• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

Bleach is on a clearly stated final arc.
It will probably get something like the Burrito movie Naruto is getting but yeah I feel Bleach will end first.

I seriously doubt Blach will ever get a new movie or any sort of continuation in Jump (maybe in Plus or Next a la Beelzebub, Kuroko). At most, it will have the final arc animated in the same way Inuasha had its final volumes animated, and then that's it.

Bleach's popularity is simply not where it was years ago. By comparison Naruto as a franchise still has some legs.

Isn't the Hell arc still to come.

Nope, this is the final arc.

Which will end first: One Piece, Bleach or Kochikame?

Bleach is ending soon-ish, despite Kubo's best efforts to stall and make the pacing as glacial as he can. One piece has like a decade worth or stories to tell so who knows, but Kochikame won't end so much as conclude once the author passes away (in a very long time in the future).

People have been claiming that Bleach was nearing its end for five years lol

That's because it has been nearing its end for five years now.

The problem is that Kubo is a master at padding things out for years, so we had like 2 years worth of content spread out over 5 years.

Moonlight

Banned
noted-ryan-the-office.gif
Dark Soma is only made good by Alice, I am sorry to say.

Hayama is best Soma rival.

360pages

Momoko Sakura (of Chibi Maruko-chan) wondered exactly that when they talked to each other

Good, or bad...I'm not sure, on one had I actually really want to know. But everyone's reactions if it was that, from the readers and everything would be amazing.

Though that brings up a question...what would it be? It being just a bunch of treasure would be even more disappointing.

Zweizer

Banned
Bleach is ending soon-ish, despite Kubo's best efforts to stall and make the pacing as glacial as he can. One piece has like a decade worth or stories to tell so who knows, but Kochikame won't end so much as conclude once the author passes away (in a very long time in the future).

Oh, I don't doubt that Bleach will most likely be the first one to end. Still, it's fun to comment on the three series' longevity.

It's the 3rd longest currently running series in Jump right now.

Interesting enough Gintama is 4th. :eek:

And that's the last still running series in Jump on that list, so lol

Its just nuts to think that the same series with the same mangaka with the same character has been running since before the Moon landing

That must mean Duke Togo is like James Bond and just a code name right? Or is he so badass time has no effect on him?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's that series that has been running in Shonen Jump for nearly 40 years. It's basically immune from editors and rankings.

Dear god... KILL IT WITH FIRE!

I'm assuming some of these have cemented themselves in Japanese history. One of them started around 30 years after WWII, that is crazy.

Its just nuts to think that the same series with the same mangaka with the same character has been running since before the Moon landing

That must mean Duke Togo is like James Bond and just a code name right? Or is he so badass time has no effect on him?

This is what I want to know lol

Zweizer

Banned
Lily Love ch4

What a start to a new year!

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch33

The Minotaur sure is popular.

October 1968?
What the fuck Duke Togo.

Best thing about reading those ancient Golgo volumes is how absurdly different they are in tone and style from pretty much everything today. Truly sets itself apart. Cold War oozing from every pannel.

No idea how modern Golgo is. As far as i know, it's the same guy.

Im assuming that some here are familiar with the general story that Kingdom is based upon.

Since i'm on chap 260, with absolutely no sign of an end in sight, and the manga seems to be currently bordering on 430 chaps, how long will this thing most likely end up being?

Im assuming that some here are familiar with the general story that Kingdom is based upon.

Since i'm on chap 260, with absolutely no sign of an end in sight, and the manga seems to be currently bordering on 430 chaps, how long will this thing most likely end up being?

Very, very long.

Sei's goal is to conquer all of China. Not a single of the city states has fallen to Qin. I think Qin Shi Huang (first Emperor of China, who Ei Sei pretty much is in the story) took like 30 years to do it. Going by that...

Usobuko

Banned

Well, one of the major plot point that was persistent throughout the story is about to end. Taking into account of how long a war arc can be, my guess is it at least another 300 chapters or so.

But then I don't know the actual history details besides the inevitable outcome which was mentioned in school.

I think Kingdom could actually feasibly reach 1,000 chapters depending on just how much time the author spends on some things. There's been long setups for pretty much every state that needs to be conquered for the unification of China.

Of course he has taken plenty of liberties before.

Crocodile

Prison School 173-174

This manga is high art. The Medusa vs Bottle debate/fight was INSANE

Chairman NO!

My Hero Academia 38

This was legit hype. They just need to stick this landing and not blow the resolution to this fight. Midoriya has left a stronger impression on me than early Naruto, Icihigo or Luffy ever did. I hope the sky's the limit for this kid (but that he continues to win with his brains and not dues ex machina bullshit)

MrDaravon

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck really :/

From the creators of The Breaker’s Naver page.

Title: Breaker chapter 199 cover.

Haha… this is the first post since 2015 began… somehow we’ve just been that busy…

Many of you could already tell, but,…. Breaker 2 is coming to an end.
Breaker part 2 will end with chapter 200. Also, there will be a final epilogue of 1 part.
Just part 1 [of Breaker] took 3 years… and part 2 took 5 years… I feel both relieved and disappointed.

Together with Archlord, we’ve been working non-stop without a break for 10 years.

Then… there are many readers who are wondering when Breaker, part 3, will enter serialization, but… we are expecting to not begin serialization for a little while. We will rest for a couple of months and then expect to start on a new work together with serializations that have piled up. The plan is to produce a work that, perhaps, forgoes the traditional page-view style and introduces the webtoon style with colour.
Our apologies to those waiting for part 3, but… 8 years… was quite a long time… we really want to produce something new and maybe we’ll produce a new novella with the author Jeon Keuk-jin.

Also, after taking care of this week’s chapter 199’s deadline, and depending on the number of pages, we will rest next week for one week and chapter 200 is expected to go up on May 1st.

Sai

What did they do to Akane? ;_;

I don't even want to know how they're going to handle Jitsu was Watashi wa's crazy faces.

balgajo

So, I was bored and tried Toriko. The first 5 chapters were somehow boring but now it got me interested. I'm about 8 chapters in, should I keep going?

Lain

Her eyes are so moe.

Marmalade Boy volume 1

I've liked some other stuff I've read of Wataru Yoshizumi and I have been curious about reading this for a while so as soon as a new re-edition came out I jumped on it right away.

First impression is positive. The characters are likable and the reactions of the main girl are funny (she's somewhat the only sane person, or at least it seems so initially).
The whole family situation is just wacky while the love triangle a bit too cliché and predictable (I could see the twist coming as soon as the love letter got involved and read in class).
I didn't like how Miki's parents think it's totally okay to exchange partners with another couple and go live together with them, but they prohibit Miki to ever fall in love with Yu, the son of the other couple. I mean, you're totally fine with getting a divorce and being swingers and living under the same roof with the people that are gonna fuck your significant others, but your daughter is barred from falling in love with the hot son of the other couple? Get fucked, is what I think.
Now to wait for volume 2.

Numb

So, I was bored and tried Toriko. The first 5 chapters were somehow boring but now it got me interested. I'm about 8 chapters in, should I keep going?

Watch the anime and decide if you want to continue.
That intro with the foods always got me.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Breaker 199

Elder Kwon, so many emotions =C

Timeskip for the 3rd act where Shioon is a beast please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom