• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, he got Magia Erebia from being Negi's Grandson/clone

And he got Magic Cancel because by extension he is the Great-Grandson of Akira, who also used some variation of it (and having blood ties to the Mage of the Beginning)

I mean, yeah, I get the obvious implication in how Asuna is supposed to fit into all of this, but given that she is 1)not around
for at least another 50 years
and 2) her romantic pairing with Negi was sunk in Negima (twice), I don't see how that would work here.

He's a clone of Negi and Asuna's lovechild

Asuna doesn't like Negi, and Negi is asexual.

I really do wonder. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Asuna was also a hardcore tsundere

ryan13ts

Speaking of recommendations, I really want a good battle/fighting shonen manga to pick up. I've read all the usual suspects (Big 3, Toriko, HxH, Fairy Tail, ect.), so I'm looking for something a little more obscure or not as readily known. While I do prefer shonen style for battle manga, I don't mind more adult style seinen either (Like Berserk or Claymore for example). Series that have characters with unique Powers/Abilties are usually a big hook for me, which is part of the reason I love One Piece so much. Natsu no Taizai is also a big favorite of mine as well, has all the trappings of what I like in a manga.

Anyone got any goood recommendations fitting those decriptions? Currently, I'm reading Tokyo Ghoul. I'm enjoying it, but I'm still looking for something to scratch that battle-style manga itch I have.

Lain

Speaking of recommendations, I really want a good battle/fighting shonen manga to pick up. I've read all the usual suspects (Big 3, Toriko, HxH, Fairy Tail, ect.), so I'm looking for something a little more obscure or not as readily known. While I do prefer shonen style for battle manga, I don't mind more adult style seinen either (Like Berserk or Claymore for example). Series that have characters with unique Powers/Abilties are usually a big hook for me, which is part of the reason I love One Piece so much. Natsu no Taizai is also a big favorite of mine as well, has all the trappings of what I like in a manga.

Anyone got any goood recommendations fitting those decriptions? Currently, I'm reading Tokyo Ghoul. I'm enjoying it, but I'm still looking for something to scratch that battle-style manga itch I have.

The answer to almost all questions is Ushio and Tora.

Vito

Banned
by Rensuke Oshikiri, author of High Score Girl

tumblr_npdtgfNSxO1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And how did said lovechild get made with a mother who wasn't around for nearly 90 years?

Sure, but her last 2 talks with Negi made it pretty clear she ought of him as an actual little brother, not a romantic interest.

Don't fight it

Zweizer

Banned

Have you read Kingdom and One-Punch Man? They're seinen, but they're arguably the best action manga currently running.

Keijo and Tsugumomo are two other series well worth checking.

dramatis

Add Mob Psycho 100 along with Zweizer's recommendations as well.

Angry Grimace

In all seriousness, in Negima none of the girls made any sense at all other than Asuna, but then Ken went out of his way to torpedo the ship for the purposes of ensuing he could write an ending where Negi picks no one despite that actually being a plot point at one point in the series.

Shiori Experience 5

Shiori and Hendrix-san team up with the baseball club later I would guess.

I wanted her to do Foxy Lady ):

Shin Kurosawa 29

Damn. Kojiemon ;_;7

In all seriousness, in Negima none of the girls made any sense at all other than Asuna, but then Ken went out of his way to torpedo the ship for the purposes of ensuing he could write an ending where Negi picks no one despite that actually being a plot point at one point in the series.

IIRC that whole Chao arc, complete with that tease at the end LOLOLOLOLOL

Such a troll

Don't dash my hopes and dreams!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ︵ ┻━┻

*shrug*

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 64

"Oh Fuuka reminds me of Fuuka"

How long will it take to get to the this to it's obvious conclusion?

Boku Wa Mari no Naka 51

I'm guessing Mari suffered some time of abuse as a child.
Interesting she actually started having a flashback, basically confirming that Mari really is Mari.

He should let Fuuka join the fucking band.

School Mermaid 9
That was rather touching in a flesh-eating kind of way. It suggests a level of sentience for the mermaids way beyond anything that's been hinted at in previous chapters. Hoping to see this developed, and maybe we'll find out what triggers their Berserker Mode soon. It better be soon, since tragically there're only 5 chapters left.

Usobuko

Banned

Konjiki no Gash ( Zatch Bell ).

Hot-blooded, easy to follow, absurd slapstick of humour and certainly a variety of powers displayed here.

What you're looking for is Jojo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is this extra proof that Hi Score Girl has gone to the Arcade shop in the sky :(

Look at the bright side. Maybe someday after the whole SNK vs SE debacle over, he could resume his work.

Grappler Baki
Law of Ueki
Anagle Mole
Hoshin Engi/Soul Hunter
Jojo Bizarre adventure (do notice that part 1 is kinda meh, but later part become much better)

Angry Grimace

I was thinking today whether Soma actually will beat Yugioh here. On the one hand, I think from a narrative standpoint, it would make more sense if he didn't, but from another view point, I feel like manga will never end if he's still a cooking genin by Chapter 200 or something.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I was thinking today whether Soma actually will beat Yugioh here. On the one hand, I think from a narrative standpoint, it would make more sense if he didn't, but from another view point, I feel like manga will never end if he's still a cooking genin by Chapter 200 or something.

namek when

Kieli

they're half-way through first year but there's already 120 chapters.

i predict 600 chapters in total.

Angry Grimace

Hopefully Soma discovers what girls are by Chapter 500

Marche90

Silver Spoon 112

Wx9S48T.png

RIP Hachiken, he's never going to live that down, the issue with the Nationals.

Anyway, troubles all around the corner and lots of laughter along the way. Man, I really miss this series being weekly. Shame about Arakawa's situation which forced her to slow down the pace of how many chapters she can draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom