• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Some magazine covers

tumblr_nojt3oA4tH1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nojt50eqf51sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nojt6xCQlj1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

also color pages from magazines more often than not don't make it into tankobon releases, unless it's a special re-release.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hi, everyone! long time lurker :) hope I'm doing this right.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 29

I'm going to be honest you guys, I'm getting sick and tired of the Sasaki vs Pineapple honey d**cking. Either show us the fight or finish everyone elses. If next week isn't dedicated to Sasaki vs Pineapple and continues the teasing I'm just going to drop the manga till January. I get that you have to keep people interested but in all honesty its getting a bit tedious for my liking. at least its not as bad as Bleach though which seems to move at a snail's pace. Also I wished Urie died, screw him.

Sup~

T-rex Kanojo 5

That egao
Note: Egao mean smile

Aizo

Banned
Monster
Dragon Ball
Slam Dunk
Mushishi (I prefer the anime to be honest but it still a classic nonetheless)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Parasyte
Prison School
Fullmetal Alchemist
The list that I can think off so far.
I'm surprised by the mention of Prison School. You believe all women who like manga should read this, too?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So I already asked for updated top 10s recently, but I was thinking about this lately, too.
What do you think are the most important manga to read? It could be most influential, classic, whatever. Which series do you believe to be must-reads. I imagine that this may have overlap with your favorites, but it might not—I'm curious.

Bonus: Who are the most important mangaka?

let see for most important manga to read

Real
Phoenix
Oyasumi Punpun
Ping-pong
Doraemon
Jojo Bizarre Adventure
Vinland Saga
Cross game
Ashita no joe
Shinya Shokudo
Houro Musuko

Most important mangaka
Osamu Tezuka
well, i mean, he is the godfather of manga, one of the most productive mangaka, and his work are mostly timeless

I want to make list of other mangaka that deserve honorable mention, but, there's too many to mention, so i decide not to.

Shengar

I'm surprised by the mention of Prison School. You believe all women who like manga should read this, too?

It's not for the actual content, but rather the technique that Hiramoto Akira shows here regarding shading and paneling. I haven't seen any manga that able to match Prison School in both of those regard. Hiramoto's actual plotting is excellent too as almost everything that shown no matter how silly they are will become important later on, but I believe they are mangaka out there that surpassed him in this since this so far shown for the first part only. Meanwhile, if there is such thing like manga text book, I would like to make Prison School a text book example on shading and paneling.

Me and the Devil Blues might be better if you feel disgusted by how the woman portrayed there, but in shading and paneling, it still feel slightly less inferior to Prison School. Not to mention that Me and the Devil Blues isn't finished in any regard at this point. Well the manga is continued, but I haven't read the new chapter yet so I'm curious if Hiramoto skills from Prison School will make the already excellent Me and The Devil Blues even better.

mdubs

Banned
I can already tell this is going to be one of my favourites, so, so good already. Art style nicely stylized and clean, and the characters are a lot of fun already. The glimpse we saw of an actual performance was where the art really stood out, can't wait to see how it progresses and I hope WSJ (English) keeps it in their rotation after its 3 chapters are up.

Straighten-Up-01-03.png

Read all of Oyasumi Punpun over the last few days. All I can say is wow, what a ride.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I can already tell this is going to be one of my favourites, so, so good already. Art style nicely stylized and clean, and the characters are a lot of fun already. The glimpse we saw of an actual performance was where the art really stood out, can't wait to see how it progresses and I hope WSJ (English) keeps it in their rotation after its 3 chapters are up.

Straighten-Up-01-03.png

Read all of Oyasumi Punpun over the last few days. All I can say is wow, what a ride.

BASED YOKO

Prison School 177

IM IN TEARS

rrc1594

Fairy Tail 435

Friendship Yay. I don't give a fuck

Fairy Tail 436

Ohhh shit. This the first time a FT chapter has made me hyped in a LONG TIME. O shit I can't wait till the Star Wars moment. I knew Natsu was a demon they way he get these power ups like nothing.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm gonna re-read prison school again for a third time, I just can't get enough of how glorious it is.

I believe you are referring to Reiroukan Kenzai Nariya/Is Reiroukan still alive?

Booty had me like

oEzDx3g.jpg

Sibersk, you cool. Here's the ass. NSFW obviously.

Cat eyed girl actually has yellow eyes.

This is even better than I could've hoped for.

Now I have to catch up on Food Wars, manga has been doing me good.

so I spent all day reading Prison School.

MOTF

inMCgLCOtcdkH.gif

dani_dc

Prison School 177

Kiyoshi and his cellphone tricks are at it again.

That double page towards the end, so good.

I do wonder where that last page will be leading to

BASED YOKO

Prison School 177

IM IN TEARS

Prison School 177

OMG I cant *dead*

So many tears lol The ending was perfect.

"Tears"

Personally I think anyone who is okay with sexual content should read it, it's a beautifully written an drawn series.

World Trigger 102

That was a pretty good fight overall. Nice seeing both Nasu and Suzunari teams accomplishing something by the end, even if the Tamakoma still won in the end. Osamu though...I was rooting for him to be able to pull through but, even if his overall plan was good and secured them the win, still failed at the very end.

Akito

Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club 1-2
Finally got around to read this and while the series as a whole seems pretty cute and fun and stuff but I'm not sure it will catch on with the Japanese kids. Also I love YOKO as the next guy and it's really an unfair comparison but man, the art of Ballroom e Youkoso is so much more fabulous.

Zweizer

Banned
Yes, I enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for passing along, that interview was an interesting read.I'm a little sad that I've exhausted all of Asano's English stuff for now though.

Well, if you're looking for more stuff to read, you have but to ask~

people come and go

only the dedicated ones stay

What a harsh world.

Competition for that position is what drive us all.

I wasn't aware that there was a competition! Now I'm scared.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Victim is such an ugly word. I prefer the term "intellectually cultivated" myself~

Intellectually cultivated in realizing how insane everyone is in the story lol. Looking back at it, I hated the story for a few turns it did but overall was a very powerful one that leaves an impact on anyone who reads it.

Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club 1-2
Finally got around to read this and while the series as a whole seems pretty cute and fun and stuff but I'm not sure it will catch on with the Japanese kids. Also I love YOKO as the next guy and it's really an unfair comparison but man, the art of Ballroom e Youkoso is so much more fabulous.

Come on, Yoko is known for the story!!! The feels man! Onani Master Kurosawa and Molester Man are great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 435

Friendship Yay. I don't give a fuck

Fairy Tail 436

Ohhh shit. This the first time a FT chapter has made me hyped in a LONG TIME. O shit I can't wait till the Star Wars moment. I knew Natsu was a demon they way he get these power ups like nothing.

They also told us like 20 chapters ago that END stood for Etherias Natsu Dragneel, and we knew that Etherias were Zeref's demon squad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He didn't drop hints about Natsu being END the whole time, he explicitly told us he was END in the last arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom