• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

JoJo Part 5 Vento Aureo Vol 1-3

What happened to the art?
Nearly every main character design is horrendous, they look like some Nomura characters after years of meth.
I can't tell who's a male or a female any longer, and giving female names to everyone doesn't help.

I miss Part 4, I just want this to end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shojo is actively more garbage than shonen is most of the time. This is a fact, it just makes people feel special if they read shojo.

BLack Clover 18

I hope the magic scroll contents is explained sooner rather than later. I always hate that trope of keeping whatever a thing is that is secret, secret for many many chapters.

Also didnt expect that the arc conflict was actually continuing. But Asta did need an upgrade.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 123

Goddamn is Yugioh the most boring villain in a while. He's just generically kind of an arrogant prick, but not enough to really elicit any kind of reaction to him or anything he does.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Soma 123

Goddamn is Yugioh the most boring villain in a while. He's just generically kind of an arrogant prick, but not enough to really elicit any kind of reaction to him or anything he does.
At least soma is tackling the worst elite 10
other than Erina of course
first!

Angry Grimace

At least soma is tackling the worst elite 10
other than Erina of course
first!

Seems like you're stuck with more Erina though. She's shown up in the last 4 chapters in entirely different situations for no real reason. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the character's popularity convinced the authors to make her more present.

Aizo

Banned
Molester Man is rather similar to Husky & Medley, so you can recommend that.

Other good romances I'd suggest are Solanin, Goodnight Punpun, Boys on the Run, Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu, Nana to Kaoru, Bonnouji and Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi.
I've read all those except the last two. I think he's read at least Solanin and Punpun.
I
Sekitou Elergy.
I don't remember him telling me that he wanted to be depressed, but I love this one.

Nearly every main character design is horrendous, they look like some Nomura characters after years of meth.
I can't tell who's a male or a female any longer, and giving female names to everyone doesn't help.

What did you think of part 4?

Both Shounen and Shoujo are mistakes, they are nothing but trash.

Soma 123

Gotta wait for the defeat (or near defeat) before the some character development happens i guess :p

Zweizer

Banned

Some of the fights are pretty great, but otherwise it's probably the weakest Part.

I've read all those except the last two. I think he's read at least Solanin and Punpun.

I don't remember him telling me that he wanted to be depressed, but I love this one.

Well, Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi might be a tad depressing as well.

the aizo is gone

Yeah, what happened?

Both Shounen and Shoujo are mistakes, they are nothing but trash.

Smut shall take over~

Aizo

Banned
I think I'm finally back in a manga phase. I was out camping this weekend, and I read a few volumes of Touch, 6 (or more, perhaps?) volumes of 20th Century Boys, and re-read half of the first punpun volume.

20th Century Boys Vol. 8-15
I was starting to get annoyed with how slowly this was moving, but after the death of
Friend
, things became more interesting again. Right now, they skipped more time after the expo, and I'm just trying to follow everything again. Finally get used to all the dense info and every character's story, but then there's a timeskip. I'm shocked at how this series is so long.
Touch Vol. 2-4
Pretty cute. I read pretty slowly in Japanese, so I can't just zoom through this or Punpun, but it's enjoyable.
the aizo is gone
I'm surprised somebody noticed hahaha.

Rhapsody

Banned
I find the way how shoujo tries to stretch itself amusing sometimes. For romance in shounen, it drags on by having the couple never know that they like each other.

In Shoujo, it's usually a large set of chapters full of misunderstandings or "what is this feeling that I'm having". lol

I don't read too many shoujo's. If I do, it's one that's more middle groundish (imo) like Kaibutsu-kun.

Angry Grimace

Its along the same lines of when people claim to want to see people actually get into relationships in manga/anime even though that is almost always so boring as to have its own trope name. It just ends up with contrived bullshit to get over the fact that its boring, e.g. main love interest gets put on a bus to nowhere for a long time, main love interest dies so we can start a different one, love triangle via third party interested in main character (who will they choose?!).

From what I hear Part 5 is the second most popular part after Stardust Crusaders in Japan.

Aizo

Banned
Man it feels weird when peopel suddenly change their name like that.

I think I'm still gonna call you Aizo~
I'll still answer to that. I just thought it might be easier for people to remember or reproduce the name if it were shorter.

I'm flattered that I'm remembered ;_;

Furyous

Fury/Kuang Shen 19

Mask guy is Demon clan spy. This got resolved quickly now let's get back to protagonist's adventures in human realm as a human raised in beast territory. He's going to get all types of sympathy "love" after this revelation gets out.

Its along the same lines of when people claim to want to see people actually get into relationships in manga/anime even though that is almost always so boring as to have its own trope name. It just ends up with contrived bullshit to get over the fact that its boring, e.g. main love interest gets put on a bus to nowhere for a long time, main love interest dies so we can start a different one, love triangle via third party interested in main character (who will they choose?!).

you could at least choose a trope where the anime/manga examples aren't outnumbered by the anime/manga aversions 5 to 1.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile 4

Ah, another big business wants to dominate france.
I guess Shinomiya is just a big business buster.

Zweizer

Banned

Angry Grimace

cite your sources otherwise you just have an opinion

I didn't realize I could state "X is boring" without it being an opinion. I will never understand how explaining how something is actually an opinion is a thing people bring up, like ever.

Besides, the listed examples are dumb anyways because any negative-associated trope gets a bunch of people climbing over themselves to add why their favorite series doesn't do that one. Relationships resulting in shenanigans is pretty standard fare.

From what I hear Part 5 is the second most popular part after Stardust Crusaders in Japan.

Very popular with the ladies. I remember a long time ago when the last JoJo fighting game was announcing characters live, the part 5 characters would come up and you would hear an EXPLOSION of fangirl squeals.

Lain

I'll still answer to that. I just thought it might be easier for people to remember or reproduce the name if it were shorter.

I'm flattered that I'm remembered ;_;

I'll always remember you as the dog that built the MechaKurita to take over the world (I still chuckle remembering that pic).

Kurita

Speaking of which the Death Note drama will be airing on Crunchyroll!

And I'm still hyped to see the Tonari no Seki-kun drama.

Aizo

Banned
Aizo is even shorter though!
Too short!
I'll always remember you as the dog that built the MechaKurita to take over the world (I still chuckle remembering that pic).
Thank you. I don't know if Kurita loves it as much as I do. I don't remember the context hahah.
kN87oBy.png

Aizo

Banned
Anyone knows what's the story behind this?
It started with this post:here
I guess Kurita posted a picture of a shirt that he got, so I posted his old avatar of his face above the shirt to see what the full body of Kurita looks like. Then, Kurita said that he had no legs, so Dresden posted some legs he found on the internet (?)
Kurita then said he needed arms, or at least a right arm, so I then created Kuritabot in MS paint.
[Source]

Zweizer

Banned
I think we somehow ended up describing Kurita and this was the end result
I had my face as an avatar, and posted a picture of my Gaimon shirt.
Then this happened. A masterpiece!

I wonder how the Kuritabot would look today.

It started with this post:here
I guess Kurita posted a picture of a shirt that he got, so I posted his old avatar of his face above the shirt to see what the full body of Kurita looks like. Then, Kurita said that he had no legs, so Dresden posted some legs he found on the internet (?)
Kurita then said he needed arms, or at least a right arm, so I then created Kuritabot in MS paint.
[Source]

Hahaha, that's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom