• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Punch Man 49

More adventures with Garou! One thing I do like about this, it's showing how bad ass all these side characters really are. It's a whole universe of cool dudes. Although with the pacing like this, makes me wonder how long it'll take to get to the big arc? I think Murata wants to add some plot lines and lead into to some future elements better than in the original. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

DEM III

uoKJI9o.jpg

A boy meets up with a deux ex machina and they start to be friends.

Not bad as an one shot, it's ok.

But, more importantly, the end of this gives the suggestion that his previous two one shots will all become related which sounds great for me!

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 33

OfoulTB.jpg

Hinami really has grown.

I really loved the conversation between Hinami and Haise on how it conveyed how much Hinami really loves her onii-chan. Seriously I hope she doesn't get killed off, I'll end up getting really pissed. Tsukiyama's dad seems like a great character. I liked how he literally shouted through the windows to get the servants attention. It was pretty interesting information on how the Tsukiyama Family have trouble with having a Kakuja due to genes. The interactions between the Aogiri members was pretty fun especially seeing how Seidou was screwing around with Ayato. It's also nice to see Ayato humanized and genuinely caring for Hinami and wanting her to be safe. However Tarata is correct about it not being worth the risk in saving Hinami from Cochela.

wMDuCSj.jpg
RProXtl.jpg

Nier Reference?

He has to be V. I mean the way his position and mouth was set up in the first panel looked like V.

Dragonball Super 001

So Beerus destroyed some planets before meeting up with Goku.... I hope the new TV series is more then just pre BotG since it is rumoured to be 100 episode or more

Sai

Tsugumomo

Kukuri... ;_;

Kinda strange that Kanaka didn't seem to know Ascension before, even though she was being hailed as some kind of super prodigy.

Takemitsuzamurai v04-v05

Steadily retaining its position amongst the greats. Can't shake the feeling that the lead won't be alive at the end of this tale :(

Revo

Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference 2

So that's how the kappa meeting went.
I guess Kurou will have to come deal with steel beam

Saki 144

So I guess Saki is now almost monthly, pretty much... it's supposed to be every other week, but after the announcement that the next chapter will be in a month, there will have been only 2 chapters in the last 6 issues, as of next issue. Argh, this match will never end at this pace...

But when a chapter does happen, at least it's pretty good! In this chapter, Sawaya's power is revealed. It's not a Christian power as expected from someone attending a Catholic school; instead, it's based on Ainu gods. Kind of interesting. She badly needs crazy-awesome hands in order to have even the slightest chance of moving on, and so uses one of her powers to try to get one. She almost has it, get to tenpai (one tile away from winning) while Kyouko, scared, tries to not deal in to what she thinks Sawaya probably has... the tile Sawaya needs probably is about to end up in Kyouko;'s hand... and then...

Nelly trolls the whole table! Rinshan Kaihou, 2000/4000, Nelly wins the hand. :lol Yes, she seriously uses Saki's signature move, the Rinshan Kaihou. That should mess with Saki a bit, and of course winning with a low-point hand when Sawaya had a huge one almost there won't make her happy. We don't know what Nelly's powers are, other than that she's supposed to be one of the better players here, and she'd rather keep in that way (keep people guessing until you absolutely must reveal your powers, she's said; she did not like how Megan showed some of her powers at the end of her match), but it's hard to imagine that her getting a RInshan Kaihou here is an accident. I just don't know why. So yeah, Nelly is turning out to be strong indeed -- she keeps winning hands despite the quality of the competition.

So the question remains, how will Saki break out of her current struggles and win the points needed to get to the finals?

Fairy Tail Zero 12

I know this has been hinted since chapter 1, but Zera should have been a real person. This isn't the kind of thing I read a Fairy Tail series for... :(

DEM III

A boy meets up with a deux ex machina and they start to be friends.

Not bad as an one shot, it's ok.

But, more importantly, the end of this gives the suggestion that his previous two one shots will all become related which sounds great for me!
He's been doing Tokiwa Kitareri since December brah.

Rhapsody

Banned
I heard Yamada-kun, the anime, is actually ending next episode? I haven't watched it, but I wonder if it's going for some original ending or cliffhanger with a split cour.
Either way, I wish I could've gotten friends to read it instead of watch it.

VRMN

I heard Yamada-kun, the anime, is actually ending next episode? I haven't watched it, but I wonder if it's going for some original ending or cliffhanger with a split cour.
Either way, I wish I could've gotten friends to read it instead of watch it.

It's so ridiculously rushed. It's done as well as they possibly could, but they're at the end of the first megaarc going into the final episode, which is a fine ending point...some might argue the manga should have ended there too. It'll wind up being something like 90 chapters covered in 12 episodes, though; it's insane.

Aizo

Banned
My friend recently asked for a legitimately good romance manga recommendation, and said "...one that progresses further than holding hands and actually feels real?"

I recommended Husky & Medley, but nothing much else came to mind. Any ideas?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
My friend recently asked for a legitimately good romance manga recommendation, and said "...one that progresses further than holding hands and actually feels real?"

I've always loved Kimi no Todoke, but shit that thing moves glacial. They do actual date at one point, but if you aren't fond of the whole "lol misunderstandings I can never talk to them again" trope then this will kill you. Still pretty good though

VRMN

I'm fond of Say "I Love You," personally. I have others, but they're not really romance focused as much. Like Minamoto-kun Monogatari has much more than holding hands, but it's not a singular romance, either.

Aizo

Banned
I've always loved Kimi no Todoke, but shit that thing moves glacial. They do actual date at one point, but if you aren't fond of the whole "lol misunderstandings I can never talk to them again" trope then this will kill you. Still pretty good though

I'm fond of Say "I Love You," personally. I have others, but they're not really romance focused as much. Like Minamoto-kun Monogatari has much more than holding hands, but it's not a singular romance, either.
I think Shoujo romance full of Shoujo tropes would drive my friend insane. I personally think of my experiences and cannot get into either of those series. They're so unreal.

Zweizer

Banned

Molester Man is rather similar to Husky & Medley, so you can recommend that.

Other good romances I'd suggest are Solanin, Goodnight Punpun, Boys on the Run, Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu, Nana to Kaoru, Bonnouji and Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi.

Zweizer

Banned
Hana to Alice ch9

Always choose a good, strong passcode, folks!

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch39

As expected, the original is on a whole other level.

Usobuko

Banned
Is New Lone Wolf and Cub as good as the original series? I am a bit hesitant on what looks more like a cash-in than another intriguing tale, this time with Daigoro as the lead.

Sekitou Elergy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Shoujo romance full of Shoujo tropes would drive my friend insane. I personally think of my experiences and cannot get into either of those series. They're so unreal.

Shojo tropes drive me insane. I still can't fathom how MangaGAF convinces itself shojo is less garbage than anything else.

Zweizer

Banned
Shojo tropes drive me insane. I still can't fathom how MangaGAF convinces itself shojo is less garbage than anything else.

Eh, I don't feel most of MangaGAF view shojo more favorably than other demographics. Then again not that many people around here read a lot of shojo series to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom