• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Ajin 29

Is the intermediary between the minister and Tosaki the traitor? What do you think Kei's plan consists of? Say what you want but Kei has schemed on an unprecedented manga level behind the scenes. Dude had time to make two ajin friends behind the scenes. Now that I think about Kei might be my favorite character in manga due to his practical nature.

Iron Knight Final Thoughts

Is Teppei immortal? I'm asking because of the epilogue.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 07-08

Of course have these girls fight a tentacle plant.

Other than that, this is proving to be very good supplemental material to the main story.

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 117

We get right into the Shokugeki between Soma and the 2nd yr. This chapter is mostly to set up the next arc where the 1st yrs are going to face the elite 10.

Tokyo Ghoul Re 28

I have no idea what happened with the lazy girl. did she fight or did nuts just give up? Also I'm guessing its takizawa's voice who is on the speakers judging from Akira's reaction. Lastly, CMONNNNNNNNNN stop with the honey dicking, i want to see Ken make his comeback, we all know its happening, stop stalling :( either that or gimmie my sweet Amon return.

Melancholy World 05

mnP4ZUj.png

One thing I like about this series is how breathtaking nice it looks.

I guess the whole memories disappearing is going to come up soon, which is a great source of drama~

Lain

I broke down and bought the digital versions of Food Wars! volume 4 and 5 after checking Amazon UK to try and grab them there and discovering that they're slated to release in June and July according to them (this would totally explain why amazon Italy hasn't sent volume 5 yet and volume 4 can't be purchased yet).
So now I guess I can say the quality of the digital release is nice, though it annoys me that the desktop app I had to download, installed on my SSD (where it also downloaded the two volumes) without giving me the option to pick where to install. Ah well, at least now I can read how this cooking battle goes down.

D gray man coming back

Hxh coming back

Nana coming back

Lol lets keep dreaming guys

D-Gray Man will come back considering what Hoshino wrote on her Instagram. Though my hope for HunterxHunter coming back is dwindling with Berserk doing the same thing as well.

But I still believe.

ElFly

I have to assume the idea of Dark Continent, is that Gon will eventually go to catch up with his dad and all the crazy powerful people.

If'd be really weird if a protagonist was replaced by his dad.

Hopefully Togashi will return soon, because the set up for this new arc is amazing.

dani_dc

To be honest I thought that HxH was usually as it's weakest whenever Gon was the focus.
More than glad to have him replaced by a more interesting character such as his dad.

oh yeah i remember our hxh betting pool

Yeah, we should all bet Nisekoi avatars again as punishment!

Shengar

Sounds like a terrific setting for a Demons Souls-inspired game.

In no small part because the Ash Lake is 3/4 that.

Well what I meant in my post how amazed I am because of the similarity, though the largest reason isn't because of that. I'm not implying that Yamazaki took the inspiration for that place from Dark Souls. It is possible that Yamazaki who clearly doing her homework on English magic, drew inspiration from the same source that whatever inspired Miyazaki with Ash Lake. Both resulting something similar in concept (I forgot to mention that this place is magical in nature) but presented differently in their own author's unique sense of beauty.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Uwagaki end
Wow, i like this. How often best girl win the love triangle? Despite the bizarre premise and everything, i really enjoy the comedy and romance part of this manga. Good stuff.

Rhapsody

Banned
D Grayman lost me after a year or so into the story. The bad scanlations weren't helping either.

Why did it get moved to monthly again? I might try giving it another shot.

kasane

I'm surprised there aren't alot of artists that get carpal tunnel

i know it stems from bad technique but still. Some mangakas just won't stop drawing even if it kills them,

umezz's wrists died for Fourteen ;_;7

Interesting read. Umezu is indestructible to have juggled all those series and live to his age, how did he even do that? But this part...

Regardless of how powerful a Stand is, it has limits—range, specific abilities, its physical host. Like a good mystery novel, Araki establishes clear-cut rules and never betrays the reader by breaking them—though the heroes may bend them in a flash of inspiration that saves the day.

JoJo is grounded in a single world with laws as reliable as gravity, consistent even when stretched across alternate dimensions.

LOL. I think I get what he was trying to say but Stands have no rules, and even then the ways Stands work clearly change from Part 6 to Part 7. The only clear cut rules from the list from early Stardust are;

1. Stands grow weaker the further they go from the user, unless the range is Infinite (Made in Heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody.) Automatic Stands still have a limited range I believe, just far, far larger then a regular Stand and they lose power at a far lesser rate then a normal Stand.
2. Stand Users attract other Stand Users. This is the one that is universally true, as far as we know.
All others you could infer like 1 stand to 1 user (Tomb of the Boom, Tattoo You!) one person cannot have multiple Stands (Polnareff with Silver Chariot/Anubis, Emporio with Burning Down the House/Weather Report for a brief time) Stand can't be seen by non-Stand users, Stands reflect damage (broken all the goddamn time)
It's nonsense. Araki plays fast and loose and is anything but consistent, but that's what allows him to get so creative.

Everyone who haven't read Fourteen, please do so. It's obviously the work of a deranged mind and not to be missed.

Will put it on my list.

dani_dc

For all the things Beck does well, the romance in the latter half certainly isn't among it. If I remember correctly, there is more rage, head-shaking and stupidity to come, so enjoy!

I expected relationship issues at some point, the author hinted at them several times but never went full force with them until now.

I'm perfectly fine with drama, but none of the characters actions make literally any sense, why would Maho not meet her boyfriend, who she has not seen for 9 months, to go on a trip with the friends that she literally lives with? She used to always go to Beck concerts no matter what!
Sure she cancelled the trip at the last minute to go to the concert, but her early actions still make no sense.

And who doesn't react to the scene between them at her house?

I know I'm repeating myself, but none of this makes any sense to me, and I'm saying this as someone that can relate with KNIM characters actions!

The way they get back together is just as silly, Maho is somehow singing somewhere again, then she manages to get off a moving train (if the train wasn't moving then the author really didn't manage to pass that message), and they hug and that's it!

I'm so glad that the romance story seems to finally be over.

That wouldn't be a punishment for you!

I'd be willing to temporarily change my icon to one of the inferior girls if you guys really insist on it!

Lain

I've read a bit of Like God Says (last 2 volumes because that's what I had at hand) and it seems sort of a pointlessly gruesome story. Already the fact that the it non-ends in 5 volumes is kinda annoying but I can get over that. The meh art and lackluster events are harder to overlook though. I'll now have to check a box for the first 3 volumes so I can start on part 2 afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom