• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Decided to read Genshiken Nidaime after taking a break when the anime aired, and they just turned it into a Madarame harem now? This new book really feels like it's undoing everything good about the original Genshiken and just turning it into yet another otaku-reference book.

The only way this pays off is if Madarame hooks up with Hato.

This is why series created in his 20s are much more interesting.

Give yonensei a shot.

dani_dc

Himouto! Umaru-chan 94

Of course Umaru is going
how else would she eat eel.

And only 10000 yen brother?
That's nowhere near enough!

Kingdom 427

The king speech, as pretty as it might have been, offers no concrete plan on how to change China, I don't think the author manage to convey what he wanted with this scene, because there was only one character making sense and it wasn't Sei for sure.

Can anyone recommend me some really good fantasy and/or medieval manga? Something with really good art as well. Preferably shorter and finished, but I'll read anything as long as it's worth it. Basically I got caught up with Berserk and now I'm craving for more lol.

Keyword Finished.

Bokko
Wolfsmund.

dramatis

2xbW05X.png

Y'all bullying me when I have keijo and there's 50 people here better than me at moon
That handwriting is acceptable, I guess.

dramatis

Maoyuu 39

gIZs1Sk.jpg

This guy is a genius.

Some cheesy speech stuff in the beginning, but then some cool shit in the middle and end. One battle ends just to set up the next. I wonder if the Holy Light church will actually fall?

He makes the m with two arches, how is that acceptable?
In Asian culture, if your m doesn't have 100 arches, you might as well just commit seppuku

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is why series created in his 20s are much more interesting.

Give yonensei a shot.
Nidaime seems like the very definition of an unnecessary sequel, even though I was excited for it when it first launched. I never really read any of his other work though, so maybe I'll take a look.

The irony of Genshiken becoming what it was mocking in the first place is palpable.
Sad but true. lol
Spotted Flower was probably the first sign, since it was Madarame/Saki fanfiction. :p

It was never mocking it. It was just more about the culture surrounding it.

Which I guess makes what it's become make sense.
I think the first season was close in tone to something like Welcome to the NHK, which allowed the characters to revel in the culture but also addressed the realities of life. Madarame basically heads off into the real world and gets a job.

In Nidaime, he quits his job and gets a harem with pretty much every girl from the original series and Hato. The fact that everyone in the manga itself refers to it as his harem makes it even worse. :p

It's still pretty good when it's not all about the Madarame harem. Hato is an interesting character.
I think Hato lost me a bit when his sexual desires/anxieties were represented as a flying girl ghost. That said, he's still the most interesting character of the bunch.

That handwriting is acceptable, I guess.

He makes the m with two arches, how is that acceptable?
his 'n' looks fine..... his limits are cursive which is good

his summation notation looks to bubbly imho but that is just a look of preference seeing as the two sums are more important then how you write your ∑
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DBZ Rebirth of F Special One Shot 02

Aww when Whis gave Vegeta advice I assumed that would mean that he had more potential.....Sadly Goku was also lacking something so I guess it just balances it out

Nanatsu no Taizai 122

lol where the hell did Hendi get those stylish clothes

360pages

I hope Soma gets expelled so he can globtrot and meet some exotic waifus.

Let's go to Mexico or France or Kenya. whoooooooo

Honestly, the School of X trope is pretty hard to pull off now. It doesn't help that the series does nothing interesting with it. At least nothing that couldn't be done with any other setting.

Jintor

He quits his job? Madarame 'growing up' and graduating was the fucking perfect ending to that part of Genshiken! Man, lame.

Quixzlizx

Read Zaregoto (you probably will not find first volume on sale - it's out of print) - it's really glorious detective series about some wrecked character/characters. I really hope that it will someday have it's anime at least for brilliant second volume.

I saw the second volume as part of the TRSI Del Ray/Kodansha sale last night, so I tried to find the first volume on Amazon/Ebay. I'd have to spend at least $60 for it, so forget it.

It's so annoying that it's out of print, considering the company isn't out of business. I wonder whether their license ran out.

Quixzlizx

Can anyone recommend me some really good fantasy and/or medieval manga? Something with really good art as well. Preferably shorter and finished, but I'll read anything as long as it's worth it. Basically I got caught up with Berserk and now I'm craving for more lol.

Spice & Wolf: Not a battle manga at all, although there are some action scenes
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: "Be Mine Hero" "I refuse!"

half-cursive and his "n" is half a "n".
Embrace cursive people, embrace it.

my handwriting is some cursive/normal font hybrid

I remember a long time ago in Grade 5 my Teacher made me and everyone else in the class write in cursive..... Telling us that in the future, as in Grade 8 and up we would use it quite a lot

turned out that through out Grade 8 till the end of high-school I really didn't need it that much...... ironically the times we had to use it was for Math and Physic classes and not English based ones.....

Of course in University using cursive is faster.... especially when you're writing notes

but.....

A) People use laptops now to write in class
B) If you did indeed need to write quickly for an Exam usually the only time you'd have to use it is in a Arts base course such as literature/history/etc...

in Math or Science based course you'd occasionally use it for some notations

random25

Okusama ga Seito Kaichou! 24

That family must have known where the legendary fountain of youth is located.

Shokugeki no Soma 114

Surprise me, Soma.

Food Wars 114

Taku getting on the poster was a nice surprise. He isnt forgotten by the animators.

I wish we got more of that panel with soma breaking free. It ended too soon.

World Trigger 99

Flying limbs always. I think Murakami will win, Yuma is at a huge disadvantage.

My Hero Academia 38
#TeamTodoroki . He can easily win this. Deku is already nearly about to fall out and is looking pretty tired and damaged.

Arabesque

Taku getting on the poster was a nice surprise. He isnt forgotten by the animators.

What made you think they forgot about him? He still didn't make his introduction into the anime and they were showing him several times throughout the opening

English Shonen Jump stuff

Same poster from the Japanese issue 2 weeks ago, but they didn't include the risqué version for obvious reasons.

Also next issue we'll get the results for the Naurto cover drawing contest

Decided to read Genshiken Nidaime after taking a break when the anime aired, and they just turned it into a Madarame harem now? This new book really feels like it's undoing everything good about the original Genshiken and just turning it into yet another otaku-reference book.

The only way this pays off is if Madarame hooks up with Hato.

Yep, overall Nidaime is inferior to the first series, and in special the last 15 chapters or so have been terrible.

Rainy

Banned
Girls of the Wild's 104-139
Still enjoying it.
We finally see Jaegu developing feelings for Queen...which took forever.
Not sure how many more times I can see them beating up bullies and thugs though, it does get pretty repetitive. A saving grace of that is that I really love the art style.

World Trigger 99

I really liked Tachikawa's speech about feelings and passion not mattering unless you're already strong. Especially that bit at the end with how, if they did matter, losing just proves you weren't passionate enough.

BLack Clover 5-7

Asta's "thats so cool/awesome" face is my second favorite thing in this manga. I look forward to it all the time.

CCftDY-WEAAAX7i.png

This mist village is pretty interesting. I like how it quickly got us to see what powers Noella has. Was afraid she'd be the typical powerful royalty type of girl with expert skills, but having her just as much of a failure as everyone was pretty fitting.She can train and level up along with Asta.

Now we just need Asta and Yuno to meet up, which Im hoping happens before chp 10. Or at least more flashbacks.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch32

Still so weak~

I hate how its a monthly series. Taking so long too catch up with the light novels at this pace. For reals though.

At least I have the anime, which is moving at a decent pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom