• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Hajime no Ippo 1092

Tiger Uppercut!

and now to wait a several months for more T.T
Can anyone elaborate as to why they take so long? I heard the author was ill or something.

Dragonball Super 1

It's here and it looks like first arc is just battle of the gods again

Yeah I just read that.. hmm I wonder if there'll be a time skip then, I guess there has to be one.

VRMN

Yeah I just read that.. hmm I wonder if there'll be a time skip then, I guess there has to be one.

If they're going to do Battle of Gods, they're probably also going to do Revival of F as the second arc, too. Though Revival of F did get that short manga version.

I kind of hope the anime does this too, just for the lulz. "Oh you've waited 20 years for a sequel...and the first 10 episodes or so are just the recent movies cut up into 24 minute chunks."

Rainy

Banned
Girls of the Wild's 193

I really want Queen to get together with Jaegu in the end but she literally has had no character development at all it seems. Meanwhile Daldal keeps going at it.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
If they're going to do Battle of Gods, they're probably also going to do Revival of F as the second arc, too. Though Revival of F did get that short manga version.

I kind of hope the anime does this too, just for the lulz. "Oh you've waited 20 years for a sequel...and the first 10 episodes or so are just the recent movies cut up into 24 minute chunks."

Oh, now that would be very annoying :(
It's totally gonna be like that isn't it?

Foolworm

Umaru

Woosh, another girl? Man, the 2 generations match up too well. It's uncanny.

Dragon Ball Super

This isn't Toyble, is it? He actually became an ascended fanboy?

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 33
Gourmet is a product of incest. Well that certainly explains ... things.

Talking about Kaneki in front of camera's doesn't seem like the brightest idea but I'm glad to get a prolonged Hinami appearance. I'm liking her :re version more and more. But Ishida needs to nuke the developing Ayahina from the orbit. ._.

Neat build up chapter overall. Tatara appearance (he got old), Shachi mention (since when is he a coward?)and especially Takizawa fucking around with Ayato were fun to see.

Also RIP sexy, white haired Ken. If this is to be the price to pay for him starting to find balance between the ghoul and human world it's way, way to steep.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 33

I just thought of something, has this been explained? Sasaki says that she's a ghoul but he's also a ghoul, can he eat more then human flesh and coffee without vomitng now?

phaze

I just thought of something, has this been explained? Sasaki says that she's a ghoul but he's also a ghoul, can he eat more then human flesh and coffee without vomitng now?

He hasn't been shown eating anything yetso I doubt it. Maybe he's fed on some ghoul scraps they get ? On the other hand, I've no idea how he manages to cook edible meals with his broken taste buds.

The new investigator struck exactly the same pose as the V guy during convo with Yoshimura. CCG in cahoots with V confirmed.

Hanamaru Youchien 2

It feels like Yotsubato! I think I will enjoy the hell out of it xD

1434885736-nouvelle-image-bitmap.png

Cute~~

Lain

Otaku's Daughter volumes 1-11

This was an interesting read, full of citations, reflections, good and bad moments as well as the full out cringe-worthy ones (Chihiro, Kimiko, Nozomi all contributed to these, with Kota adding some too).
While going from volume to volume I kept having this weird feeling, as if something bad was about to happen, to turn the atmosphere of the story in something darker though it never materialized. Well, I'd maybe argue that at the end it did materialize, and some darker moments did also surface before it thanks to character like Kimiko, Taeko's mom, with her behavior and relationship with her daughter.

It was nice seeing Kota changing over the course of the story from a complete idiot that couldn't even take care of a kid to a more responsible parent. I couldn't help shaking my head at some of his actions, like not running back home when Kanau was ill because he was buying some stupid figure, so seeing him finally put his daughter before everything else by the end of the story was pretty cool. Thoiugh every coin has two sides, and seeing how he got back to his senses because of Haruka and yet he hurt her feelings in such a way was maddening.

Speaking of Haruka, I didn't like how she didn't re-appear in the end and only made a re-appearance in the extra at the end, with the implication that she gave birth to Kota's child but without Kota having any clue about it (yet again). I would have preferred a different resolution to that. I'm gonna sidestep the whole thing about when she supposedly got pregnant, which I guess she did it when Kota was in his catatonic state.

I also felt bad for the invisible Nagato family, though at least in the end they got their time to shine... for a couple pages.

It was an entertaining but also deep story, with some funny and interesting characters. The comedy isn't something that would sit well with everyone (thinking about Chihiro mainly) and I would have preferred an ending arranged a bit differently, but it was a great experience that was worth chasing down the first volume to finally get a chance to read the whole story.

Zweizer

Banned
After Hours ch1 by Nishio Yuuta

A somewhat timid girl gets lost in a night club, and an outgoing girl helps her. Pretty cute first chapter, with plenty of yuri. It has some potential, so I'm curious to see how it'll develop.

Revo

Soul Cartel 180

Current situation is a huge jump from right before it, but whatever.
As long as it stays consistent enough, that's fine.

He hasn't been shown eating anything yetso I doubt it. Maybe he's fed on some ghoul scraps they get ? On the other hand, I've no idea how he manages to cook edible meals with his broken taste buds.

Probably the same way the ghouls at Anteiku and Arata used to: with practice. Of course, Sasaki is probably subconsciously pulling form his experience making food at Anteiku.

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch41

Hmm, I hope their plan will succeed somehow, considering how much work they've put into it.

Kyuur

Stopped by a book store as I was waiting to see Mad Max the other day, and look what I got my hands on!

I thought this wasn't releasing till July! Anyways, glad its finally here. Maybe will do a write up on the differences between the official volumes and the scanlations at some point!

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 33

So Gourmet can't become a Kakuja due to his lineage? I wonder what's going to happen to him. The way his dad broke the window and bellowed was hilarious.

Insight into Aogiri is always great. Tatara is still truly menacing, a great counterpart to Arima and the Washuus at CCG. Despite his joining into Aogiri, it seems that Shachi is still very much the person his ward described him as. Hope we get to learn about him soon, his brief appearances in the first series were some of my favorites.

Can't say I give a shit about Ayato despite the authors attempts to humanize him :lol:

Poor Hinami. :( I like how it's come full circle, she's back to helping 'Ken' take down Aogiri. Sasaki seems to be slowly coming back to the realizing how shit Ghouls have it. It'll probably reach its climax with the reappearance of Amon.

Glad to see there will be focus on the Tsukiyama family in this next arc. Another mirror to the original I think, with the third major arc focusing in on him?

Went and re-read, and you have a point. Everytime he's sitting with someone else eating, he never is. Maybe CCG provides him something like the sugar cubes?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah I agree. This feels kinda dumb honestly, especially with the YOU WILL BE EXPELLED THREAT since we've been over that like 200 times, it means he can't lose substantially
He doesn't need to lose substantially. He already lost the tournament and he's supposed to be super awesome. I don't need to see him fail more really.

phaze

Probably the same way the ghouls at Anteiku and Arata used to: with practice. Of course, Sasaki is probably subconsciously pulling form his experience making food at Anteiku.

I always imagined Anteiku just bought an already prepped food from somewhere and just served it at their place. :p

Poor Hinami. :( I like how it's come full circle, she's back to helping 'Ken' take down Aogiri. Sasaki seems to be slowly coming back to the realizing how shit Ghouls have it. It'll probably reach its climax with the reappearance of Amon.

Glad to see there will be focus on the Tsukiyama family in this next arc. Another mirror to the original I think, with the third major arc focusing in on him?

Even the opening page with Tsukiyama and Kaneki is basically the same as in the original. And the former appears on the last page of ch 32 in both.

Tower of God 155

Maybe I should wait for some chapters to accumulate, not enjoying it very much on a weekly basis.

FUG actions still make little sense but Jinsung is a pretty fun character.

So after finishing the JoJo anime I was thinking of picking up the Manga Vols released so far.

How are the released Vols so far if anyone has gotten them?

Vito

Banned
After Hours ch1 by Nishio Yuuta

Oh finally, digital raws look like poo though. Author drew some a nice Asuka recently

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=50948657&mode=medium

Good lord

For those not wanting a reupload: http://mantan-web.jp/gallery/2015/06/21/20150621dog00m200006000c/001.html I like heiji, but I wish he'd source better (and not work for ANN). Also god damn it, twitter's embedding sucks dick, I always miss whatever mantan posts cause I don't see it.

D-Gray Man Vol 12

This was an enjoyable Vol. It contained Krory's fight with Jasdevi which was really good. I loved how Krory basically had his innocence blood takeover and just literally destroy Jasdevi like they were nothing. Though I really loved Krory's inner monologue with Eliade, it was nice. But damn was it sad seeing Krory go down once he finished his fight because he was out of strength and couldn't move so the building crumbled on him.

I really enjoy the Allen and Lenalee moments because I ship them due to how compatible they are to each other. But then this happened.....

Yeah Road is definitely a fan of Allen. I really do like her character because of how straightforward her personality is. Plus I love her little reaction faces she makes. But damn the fight with Tykki Mikki and Allen was hype as fuck especially when Allen finally pulled out that Buster Sword and became General level in innocence ability. It sucks that Lenalee and Chaoji are stuck in that cube Road created and that Levi is fighting himself. Next Vol will be about Levi pulling through.

Dragon Ball Super 1

So is this a separate thing or a prequel to the TV series or something? It's not an adaptation right?

Anyway Goku driving a tractor after saving the Earth 20 times is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom