• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro 01

IMPoxxL.jpg

Going to school is serious business.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Vol.01

Fam15uel.jpg

Ah, the good old fun of kissing, body switching and the fun times of figuring out all about these powers.

It's too bad the whole cameos of characters from Yankee-kun never go anywhere though. I did enjoy how their school lives have changed and straight lance Yamada is still pretty great. Looking forward to more volumes.

random25

Senakagurashi 9

Oh, sweet, young love...

Himouto! Umaru-chan 94

Do eels really taste that good?

Koi to Uso 35

That was a rude wake-up call for her. What will she do next?

Nozomi to Kimio 23-24

This manga has really turned out to be Sket Dance Lewd version.

wonzo

Banned
Sangokushi v6

I love it when these three pop up from time to time. They're the ray of hope and justice in such an unjust world and there's nothing better than when they tear through their decadent foes!

Shinwa Ponchi 1-20 (END)

QqrtUle.png

The pantheon of Greek gods are powerless before the divine majesty of striped stockings.

An unofficial god of self-loathing is possessed by a goddess of madness and has the goddess of wisdom and the goddess of the moon descend to cure him. The writing was all over the place, particularly towards the ending, but somehow the silliness made it tolerable. That and the fact that the MC was clearly on course for best girl route.

Zweizer

Banned
Maoyuu ch39

So many things fuel war.

I wonder what will be Hero and Demon Queen's next move.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ch13

You are not alone!

Firo so OP.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Heroes - Inio Asano ( one shot )

I trust my best to comprehend but I still think somehow or rather, I can't piece together everything. As usual.

Not to my knowledge, sorry for my poor wording.

Oh yeah, i am confused by that Heroes too. I assume the moral of the story is darkness always lurk in everyone heart and everyone can be evil as well? Maybe.

Himouto 94

Supervisor will never get to confess to Taihei :_:

Quixzlizx

Nozomi x Kimio 5-6

This is like a lewd version of Oregairu's Service Club.

Although it seems like this series is actually rather tame when compared to Nozoki Ana. I guess it's being published in a stricter magazine.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Vol.01

Fam15uel.jpg

Ah, the good old fun of kissing, body switching and the fun times of figuring out all about these powers.

It's too bad the whole cameos of characters from Yankee-kun never go anywhere though. I did enjoy how their school lives have changed and straight lance Yamada is still pretty great. Looking forward to more volumes.

Oh man, are you in for a ride. This manga is better than the previous one even though Yankee-kun had great characters with distinct personalities. Didn't know it came out in America, must buy!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hey MangaGAF, any must have LN's that were adapted into animes or haven't been and must be gotten? I'm getting ready to buy a ton of stuff and would preferably get everything at the same time.

CountZeroOr

Neo Member
Hey MangaGAF, any must have LN's that were adapted into animes or haven't been and must be gotten? I'm getting ready to buy a ton of stuff and would preferably get everything at the same time.

I haven't read the later volumes yet, but the first Haruhi Suzumiya novel was pretty good.

Also, they're OOP and might be hard to get ahold of, but back in the day Tokyopop released several of the early Slayers light novels in English, and if you can find those, I'd definitely recommend picking those up.

Quixzlizx

That are licensed in the US?

10/10 total recommendations:
Spice & Wolf
Crest of the Stars (although it's out of print)

I enjoyed these:
Mahouka has been licensed, although it won't be out for awhile.
Danmachi, but it's a little trashy.
Karin is really cheesy, and the novels are tied into the manga, and they are out of print, and the last one wasn't released here before TP went out of business
Sword Art Online, although I've only read the first two volumes, which are the Aincrad arc. I hear it goes off the rails after that.

I haven't read or watched yet, so I can't give an opinion of the quality:
The first volume of Log Horizon is releasing this month.
Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime
Accel World

Not personally a fan yet:
Haruhi

There's probably other stuff that was just recently licensed that I'm forgetting about.

Yeah, it's really depressing that we're not getting the Seikai no Senki novels.

Indeed :(

But given the extra translation effort for the Abh language stuff i could see that as being a deal breaker for interested parties tbh (iirc the Tokyo Pop crew had a bit of a time with those Crest Novels)

Also just checked whats been going on and apparently a 5th book was released in 2013 (the last time i did a similar check was during the release of the fourth book) and another short story collection was released last year so its cool to see that its still going.

Panda is too busy having a identity crisis...

Is he a Panda or a Charzard?!?!

Correct Answer:
He is a very glitchy robot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magi 261

Now that I think about it doesn't Kouen have that healing ability

so he can still get his legs back if he sucked up to him

then again he probably doesn't really care about that since he has that wood ability.......... Oh I wonder how that women is

Arabesque

Magi 261

Now that I think about it doesn't Kouen have that healing ability

so he can still get his legs back if he sucked up to him

Did you miss the bit where he was talking about how was going to kill Kouen lol? It'd be weird asking the person you want to kill to give you your legs back.

Not to mention the last time Kouen used his healing on him, Hakuryuu stabbed his own leg with a sword so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom