• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

Prison School 177

What a way to wrap things up, so much relief. That last page seems to be implying something, and I hope it's what I think it is.

Youkai Shoujo-Monsuga 1-34

Reaad this from the beginning and then realised I read the first few chapters before but must have dropped it to focus on University stuff, it's really good, chapter 17 had me laughing so much I couldn't look at the page.

Fairy Tail whatever it's on now

Well, I guess it's been implied but Zeref being
Natsu's older brother
was a pretty big reveal.

FvUagF5.png

She looks like a stuck up bitch.

I hope she turns out to be one.

Still not feeling the art style.

Think I've indulged in too much Tosh foodgasm that anything else drawn lacks impact.

mdubs

Banned
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club 1-2
Finally got around to read this and while the series as a whole seems pretty cute and fun and stuff but I'm not sure it will catch on with the Japanese kids. Also I love YOKO as the next guy and it's really an unfair comparison but man, the art of Ballroom e Youkoso is so much more fabulous.

I'm reading Ballroom e Youkoso right now because of your mention, it's good stuff as well! I think I like the Straighten Up! art style more though. It makes me sad the chances of Kodnasha bringing over Ballroom in the future are so small (since they don't take many risks at all, but I guess stranger things have happened), at least Straight Up has a chance if it stays serialized for a while. Will be excited to see where these two series go!

Also, has anyone by chance read the raws or have impressions of Somersault Turn?

when you put it that way she totes could be related to soma....

Oh shit thats true. That convo with his dad would be hilarious though.

"Oh yeah you had an older sister that went to live with ya mom forgot to tell you heres 10 bucks for the rest of the month peace"

Plus she has the really long sleeves too. This girl is perfect

Her and big sword dude are the coolest looking of the new characters

I got the biggest weakness for long sleeve sweaters man. HNGGGGG

I'm reading Ballroom e Youkoso right now because of your mention, it's good stuff as well! I think I like the Straighten Up! art style more though. It makes me sad the chances of Kodnasha bringing over Ballroom in the future are so small (since they don't take many risks at all, but I guess stranger things have happened), at least Straight Up has a chance if it stays serialized for a while. Will be excited to see where these two series go!

Also, has anyone by chance read the raws or have impressions of Somersault Turn?
Great start. First volume just came out.

Barakamon Vol.04

ATCasxKl.png

Another fun volume. It's liking how Handa is slowly getting more and more used to island life with the locals and it was pretty nice to see more focus on all the great side characters.

And who would have thought this series would teach me BL slang, lol

jbug617

Banned
Does Amazon have Kindle sales on manga? I'm thinking of grabbing the volumes for Barkamon but I don't know if I should wait for a sale or something. It's pretty cheap already.

Shouta

Prison School 177

This has to be the most amusing visual yet. Seriously. Two naked teenagers in that position, one crying, and all of those floods. Damn.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fairy Tail

It's kinda funny how in the E.N.D (pun-alert!) this Theory from last year came true;

Looks like Mashima dropped Hints about Natsu being E.N.D. the whole Time

That Picture is at least 9 Months old, thus more than 20 Chapters ago. We had the confirmation i agree, but we also had lots of Hints before that, wich is my point.
Those aren't hints that Natsu is END. At best they hint Natsu is special somehow (aka every Shonen protagonist) and at worst directly conflict with what happened.

World Trigger 102

Wow guess I wasnt wrong weeks ago about the rules not suggesting that Yuma would be eliminated. I wonder how he managed to make it back up in his condition. Would have been nice to see if he could have still fought even though he was like that. Cheap way to get Nasu squad to lose anyway. Though, I imagine Mikumo probably had some plan for Yuma even after that point in case her Trion truly did not run out.

Suzunari Squad could have done a bit better. Taichi sacrificed himself for nothing :(

Fate/strange Fake 01-03

Narita written Fate series, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

This will probably be pretty damn good. A fake grail has been made in a city in America and now heroic sprites are being summoned.

Pretty good introduction so far, introducing two of the classes. I'm liking the interaction between the servants and their master with Archer and Berserker so far. Will definitely be interesting to see how the other pairs end up being and the crazy turns this story will go.

bigkrev

Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club 1-2

I'm a sucker for Yoko's art, and I'm surprised that something as mundane as Ballroom Dancing could be made into a fun shounen, even if I don't think this has a long shelf life.

And just when you thought Yoko couldn't be any better....

Kieli

Shokugeki no Soma

That was a great chapter. The elite 10 are an interesting bunch.

Curious about the sword guy + the person who appears to be Seat #1.

haha well what is it about? it might not even be my cup of tea and all of you guys are just telling me to read it :p
Take a premise for an all girl school turning co ed, and the only 5 boys attending get thrown into the student run prison and have to survive during their sentence. It has tremendous, detailed art and paneling, and the way it treats its plots and the absurdity of it all is so self serious that it circles back around to being absolutely hilarious.

It's a manga that escalates gradually in craziness, so it might not grab you right in the first few chapters. But boy is it fucking worth it once you're on board.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

That was a great chapter. The elite 10 are an interesting bunch.

Curious about the sword guy + the person who appears to be Seat #1.

You mean cat girl right. Because cat girl is no. 1 I called it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Isshiki was literally confirmed to be 7 when he was first introduced, lmao.

And this is shounen. The guy that obviously screams NUMERO UNO is not NUMERO UNO.

Also I like Miss Crazy Eyes Long Hair.

Kieli

Isshiki was literally confirmed to be 7 when he was first introduced, lmao.

And this is shounen. The guy that obviously screams NUMERO UNO is not NUMERO UNO.

Also I like Miss Crazy Eyes Long Hair.

he was only one that had his own panel and he's so pretty

soma x #1 seat

also #9 is #9 because he introduced himself as #9, no?

Zweizer

Banned
haha well what is it about? it might not even be my cup of tea and all of you guys are just telling me to read it :p

Prison School is nothing short of a masterful tale depicting the struggles of a bunch of boys and girls for the sake of strenghtening their character and broadening their horizons as they clash, collaborate, and ultimately, deepen their bonds, because that's what life is about. And boobs and asses, which are the same thing.

(Plus, insanely good art.)

Punpun 132

This is not a healthy relationship, what the hell

Keep reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom