• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Kakukaku Shikajika Chapter 31-32

Q9be99L.png

This heartfelt poignancy which permeates these 2 chapters. This manga is incredible if you could relate to the author, Akiko Higashimura.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch427

I mean, it's been like that since the beginning of the series, but what a stark contrast to the Qi Shi Huang we know.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch76

Fishing baits are serious business. Well, they're having fun at least.

Stulaw

Nisekoi 166

Right, I'm actually going to stop reading this for a while, I really am this time.The chapter was bad, it still had a case of "Just fuck already" to it, but I just skimmed over most of it to get to the end. I'm guessing even if he does make it in time, someone's bound to get in the way.

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 36

Hilarious failure at dirty talking.

He's also an idiot trying to grab his teacher hand at school.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 76

Shiho needs to up her pervert game, because I think Youko looks better in her bikini-uwow.

I got a little misty. *salutes*

Some people wrongly think that less is more.

VRMN

Nisekoi 166

Well...damn it.

This begs the question of how you don't notice something like that sitting in the goddamn trash, but it's Nisekoi. Anyway, we know how this goes. They miss the ceremony because they need the one plot macguffin to stay in play. I could see it where Raku goes for the ceremony, but Kosaki goes for the locket and key. Either way, they almost certainly won't be together for the ceremony...which shouldn't matter because Haru really doesn't care about the trinket and it's superstitious bullshit anyway, but it's symbolic if they were to be together for that.

But since Chitoge will almost assuredly win in the end, it's kind of moot anyway.

Puruzi

Banned
Honestly I feel like Nisekoi will have a non ending and nobody will win. Which i'm totally okay with, because that means Shitoge wont win.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 166

Well, Raku better hurry and do something. And when I mean something, hurry up and get that pendant so they can see what's inside.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 36

Main character is crazy for trying to reach for Hina's hand at school. Actually Hina's crazy too for kissing him there.

Busaiku

I don't get why they used the red/blue ogre story in the My Love Story show.
Besides Takeo's appearance being intimidating and Suna being his friend, the situation's not really the same.

Room 303 (one-shot)
Maybe I'm being overly judgmental, but I feel that killing 3 innocent people would disqualify you from getting into heaven. Regardless of whether you felt bad about it afterwards.

Mystery one-shot from the World Trigger author, with an intriguing setup but a slightly wonky execution. Still one of the more enjoyable shorts I've read though, largely because I found the subject matter / psychological element really appealing.

Zweizer

Banned
Nozomi x Kimio ch23

The power of yuri!

Nozomi x Kimio ch24

Obviously the solution is to have her graduate into a full-fledged yandere.

Nozomi x Kimio 23-24
In theory this should be the most one-sided contest since the last Medaka Box popularity poll. In practice, I suspect it'll be a mutual win with everyone being at least partially placated. Or being gutted with a kitchen knife, if we follow Zweizer's superb logic.

Also apparently the series is ending next week at something like 55-60 chapters. Not a bad run.

Zweizer

Banned
Nozomi x Kimio 23-24

In theory this should be the most one-sided contest since the last Medaka Box popularity poll. In practice, I suspect it'll be a mutual win with everyone being at least partially placated. Or being gutted with a kitchen knife, if we follow Zweizer's superb logic.

Also apparently the series is ending next week at something like 55-60 chapters. Not a bad run.

It's already ending? Aww. Then again it'll be a while before the translation reaches that far.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
School Mermaid 7-8

Well, uh, that's certainly new. Wonder what the criteria are to invoke their wrath like that. Maybe it's if your love interest is already in a happy and serious relationship?

Also someone really needs to add a warning to the notebook about not bringing another person on your hunt, since it almost inevitably doesn't end well. Or, in the case of the previous story, it ends too well.

It's a shame there's only one more volume of this, since it's one of my favourite series that's still updating.

I'm scared.

Key can draw pretty well. Too bad I'm leans towards seinen side of romance than the typical highschool ones.

Skirt no Naka no Uchuu ( it's not in eng )

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Nozomi x Kimio 23-24

THE FUCK?! ITS BEING UPDATED?! I THOUGHT IT WAS DEAD! TEARS OF JOY FOR LEWDNESS!

Nisekoi 166

Yes, abandon her.... hehehehehehehehehehehehehhe

Gintama 537

Kondou-san looked way better when he didn't have that current spiky hair + beard combo...
A good amount of info in this chapter.... a ton of stuff about the political factions have been addressed

Oh man I am guessing that Kondou and co will succeed with their mission and that evil Shogun guy will get pissed and in retaliation kill that glasses guys wife and child

The Breaker: New Friendships 198

Have they ever explained how these bigass clans make money?

Now there's an issue being raised about who'd be able to instruct him at this point? I think the old crazy doctor had already committed himself. Wish Ryuji threw in before he decided to abandon the world of Murim.
Ghost doc and that Head of Murim guy that Ghost doc spent all his ki healing after he tried to throw down with 9AD.
LoneWolfBaldie will prolly pop up again.
Plus more training with the brother of that guy from the opposing clan that just got baleeted. The one that wore a tie.

Takemitsu Zamurai 1-10

It's... interesting how i struggled with finding the words to describe the feeling the author and the artist were trying to evoke, and then when it came to me, it seemed so utterly obvious. At first it appeared that they were trying to invoke the feeling that an image produces, instead of the image itself, then it became clear that they were aiming for dreams and imagination. Both of a child. Both of the child and of the man-child.

It's quite wonderful.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
School Mermaid 7-8

Well, uh, that's certainly new. Wonder what the criteria are to invoke their wrath like that. Maybe it's if your love interest is already in a happy and serious relationship?

Also someone really needs to add a warning to the notebook about not bringing another person on your hunt, since it almost inevitably doesn't end well. Or, in the case of the previous story, it ends too well.

It's a shame there's only one more volume of this, since it's one of my favourite series that's still updating.

Welp time for nightmares.

Quasar

Chihayafuru 143 - Alright. I guess this will get Chihaya back at least. For people who read this closer than me, did Chihaya ever respond or even acknowledge Aratas full on confession that he made? That continues to be weird to me given the time that has passed.

somedevil

Eh, I don't think he loses out to anybody when it comes to those aspects. It's been mentioned by a few of the old heads now that Chunwoo would've been wrecked if Shioon had the skill 'n experience to match that power he was dishing out. Now there's an issue being raised about who'd be able to instruct him at this point? I think the old crazy doctor had already committed himself. Wish Ryuji threw in before he decided to abandon the world of Murim.

Agreed on changing our perspective of Elder Kwon. Recently went through some of New Waves' highlights and had almost forgotten what a dick Kwon was in the beginning.

If going by the recent chapter its going to the lone wolf because the other elders state that he needs to be taught by someone in the black heaven school. Unless they reveal that he be trained in all other schools techniques.

Shichifuku Mafia 05-08

More gods appear, a common enemy introduces themselves and all that resolve from the main character.

This series is getting good~

Melancholy World 04

Aww, he remembers~

I guess this whole setting is kinda interesting, just kinda more interested in them rebuilding their relationship though

Attack on Titan Latest

Well, that was a pretty good solution, I must say. And no Eren, punching yourself in the face is not character development. I guess this arc is over with that last page.

Bleach Latest

Uhhh...ok? You probably should've realized this way earlier guys.

One Piece Latest

I'm excited for One Piece again! Hooray! I've been following the series for years, so naturally I've thought of and discussed the question of what Gear Fourth will do. I honestly didn't think it would ever happen, so it will be interesting to see what it could be.

Kingdom Latest

This could see some use.

Murcielago

A fun series. Main character is great, love the art and expressive faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom