• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess most manga like these always has that one girl. But since this manga doesn't exactly shy about sex, it's even more apparent.

Shokugeki no Soma 114

So why does Soma have to beat everyone here in order to pass? Is that Shinomiya's rule or something for letting him enter? Or does everyone else have to do this as well?

he has to leave a visible mark and if he beats everyone his dish will get added to the menu, is what I'm led to believe. This is only a thing at Shinomiya's restaurant as of right now.

Boku no Hero 39

I can feel the shonen seeping from the pages. What a great chapter, I hope Midoriya goes far, but I think he might lose for now.

Rhapsody

Banned
he has to leave a visible mark and if he beats everyone his dish will get added to the menu, is what I'm led to believe. This is only a thing at Shinomiya's restaurant as of right now.
Ah, I see. I guess I didn't think that the requirement to pass from the last place carried over to this restaurant.

360pages

Fukkatsu no F 3
I absolutely hate how power levels are out of proportion...

To be fair, they stated losing grip on that shit near the end of the Cell Saga. Now Goku and Vegeta are the only relevant characters.

Hopefully badguys from here on out will have fodder/jobbers so everyone gets a scene to shine.

LeleSocho

Banned
To be fair, they stated losing grip on that shit near the end of the Cell Saga. Now Goku and Vegeta are the only relevant characters.

Hopefully badguys from here on out will have fodder/jobbers so everyone gets a scene to shine.

They were already out of control in the saiyan saga at the beginning of Z but that doesn't mean we should continue to iterate the errors over and over again.
If Muten can handle a bunch Frieza's dudes then how it's possible that Gohan or Piccolo can't wipe out all of them just by looking at them? We already know that aside Frieza the best of the enemies is as strong as Zarbon/Dodoria.

Bah, i continue to think that fans would do a much better job handling the franchise than the people who's handling it right now.

Durarara!! Relay 06

D9Jt3Yd.png

Doujins are dangerous.

360pages

They were already out of control in the saiyan saga at the beginning of Z but that doesn't mean we should continue to iterate the errors over and over again.
If Muten can handle a bunch Frieza's dudes then how it's possible that Gohan or Piccolo can't wipe out all of them just by looking at them? We already know that aside Frieza the best of the enemies is as strong as Zarbon/Dodoria.

Bah, i continue to think that fans would do a much better job handling the franchise than the people who's handling it right now.

That is a good point, I guess the main problem is that is that some people are just so much stronger than others. DBZ also seemed to have a focus on upward progression. The problem is, some people just remain stagnant most of the time.

Unless everyone went training after battle of Gods

Boku no Hero Academia 39
Todoroki seems like he got a massive power up Deku will regret.
By helping Todoroki become a better hero (in training), Midoriya has "won" already.
I would be disappointed if the author put the usual MC shield on him, making him win (and able to continue on) against a buffed up opponent even though he has crippled hands/arms.
Also, if Midoriya wins this one, I don't see how the rest of the tournament would be interesting or a chance to grow up for him. He already had many showdowns with Bakugou, no need for a tournament finals between them two.

Boku no Hero Academia 39

By helping Todoroki become a better hero (in training), Midoriya has "won" already.
I would be disappointed if the author put the usual MC shield on him, making him win against a buffed up opponent even though he has crippled hands/arms.

I don't see him winning, but I can see a tie with a double ring out.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The art is kinda messy and hard to follow at times, but it's pretty good.

The name sounds really badass though.

Give me a few days.

I rather not risk another ban so soon.

Finally.

Its the best pre-slayer yams.

pre-slayer? im not catching on, your quoted my entire thing lol

So I think mangaGAF favourite mangaka shindoL will be at MizuryuLand tomorrow (SFW link, NSFW twitter account).

There's a tweet were he directly references the event but the tweet is rather, hm, NSFW.

Japan never ceases to amaze me with its fascination on lactation.

That's because Shengar keeps rebuffing me ( T ω T)

Shengar PLS!

Numb

What Do the Teenage Boys Do 1-118

I did not think it was humanly possible to make so many fart jokes.
Every single chapter is either about farts or butts.

One Piece Party 3

I like the famous scenes like the shot of the three admirals and Luffy seeing Sabo for the first time being used for comedic effect, lol

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile 2

...That is one handsome man.

Boku to Kotori-chan 01-05

A boy and a girl make a promise to marry when they are older. Now in middle school, the girl's all grown up while the boy hasn't.

Cute. Another cute series. Adorable as they are totally into each other and only has limited amount of no ways!

Rainy

Banned
Looks interesting, I'll check it out

In other news: YESSSSSS

In other other news: (more shamefully) yesssssss

I fucked up: OPM was way cheaper than Nana, but had less volumes
What's the manga with the girl with the pink hair on the cover?

the only drink i've discovered i really like here is barley tea oddly enough

mitsuwhatever cider is okay I guess

The two Japanese drinks I enjoy are Blue Ramune (No I don't know what fruit it is....I'm assuming blueberry) and this.
18april2013.jpg

It's nice having a big Asian supermarket next to my campus so I get to try this stuff out randomly.

Re-reading Jojo'`s Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood 0-1

Man, i know it was the 80`s and all, but Araki could've at least tried to not make Dio one-dimensional from the outset. Was "fuck that, he's objectively evil" pretty much instantly. Let's have him knee a dog in the face at the start just to make sure people get the point.

Assassination Classroom 136

More errors than an early review copy of a book :(

Does that really mean there is only two weeks left of in series time for this manga, or....This definitely wont be making it into 2016. (well I guess there is still Shiro to address)

Furyous

Shokugeki No Soma 40 to 114

I dropped this because the author took entirely too long in my privileged entitled 'Merican opinion to release chapters. This manga is like Food Network on 100 with dem food gasms. LOL at Alice's mom. Triple LOL at Soma's inventiveness. Everyone else makes exquisite dishes while he invents new stuff with common ingredients.
I thought Soma was expelled or was this a case of someone spoiling stuff too early?

AO No Exorcist 65 and 66

Can someone explain to me what happened between chapter 65 and 66? The spy is reciting the oath in 65 on the deck of a carrier and all of a sudden he's back as a student in chapter 66.
....WAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom