• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

UQ Holder 79

Mm, pretty much the same level of training Asuna/Negi/Setsuna did when Eva was training them. Obviously the method is a bit more extreme given in this case it's a training for everliving monsters.

This was also the first time Ken drew Kirië with a panty shot. Seems like he just couldn't help himself after like 40+ chapters of restraint (the face on the first page was also "questionable").

Kingdom 431

w2ggObx.png

Keijo!!!!!!!! 31

ASS GUILLOTINE.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 46

I feel like she sort of deserves to hate him after not saying anything about it for so long, yet I'm sort of surprised she would. More interested to see how she acts around her sister now though.

I'll be honest, I was expecting more of a drama blowup. Maybe I've been spoiled by Seo.

Will it's finally out here in the states! I got it couple hours ago, I heard good things about it. will start reading it hopefully tonight!

baNeeD8l.jpg

I've been really curious about The Ancient Magus Bride for a while now because how artistic it looks visually. What's MangaGafs impression of it, if any have read it? If it's actually good I might just buy the first Vol on Amazon.

They Were Eleven by MOTO HAGIO (Icarus' Reading Club)

Pretty nice story, predictable ending but it was good throughout. I liked it better then Heart of Thomas, and have always found it weird that SciFi and Shoujo were such common mixes, as one would think the two audiences would be polar opposites. Maybe I'll read 7 Seeds someday (no promises God's Beard and wonzo)

Magi 265

lol I knew both of them would somehow return.... if that isn't the afterlife and they can't come back

still I want Alibaba to return back with that soul body rather then getting his old body back... especially since his real body officially died

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Magi 265

lol I knew both of them would somehow return.... if that isn't the afterlife and they can't come back

still I want Alibaba to return back with that soul body rather then getting his old body back... especially since his real body officially died

I'm just really relieved he's alive. Honestly, what I'm hoping is that they team up in a way where they find that middle ground Aladin and Haku couldn't. Also, I really feel like the manga is starting to gear up for an end? And it's kinda weirding me out.

Allaur

Again!! 77-92
Ok, I was mistaken, this manga is great from the beginning till now, I thought that drama club ark is stupid idea but now it looks really fun. Sad thing is - we'll never be able to hear "I want to die" musical cause there is no chance for anime...
39178de8dd49.jpg

Fun fact - mangaka who draw Again!! is the same guy who did Moteki.

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 46

Even after all that happens he still kisses Rui back when she kisses him, he's absolute and complete scum.

Hating him and not telling the family about the situation is a class act and he should be happy that she's a very reasonable person.

Stulaw

Domestic na Kanajo 46

He never deserved Rui anyway, she deserves a lot better.

Watari-kun xx ga Houkai Sunzen 6

Watari needs to snap out of it, yes he should care about his sister, but he really should learn to stop answering to her every whim. New girl shows up and now it's a Harem. I wonder why Satsuki's living in such poverty though.

random25

Well, when the alternatives are:
-Girl that sleeps around
-Girl that wants to sleep with teacher
-Teacher that's dating her student/step-brother

Rui ends up standing out as the better choice.

To be fair, Rui is the girl that already had sex with her step brother lol.

But Rui just has the most charming personality of them all, no question about it.

dani_dc

To be fair, Rui is the girl that already had sex with her step brother lol.

But Rui just has the most charming personality of them all, no question about it.

That was before she knew he was the step brother though. I'll admit the situation itself was strange overall (but I'll blame it on Hina for pushing Rui to do what she did), at least it was a one-time off thing instead of on-going situations like the rest of the girls.

bobohoro

Nisekoi 169

Catched up. Don't even know why I read it at that kind of speed, because it went from being dumb to boring at around chapter 50. Probably just wanted to be done with it. It has do be one of the mangas with the most incosistent characterisation I've ever read and the plot moves at a glacial speed, if it isn't forgotten outright for about a dozen chapters. It sort of felt similiar to Hayate No Gotoku overall, only that the latter remains somewhat funny and has enjoyable characters. In Nisekoi we have:

• Raku: Incosistent power levels. Goes from dense dumbass to almost psychic levels of understanding others. Also changes from useless to inhumanly capable if the arc needs it. Basically has no real character.
  • Chitoge: Is she even still in this story? Feels more like a stalker by now.
  • Kosaki: Liked her at first, by now she's gotten unbearable. Repeating the same situation for the xth time is no fun.
  • Tsugimi: Would be interesting if the setting had more of the initial gang war stuff in it. Just doesn't fit that much in the story being told and feels tacked on.
  • Marika: Introduced as a somewhat joke character with hidden drama potential, remained as a joke character that does not entertain. Why is she even in here?
  • Yui: Childhood friend and don as well as onee-san, had potential, didn't go anywhere.
  • Haru: Honestly had the most character progression out of all of the cast. Was extremely annoying at first, by now is the only character I can somewhat tolerate.
  • Everyone else: Ruri/Maiko is actually the best pair in this. The rest is boring.

Mendrox

Nisekoi 169

Catched up. Don't even know why I read it at that kind of speed, because it went from being dumb to boring at around chapter 50. Probably just wanted to be done with it. It has do be one of the mangas with the most incosistent characterisation I've ever read and the plot moves at a glacial speed, if it isn't forgotten outright for about a dozen chapters. It sort of felt similiar to Hayate No Gotoku overall, only that the latter remains somewhat funny and has enjoyable characters. In Nisekoi we have:

• Raku: Incosistent power levels. Goes from dense dumbass to almost psychic levels of understanding others. Also changes from useless to inhumanly capable if the arc needs it. Basically has no real character.
  • Kosaki: Liked her at first, by now she's gotten unbearable. Repeating the same situation for the xth time is no fun.
  • Tsugimi: Would be interesting if the setting had more of the initial gang war stuff in it. Just doesn't fit that much in the story being told and feels tacked on.
  • Marika: Introduced as a somewhat joke character with hidden drama potential, remained as a joke character that does not entertain. Why is she even in here?
  • Yui: Childhood friend and don as well as onee-san, had potential, didn't go anywhere.
  • Haru: Honestly had the most character progression out of all of the cast. Was extremely annoying at first, by now is the only character I can somewhat tolerate.
  • Everyone else: Ruri/Maiko is actually the best pair in this. The rest is boring.

Seriously?

dani_dc

Nisekoi 169

I hope you feel bad for dishing Haru now!

You're still incorrect about Marika though

Zweizer

Banned
I just see the symmetrical docking page from Keijo
Don't know if I should read this or not

Of course you should! Bask in the glory that is Keijo~

Actually yeah, it is. I could get, say, School Rumble volumes for 13€ but that's as cheap as it gets for something that wouldn't be sold at a supermarket or regular bookstore

Man, it costs only around half as much over here, and I still find it somewhat expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom