• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
JoJo Part 5 Vento Aureo Vol 1-3

What happened to the art?
Nearly every main character design is horrendous, they look like some Nomura characters after years of meth.
I can't tell who's a male or a female any longer, and giving female names to everyone doesn't help.

I miss Part 4, I just want this to end.

I admit i thought narancia was a girl the first time i saw him...

Shojo is actively more garbage than shonen is most of the time. This is a fact, it just makes people feel special if they read shojo.

Horror shoujo is cool yo.

The Arms Peddler Vol 7 is being released in July. All bow before our lord and savior manga.

It's that good huh? i'll try reading it.

I'm surprised somebody noticed hahaha.
I didn't notice, but i usually notice poster by looking at their avatar or tag. :3

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile 4

This just feels like a retread of the main story honestly

Terra Formars 127

A skunk girl shoots skunk juice out of her ass at a wolf guys nose and then he explodes because it's flammable

TERRA FORMARS

JoJo Part 5 Vento Aureo Vol 1-3

What happened to the art?
Nearly every main character design is horrendous, they look like some Nomura characters after years of meth.
I can't tell who's a male or a female any longer, and giving female names to everyone doesn't help.

I miss Part 4, I just want this to end.

Part 5 is the most feminine/fabulous part. Yes, even moreso then Part 6 where most of the cast is women. I thought Narancia was a girl for half of Part 5,

But on average it also has the best fights. Probably not as awesome as DIO vs Jotaro or Highway Star in Part 4 taken by themselves but White Album and Green Day/Oasis are pretty awesome. The fights in Part 6 get pretty messy, but mostly do to the fact that the Stand abilities are really, really hard to convey properly.
But Dragon's Dream just sucks.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's so ridiculously rushed. It's done as well as they possibly could, but they're at the end of the first megaarc going into the final episode, which is a fine ending point...some might argue the manga should have ended there too. It'll wind up being something like 90 chapters covered in 12 episodes, though; it's insane.

I actually wrote that assuming that they just met the last witch. I did not think they were going to cram that whole arc into a few episodes. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I heard Yamada-kun, the anime, is actually ending next episode? I haven't watched it, but I wonder if it's going for some original ending or cliffhanger with a split cour.
Either way, I wish I could've gotten friends to read it instead of watch it.

They just condensed every non-Odagiri or Shiraishi arc down to one episode.

0Ly6swl.jpg

The day she finds out who dear papa is will be a magical one.

And I'm always thankful Shokugeki no Soma gets so many colored pages.

Nisekoi 175

Hes going to choose Onodera anyway, No matter what "Raku Dearest" tries or Chitoge, plus she had numerous opportunities to reveal her feelings. Her love story is best left to fanartists to pen noncanon material after this series ends.

Naruto Gaiden 700 + 8

Its so hard getting used to Sakura calling Sasuke her husband, and Sasuke calling Sakura his wife. It feels so awkward.

I wonder if Sakura was thinking of the SasuNaru kiss from back in the day.

Folie a Deux
CIJSfEbW8AAkATV.png

This reminds me of a manga called It Vorspiel which is extremely similar if I remember correctly.

More shocked someone from Funimation and Sentai has time to do a manga, though maybe thats why there are many typos in funi subs ;/

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My friend recently asked for a legitimately good romance manga recommendation, and said "...one that progresses further than holding hands and actually feels real?"

I recommended Husky & Medley, but nothing much else came to mind. Any ideas?
Saikano , but its more tragedy than romance.

My friend recently asked for a legitimately good romance manga recommendation, and said "...one that progresses further than holding hands and actually feels real?"

I recommended Husky & Medley, but nothing much else came to mind. Any ideas?

Uwagaki if you haven't yet. Molester Man is OK too.

Food Wars 123

I went to a Hunan place unfortunately i didnt get the name of what I tried because the chinese coworker there ordered stuff and didnt tell me the names and the server was chinese too so they barely talked to me in english except for saying that I was cute. It was hunan chicken with dry peppers and was so good. I wonder if a sizuan place is nearby here in SWVA.

Slightly growing abit more agitated, Soma really taking on Kuga with this little cart, though Kuga can probably instantly crush him in numbers since he probably has way more space than Soma does for food in his building.

Chronos Ruler

Demons can reverse time at a cost, it's up to one guy whose time has reversed to stop them.

Not a bad one shot. I like the premise and the art's nice. The use of slowing up and speeding up immediate time is a nice power and the demons' designs were pretty cool.

Looking forward to see what the full series brings with this idea.

Chronos Ruler 01-02

Back to the time stealing demons, only this time with one more pretty boy.

It's slowing down on the speed of the plot, which does allow more explanation of the plot and the backstory of each character.

Having two characters does give more of a dynamic of the demon slayers and it does allow more time based powers.

also lol at white hair being the dad of glasses guy

mAr4FHx.png

This was the only interesting part in the entire chapter.

Are the colored pages from WSJ's official website or something? Because that chapter didn't get any color pages officially.

It's the colored edition from the Jump+ staff.

Far as I know, SnS is the only one from WSJ that gets a colored chapter from them weekly.

Chronos Ruler 01-02

Back to the time stealing demons, only this time with one more pretty boy.

It's slowing down on the speed of the plot, which does allow more explanation of the plot and the backstory of each character.

Having two characters does give more of a dynamic of the demon slayers and it does allow more time based powers.

also lol at white hair being the dad of glasses guy

I wish it ran in regular jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom