• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nisekoi magical girl spinoff has nipples for the main girls.

i can't believe i, one of the generals of lewd, am saying this but...

nisekoi girls are too pure for this much lewd ;-;

bobohoro

Naruto 700+6

First chapter where it's so dumb it ain't even funny anymore. Sasuke/Naruto being utterly useless against small fry villains, Sakura out of nowhere being helpful and getting trapped in the enemy lair, everyone just being all around dumb. Chuchu (sp?) eating chips was the only good panel overall.

Bleach 629

Let me get off this damn elevator already!

One Piece 789

This arc had so much potential and awesome character setups and most of it ended up pushing a damn birdcage for half a dozen chapters. Don't even want to think about female characters in One Piece, of which Rebecca seemingly is a new low. I wanted a badass girl that can rival the monster trio since several arcs back, every potential candidate ended up being a dissapointment.

And started:

Assassination Classroom 1-25

This is pretty fun, also has a really powerful undertone of how discrimination works on a basic level. Kinda relevant in Austria right now, what with right-wing assholes demonizing refugees and people being all around dicks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The purpose of the Naruto arc is probably letting Sarada do something minor, yet useful that resolves everyone's problems.

X4nLWA6.png

The chapter in which Naruto/Sasuke fight together and Team 7 reunites turns out to be the worst chapter thus far.

Not even the least bit surprising.

ZOFabnC.png

This was easily the best moment not just in Bleach, but of all three releases this week.

Zaraki and Mayuri teaming up is going to be so much fun.

And overpowered.

XzcyZ5D.png

c72LLEW.png

Gatz is awesome.

Rebecca still royally sucks.

This arc needs to end badly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Spirit Circle

You could try making Fortuna look just a little less deranged.

Revo

Space Brothers 252

Serika :(
Just nothing seems to be going her way. Not that I expected her experiments to be going any place anytime soon, but combined with this negative press it's sad to see.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece 789

This arc had so much potential and awesome character setups and most of it ended up pushing a damn birdcage for half a dozen chapters. Don't even want to think about female characters in One Piece, of which Rebecca seemingly is a new low. I wanted a badass girl that can rival the monster trio since several arcs back, every potential candidate ended up being a dissapointment.

It's been THREE chapters.
I swear, you people wouldn't have survived weekly Skypiea or Enies Lobby.

dr labson

Neo Member
Keijo 1

I.. I don't even.

UO9ZG1j.jpg

How is this so good? All those ass techs, especially ass gatling gun.
I will definitely keep reading this.

Weekly Enies lobby was great. Everyone had pretty good fights that felt important. To me Doflamingo has been built up for so long, he's the only thing that keeps my focus and Sabo. Everything else jus pales in comparison.

BatDan

Enies lobby had stuff happening. This arc got sidetracked so many times.

You'd be surprised at how many people complained about Luffy vs Lucci taking too long.

Watch, in 5 years people will complain about the newest arc and look back fondly on Dressrosa. Happens every time.

You'd be surprised at how many people complained about Luffy vs Lucci taking too long.

Watch, in 5 years people will complain about the newest arc and look back fondly on Dressrosa. Happens every time.

People said that about Fishman Island but I thought it was bad back then and its bad now

Busaiku

Are there any sites like Comiclist, but for US anime/manga releases?
I know ANN does, but they only post them on certain days, and then it gets lost among their regular content.

Well, I too started reading Keijo.

...I think this first chapter did a better job selling me on the concept of butt battles than Team Ninja did with DOA Xtreme 2.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna keep reading this.

Angry Grimace

Silver Spoon turned to shit when stuff stopped actually happening and then Arakawa started heavily invoking the chickenshit-protagonist manga/anime trope by making everything filler shit with Hachiken being too much of a wuss to try and make a move on Mikage despite the fact they very clearly intend to marry each other.

The fact she's going on another hiatus just seals that she should have skipped the 2nd and 3rd years entirely - the 2nd year had almost no actual things happen in it and half of the third year is already over despite...nothing happening in it.

ryan13ts

At least during Enies Lobby and Skypiea, it was coming out every week barring maybe once or twice a year. Part of the reason this arc is dragging on forever is because of all the breaks Oda has been taking (He hasn't written more than 4 chapters at a time for what seems like over 2 years now).

Granted, I'd much rather him take needed breaks rather than burn himself out completely, but it's not helping an arc that already seems like it's gone on too long.

BatDan

At least during Enies Lobby and Skypiea, it was coming out every week barring maybe once or twice a year. Part of the reason this arc is dragging on forever is because of all the breaks Oda has been taking (He hasn't written more than 4 chapters at a time for what seems like over 2 years now).

Granted, I'd much rather him take needed breaks rather than burn himself out completely, but it's not helping an arc that already seems like it's gone on too long.

Let's not forget that he's taking the breaks because he worked himself into the hospital.
Sure it may cause things to "drag", but better a week off every 4 chapters than to have months and months of hiatuses.

ryan13ts

Let's not forget that he's taking the breaks because he worked himself into the hospital.
Sure it may cause things to "drag", but better a week off every 4 chapters than to have months and months of hiatuses.

True, which is exactly why I said I'd rather him take these breaks than get burned out and possibly just deciding to quit writing it all together.

That said, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's caused things to drag, especially in certain parts of the story. My hope is that future arcs will be shorter as to compensate for the breaks and possibly make the story flow together a little better.

Zweizer

Banned
Bridesmaid (One-shot) by Ratana Satis

A melancholic and angsty yuri short story about the unrequited love of a childhood friend as she assumes the role of the bridesmaid. Not particularily enjoyable, but the art is nice.

Natsu no Zenjitsu 31-33

4cf348L.gif

Fuck this.
Into the trash it goes.

Natsu no Zenjitsu 34

How can someone make a choice this wrong

Natsu no Zenjitsu END

Everything up to a certain point was good.
Fuck

Angry Grimace

OP of thread in the OT asking how to get swole has a Tadokoro avatar

checks out

Revo

How much worse did Magi get after the Magical School arc?

I don't think I minded most of the Magic school arc, but after it it got really long for its dumb parts and the current arc seems will at least be 50% dumb.

It's just a gradual slide downward with more and more annoying things piling on.

I did like when
they actually did another dungeon
but that only lasted a few chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom