• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

Is Takeshi Obata doing anything? I need some good manga art in my life right now.
He did last year a mini series/adaptation in Young Jump of All You Need Is Kill (which was pretty good overall, if toned down from the original novel. Things relating to Rita is what is where his art is at its best in there). He did a One Shot with Nisioisn that wasn't great and currently he's doing Gakkuy Hotei in Jump which is more or less Phoenix Wright the Junior Years. Only difference it that its pretty bad, if occasionally fun, read.

If you want good art I'd honestly recommend Otoyomegatari (Bride's Story) first.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Hero Academia 39

I don't know if this portrays Endeavor as an all-right guy, but it definitely makes him less of an ass. Also, Deku is really going all out and it seems that he is slowly but surely getting better control over One For All and using less power so his body doesn't get as mangled.

Hero Academia

This manga is amazing. I can't say it does anything original but it's practically a dictionary definition of shonen. Like every other chapter something cool and awesome happens and nothing feels like it drags. I really hope this pace can keep up.

LeleSocho

Banned
Hero Academia 39

I don't know if this portrays Endeavor as an all-right guy, but it definitely makes him less of an ass. Also, Deku is really going all out and it seems that he is slowly but surely getting better control over One For All and using less power so his body doesn't get as mangled.

Endeavor? An all right guy? Less of an ass?
wat?
He was not only abusive on the wife and the son but also rejected the other "not good enough" children and departed a mother from her children after an incident that indirectly he has caused.
He got a cool design and all but he's a psycho and his laughing panel in the last chapter pretty much shows that.

Boku no Hero Academia 39

Pretty good chapter.... pretty good stuff

I just hope it maintains its momentum...... of course there will be cool down chapters like all series and maybe even okay but not amazing arcs but as a whole I see a bright future with a ton of potential for this series

DBZ Rebirth of F 003

Saw the preview vid...... Read this chapter.

Of course the preview cuts some stuff out due to spoilers but either way it seems that these chapters are racing through the movie material.

Compared to the movie clips, Goku quickly barraged Freeza and Freeza is already about to release his final form with just this one chapter.

At this rate we might get the whole (short version) of the movie via chapters before it hits NA theatres in August.

Dragon Ball Z Rebirth of F 3

Freeza, who literally invented "This isn't even my final form" has now revealed that his final form, is in fact NOT his final form.

360pages

DBZ Rebirth of F 003

Saw the preview vid...... Read this chapter.

Of course the preview cuts some stuff out due to spoilers but either way it seems that these chapters are racing through the movie material.

Compared to the movie clips, Goku quickly barraged Freeza and Freeza is already about to release his final form with just this one chapter.

At this rate we might get the whole (short version) of the movie via chapters before it hits NA theatres in August.

It's pretty much a Mini version of the Movie, as I can see,
they completely remove the scene where Gohan gets owned by Frieza

Though it's nice that everyone got a moment to shine...well except Yamcha. Though how is it too dangerous for Yamcha but Master Roshi is fine?

Soma anime Thoughts

Watched the 3rd episode in particularly the School opening assembly scene and something caught my eye

I remember in the manga they showed some of the rookies in that scene.... of course one of them was "Dark Soma" but he had a somewhat of a minor appearance change from then till what we see him as now.... Because of this I assumed that this applied to everybody there and eventually came to the conclusion that the girl with the Abacus was the hunting girl form the Polar dorm rather then someone else.....

Well I was wrong it seems since the anime showed her again and some other few people with their similar designs, which means that these characters are separate people and that they may appear later in the series as rivals/enemies.

I doubt they where kicked out off-screen or that they were some random fodder since the author decided to make them look unique..... So who knows

It's pretty much a Mini version of the Movie, as I can see,
they completely remove the scene where Gohan gets owned by Frieza

Though it's nice that everyone got a moment to shine...well except Yamcha. Though how is it too dangerous for Yamcha but Master Roshi is fine?

lol true,true

I hope the endgame for The Breaker:New Waves is Jinnie getting shipped with Shiwoon. That is probably what I really want to happen and best thing to occur.

I swear if Sae-Chan that irrevalent chick who hasn't had any screentime wins. I'm gonna be extremely pissed.

NW ends with him picking Jinnie.

Part 3 starts with a reveal that they've broken up and he's currently dating Sae.

Have fun.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Mob Psycho 83.1

Great stuff hopefully the next chapter comes out soon.

So has anyone here read Rin-ne? I've been watching the anime and so far it's been a lot of faffing about with no real plot at all. Yeah I know InuYasha had a lot of recycled story content but at least the general goal of "get the shards of the jewel and beat Naraku" was established very early in the series and even in episode 1 we had some decent stakes before we got to that point. Rin-ne feels kind of like first arc Medaka Box before it introduced an actual plot only it's not as interesting or as funny.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi

All of these color pages <3

While I wouldn't have guessed Raku would have gone to the fir tree last chapter, the author made it easy to tell what was going to happen in this chapter. Curious at what's going to happen. No, I'm not expecting progress, I'm more curious on the pendant. lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This isn't the mangaGAF I remember! There's no lewd, no images, no heated discussions?! WHY ARE ALL OF YOU LOSING YOUR SPARK!!!

Kiss My Ass 9

lwEiuMC.jpg

Educational as always, I learned some more about hemos today.

The sexual tension is rising, asking to take pictures of her ass eh?

At least he was called out on Miura obvious feelings for him.

Must read now lol

Keyman 36

The twists keep coming. Pete looks so badass.

Is this good?

dani_dc

Nisekoi 167

Did Raku just made a good mature decision for once?
I'm legitimately shocked.

I doubt anything will actually come out of this, he won't confess because reasons and then it turns out the pendant was picked up by someone before the garbage was sent out.

But Komi trolling us by pretending he'll advance the plot is enough to keep me entertained for this week.

I wouldn't be using amazon.com for an Euro order, he'd pay a ridiculous amount for shipping and potentially for import taxes.
Amazon.co.uk would be a better choice.

http://www.bookdepository.com

I use this.... and I believe it ships to a lot of countries

Also heard of this site before, though I haven't used it, sounds like a good possibility as well.

Lain

So has anyone here read Rin-ne? I've been watching the anime and so far it's been a lot of faffing about with no real plot at all. Yeah I know InuYasha had a lot of recycled story content but at least the general goal of "get the shards of the jewel and beat Naraku" was established very early in the series and even in episode 1 we had some decent stakes before we got to that point. Rin-ne feels kind of like first arc Medaka Box before it introduced an actual plot only it's not as interesting or as funny.

It keeps being a plot-less joint for a while as they keep solving stuff and giving some backstory about the various characters. I'm not current on it (I believe Dakku is) but I sorta remember reading that later on some specific plot was introduced. I could be wrong though. Hopefully Dakku chimes in.

Arabesque

rip cao cao's badass drunkard bodyguard ;-;7

Dian Wei's death was one of those fights that was so hilariously awesome I was pretty content he never made it alive through it. It is by far the most badass way to go.

Still laughing how he just switched to his hands to swat away arrows and kill people than use anymore shoddy weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom