• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdmen 12

Keep the throwing clothes off scenes please, so good.

Dont understand the thing in the sky and unfortunately I the kids wont either since no one has any idea what these are or even their backgrounds.

Zweizer

Banned
Koe de Oshigoto! ch50

They're famous~

uzQm41p.jpg

Yeah, it's a pretty damn harsh industry.

Boku No Hero Academia

Deku, the seemingly old, senile and mentally impaired guy is always awfully powerful. Especially if the most powerful hero you know is afraid of him.

dani_dc

Keijo!!!!!!!! 36

People that barely passed?
Bullshit, Nozomi was the only person to stand up for Kawai, if she barely passed then what the heck is Ooshimi doing there?

RIP Naka, your big heart will be missed.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch36

They'll be living together~

Too bad Naka won't be a regular.

(Nozomi is indeed the most dangerous of them all~)

Keijo ch36.5

Being too talented has some downsides, huh.

Revo

Keijo!!!!!!!! 36

Room of eccentrics.
Hopefully the tripping doesn't happen too much normally otherwise will get a bit annoying.

bobohoro

Oyasumi Punpun 1-8
That's.. totally not what I expected.

Read on~!

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 1-2

They saw her because they believed something to be there.
Oh welp, all that foreshadowing for a tragic ending already. Another heartbreaker incoming, I guess.
So looking forward to it.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re Vol 3 Cover

kPQ4U9M.jpg

This cover really does convey the psychological trauma Seidou went through.

Yo the cover for Vol 3 is looking really amazing. Ishida is back in the game because this cover has the same artistic feeling and atmosphere the other Tokyo Ghoul covers conveyed unlike the first 2 Vols of Re. I'm not saying the first 2 of Re are bad but they just feel misplaced as if ithey were from another series.

Based Seidowl.

Keijo!! 36

She was hauled into the bus it seems, what a fucking waste :/

Calling shenanigans on that "barely passed" stuff unless the other stragglers who were clearly inferior to those 2 are nowhere to be seen, hell even muscle girl is fucking pushing it right now.

Also i'm loving this predicament since we need some crazy slapstick to cut whatever tensions, Miyata loosing up some more and some new people to see growing (though with how easy another character was just shelved i'm a bit weary now tbh).

Naruto Gaiden

Why Kishimoto have to make Suigetsu have to make the reveal and make him look like the bad guy? I love his time skip design, he looks just as good as he did in the past though. Only changed was just facial structure, otherwise seems mostly comparable. Think Ive seen all the characters that were on my faves list in this epilogue.

Birdmen 13
CHqqEuYWUAAOTIc.png

That flying through the city scene was nice and good way to change the mood from being so sad about suicide to a bit better about moving on a bit. Could see why it was used as the last chapter for the volume.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

Why the fuck are you such a douche, Yamada? Don't tell Shiraishi you might dump her when she hasn't been in the plot for 90 chapters you fuck.

World Trigger 105

Hyuse was betrayed why is he not speaking much, unlike Enedora. Odd.

I didnt expect we'd go to Aftokrator soon, but the major problem is the God of the planet. Even if they go how will they solve that issue for them?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I, too, one day hope to earn the title of "Sexual Harassment Senpai." To be fair, Sara went along with the plan.

Revo

Birdmen 13

Good chapter that serves to open up one of the more distant characters.
The fact that it feels sorta dirty (but isn't) is even better.

BLack Clover 17

Wow Asta for best WSJ lead of 2015. That final page spread of being gravel the breaks diamonds was mindblowing. Thats like something a writer does in their 100th or so chapter, but this genius did it in his 17th. I cant even imagine how bigger future arcs will be. Yuno needs to get involved too.

Food Wars 122

Love Kuga's personality and what he aims for with cooking. The cover page to was great, SoKuga is second to SoTaku.

Kurokiba Ryou could have been recruited to Soma's side. I dont see how just Soma and Megumi could handle all the guests of the day.

Rhapsody

Banned
Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen 9

Well that was an underwhelming chapter before the hiatus it's having. Or at least it's supposedly restarting in the fall.
I like the main girl, but I don't really like any of the other characters all too much. It'd be more interesting if it just focused on her.

Angry Grimace

Speaking of sexual harassment senpai, why the fuck is Yuu's entire band such clueless nitwits? Like none of them are capable of doing shit, all they do is bitch that Yuu needs to do more shit for them. For fuck's sake.

Please Stop, I’ll Die (a.k.a Touhou doujin overload #4.75)
Well that's creepy as fuck. Though I can think of enough problems with this interpretation of Alice to fill an empty donation box.

I think that resuming my doujin diet after a hiatus has given me a stronger appreciation for it. Partially because it feels fresher after a break, and partially because I now better appreciate its quality when compared to all the crap manga I’ve suffered through. I did try reading some Kancolle works recently (just because), but my interest in that outside of the Abyssals sank pretty quickly.

That's understandable, and yeah, Millet Soup pretty much only creates stories centered around the EoSD cast.

I share your frustration with the lack of attention towards the newer cast, though it's sadly nothing new in the fandom (heck, we're only getting more releases covering the UFO cast now). If you haven't read it yet, you might be interested in the very awesome Scichil's newest work, Vector Spectacle (First part), which stars a scorned Sukuna and a hunted Seija following the events of DDC.
Funnily enough, I was so desperate for Seija material I actually skimmed through the raw of Vector Spectacle 1 (+2) recently and thought it looked fantastic, so to see it translated flipped me upside-down. It's definitely one of the best reads from my recent splurge, with a great mix of crazy gags, inflatable plot and based amanojaku. Probably would've missed it for ages if you hadn't flagged it up (I'm working backwards chronologically), so thanks!

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary ch19

One-eye the best~

This post has been sponsored by A Huge Battleship.
I endorse this post
again.

bobohoro

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 18

Awwwww.
Yuuko-san is so cute.
Although I'd have liked for him to interact with shadow Yuuko as well, I guess that's something that will happen later on then.

Rhapsody

Banned
Speaking of sexual harassment senpai, why the fuck is Yuu's entire band such clueless nitwits? Like none of them are capable of doing shit, all they do is bitch that Yuu needs to do more shit for them. For fuck's sake.

Because most of them didn't finish high school. The only one that did just let's Yuu do whatever he wants.

Zweizer

Banned
Funnily enough, I was so desperate for Seija material I actually skimmed through the raw of Vector Spectacle 1 (+2) recently and thought it looked fantastic, so to see it translated flipped me upside-down. It's definitely one of the best reads from my recent splurge, with a great mix of crazy gags, inflatable plot and based amanojaku. Probably would've missed it for ages if you hadn't flagged it up (I'm working backwards chronologically), so thanks!

Glad that you enjoyed it. The artist is one of my favorites~

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hinamatsuri 45
THE PERFECT DAUGHTER. I'm in tears ;_:

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 4

Really hoping for this one to not getting axed. So far it's solid

The New Kurosawa 31

So, i guess in this chapter, Fukumoto told us to not be wasteful huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom