

That was actually kind of nice. I hate Lacus Clyne types that just inherit Daddy's power and wealth without earning anything on their own. Historia is clawing her own way, and she's got the PR down.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) We Embrace Our Future (One-shot) by Ikuya Daikokudou

A short story about screwing your future alternate self (it's complicated).

qcf x2

Reading Boku no Hero...

Can't really seem to remember reading a manga recently where a female character is legit strongest, not this kind-of-lame "oh she's strong because she tried her hardest but lose anyway lol."

Naruto? Nope. Bleach? It once had a potential with the Real Kenpachi but then of course she's succeeded by a man because we can't have a woman held the title of strongest of anything. One Piece? The women mostly served here just as fanservice.

Probably Full Metal Alchemist? The general lady was cool, as is the housewife. Let see, what else..... oh, Houshin Engi, that was also kind of cool with how strong Dakki is and how the last boss is a female, but even there the absolute strongest one amongst the "good guys" is a guy.

Hmmmm.

Claymore. RIP to your dilemma.

Also, Akame ga Kill. The legit strongest (for now) is a woman, the one with the skill that will ultimately kill her is a chick as well. The manga kinda sucks lately though.

Turok_TTZ

So to you all reading Domestic na Kanojo

Guess who in the end the MC will end up with? Hina or Rui? I guess some other girl can also be a possibility but the chance for that is pretty nil, I think, so it's going to be between those two.

Let me hear your thoughts.
Have you read to 35 or 46?

I've been rereading Berserk again for like the fifth time because I hate myself, and man do I miss this comic.

The amount of research and focus put into this thing are incredible. The art especially, of course. Hieronymous Bosch meets Frank Frazetta for one of the most wonderfully realized worlds in comics. But everything is fantastic. The character development, the pacing, it's all wonderful.

Nightbird

• 01. Gintama 537 (Cover & Openingpages)
  • 02. Assassination Classroom 135
  • 03. One Piece 783
  • 04. Black Clover 9
  • 05. Haikyū!! 153
  • 06. My Hero Academia 38
  • 07. Shokugeki no Souma 114 (Colourpage)
  • 08. Kagamigami 10
  • 09. The Disaster of PSI Kusui Saiki 143
  • 10. Hinomaru Zumou 44
  • 11. Nisekoi 166
  • 12. Blood Blockade Battlefront (Specialchapter, Colourpage)
  • 13. Ultra Battle Satellite 7
  • 14. Soccer One Shot from Shiibashi Hiroshi (Illegal Rare, Colourpage)
  • 15. World Trigger 99
  • 16. Bleach 623
  • 17. Kochikame
  • 18. Cyborg Roggy 8
  • 19. Takujou no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha 20
  • 20. Gakkyuu Houtei: School Judgement 18
  • 21. The Story of Isobe Isobee

Next Issue (#21-22):
Cover and Openingpages for: Nisekoi
Colour Pages for: Haikyu!!, Kagamigami

- No One Piece

Sad News for One Piece Fans: Due the next Issue being a Double Issue, this means that Chapter 784 will be released in 3 Weeks!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whoa, Black Clover shot up fast. Third place (color pages don't count).
This is also Cyborg Roggy's first ranking. ... It's dead.

Also, THREE WEEKS MOTHERFUCKER!

Sai

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Caught up. Can't help but be suspicious of the teacher—he's had his eyes on the two concerned classmates, and a glove compartment full of candy—but considering how involved he was with saving the girl from her abusive mother it's probably not him. Plus, the murderer was said to be someone with political clout, right?

Anyways, I'm worried that the thief-girl was brought up too late. Hopefully she isn't announced missing come Monday. Might be a good opportunity to see how things have changed in the present, but the protagonist was saying that this would be his "last rerun"...

Gonna see if I can find where the raws are up to later.

• 01. Gintama 537 (Cover & Openingpages)
  • 02. Assassination Classroom 135
  • 03. One Piece 783
  • 04. Black Clover 9
  • 05. Haikyū!! 153
  • 06. My Hero Academia 38
  • 07. Shokugeki no Souma 114 (Colourpage)
  • 08. Kagamigami 10
  • 09. The Disaster of PSI Kusui Saiki 143
  • 10. Hinomaru Zumou 44
  • 11. Nisekoi 166
  • 12. Blood Blockade Battlefront (Specialchapter, Colourpage)
  • 13. Ultra Battle Satellite 7
  • 14. Soccer One Shot from Shiibashi Hiroshi (Illegal Rare, Colourpage)
  • 15. World Trigger 99
  • 16. Bleach 623
  • 17. Kochikame
  • 18. Cyborg Roggy 8
  • 19. Takujou no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha 20
  • 20. Gakkyuu Houtei: School Judgement 18
  • 21. The Story of Isobe Isobee

Next Issue (#21-22):
Cover and Openingpages for: Nisekoi
Colour Pages for: Haikyu!!, Kagamigami

- No One Piece

Sad News for One Piece Fans: Due the next Issue being a Double Issue, this means that Chapter 784 will be released in 3 Weeks!

Give me a Asta Yuno color page in the issue after that please. Hopefully BLack Clover gets bigger than World Trigger, will be the best success story of viz jump.

One Piece

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Oda is such a tease with this break though lol.

Bleach

Interesting turn of events. I still want Aizen to be the savior though.

Bleach 623

Idiot SternRitters ruining my Aizen time

One Piece 783

Wha?! Gear Fourth?!!?!

why is all the good shit going on breaks....... Toriko is back next week at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom