• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Grappler Baki: Baki Dou 66

R.I.P Jobber man. may you go to Jobber heaven, where you will forever serve as the litmus test for new badass villain of the arc.

bobohoro

Prison School 180

That was one of the greatest displays of friends helping each other getting over serious shit/pee in life. Brought a tear to my eyes.

Nisekoi 176

All of this would be ok for a harem-manga only a couple dozen chapters in.

Boku No Hero Academia 48

Now that's how you do a shounen power up.
And I sense tragedy ahead.

Minamoto 169-170
tWnnREG.png
Yes, it's important that Tsukiko reflects on her actions. I think we need another chapter entirely devoted to Tsukiko reflecting on her actions. Or an arc. Or a spin-off manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Attention: Yui chapters that have no chance of disrupting the status quo

dramatis

Doubutsu no Oishasan 01

I don't care much for animals, but this seems like it might be interesting. After all, what could be wrong with a guy who is prophesied to become a vet raising a chicken and a dog under the same roof?

But I'm suffering from the same malaise as Haly, Soma, scy, and Phillip are so I will continue reading this some other time.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 176

The art looks less and less shounen as the chapters go on. Good that Raku is avoiding Chitoge. Chitoge needs to hurry up and confront him about it. Marika talking about Yui was a pretty good scene. Marika has a much better resolve than Yui because of the differences. Yui's going to get nowhere.

JoJo Bizzare Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Shigechi you may have been a hardass and a bit of a greedy brat
but you shouldn't have been killed that way. Getting erased by a Stand is just too much. At least you've delivered a bit of evidence to Josuke and Okuyasu. RIP brave soldier.

Also as much as I fucking hate Kira Yoshikage so much he is a very good Villain so far. Him being a cunning, clever, and a intelligent charcter makes him such a interesting villain. Unlike Dio who was loud, obnoxious, and arrogant, Kira is very cautious and never tries to leave any evidence. He's quite a huge contrast to other Villains so far. Plus his Stand Killer Queen is strong as fuck.
He can basically erase anybody through his bombs and his bombs on his hands can work independently.

Lain

Doubutsu no Oishasan 01

I don't care much for animals, but this seems like it might be interesting. After all, what could be wrong with a guy who is prophesied to become a vet raising a chicken and a dog under the same roof?

But I'm suffering from the same malaise as Haly, Soma, scy, and Phillip are so I will continue reading this some other time.

I hope it's curable.

JoJo Bizzare Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Shigechi you may have been a hardass and a bit of a greedy brat
but you shouldn't have been killed that way. Getting erased by a Stand is just too much. At least you've delivered a bit of evidence to Josuke and Okuyasu. RIP brave soldier.

Also as much as I fucking hate Kira Yoshikage so much he is a very good Villain so far. Him being a cunning, clever, and a intelligent charcter makes him such a interesting villain. Unlike Dio who was loud, obnoxious, and arrogant, Kira is very cautious and never tries to leave any evidence. He's quite a huge contrast to other Villains so far. Plus his Stand Killer Queen is strong as fuck.
He can basically erase anybody through his bombs and his bombs on his hands can work independently.

One of the best user/stand combos in the series. Killer Queen's design is also boss as hell

phaze

Berserk 250-312

So Gryffith can now conjure entire cities out of his ass ? Okay.

Have to say, the panel with Zodd, Skull Night and Gryffith was all kinds of awesome. So were all the panels with the giant Emperor.

And hey they already left the boat. That was quick.

Been enjoying it more since Schierke's inclusion. Still don't think it is, outside of art, anything amazing but it is much more bearable than it was earlier.

Berserk 250-312

So Gryffith can now conjure entire cities out of his ass ? Okay.

Have to say, the panel with Zodd, Skull Night and Gryffith was all kinds of awesome. So were all the panels with the giant Emperor.

And hey they already left the boat. That was quick.

Been enjoying it more since Schierke's inclusion. Still don't think it is, outside of art, anything amazing but it is much more bearable than it was earlier.

That's funny, most people consider it to have gotten far weaker since the JRPG party and Berserker armor started up

Hastati

Gakuto deserves his own spinoff sequel once this ends where he's magically transported into Warring States period China, to his amazement and joy. And then he accidentally becomes a concubine for Lu Bu.

Boku no Hero Academia

Deku adapts quick. Unlike All Might who just powered his way through it.

Assasination Classroom

Karma is showing his leadership abilities. As is the girl. Now let us see what the Save team is planning. Bets on getting the other team spread out and then letting Nagisa pick them off.

Nordicus

Looking for a Father 35

The dude should not have expected to have the trial to be over too quickly. I don't quite see that the ex fooled him or anything in this case.
A feeling that I know so well,
Oh it’s got me in its spell
It’s such a suh-weeeeeeeeet sensation, oh, oh~

Get down, get up again,
Come on, come on move
Get down, get up again,
Working you in OVERTIME!

FootballFan

Maison Ikkoku

Really enjoying it, very easy to just pick up at any time and read. My kinda humour...so far(only 10 or so chapters in atm)

Conan-san

Medaka Box falls into the trap of being a "Parody" of comics published in Shonen Jump that only survive by retooling their premise into a Made In China knockoff of Dragon Ball Z (Something that MB had to do itself) but does nothing with the idea except for waste the viewer's time with said HK DBZ whilst going "ISN'T THIS FUNNY HOW THIS IS JUST DBZ WITH THE NUMBERS FILED OFF?!"

The Anime is a total waste of time as well, for something done by Gainax it was played so straight it could be used as a ruler and that's as many as four tens worth of terrible.

360pages

Medaka Box falls into the trap of being a "Parody" of comics published in Shonen Jump that only survive by retooling their premise into a Made In China knockoff of Dragon Ball Z (Something that MB had to do itself) but does nothing with the idea except for waste the viewer's time with said HK DBZ whilst going "ISN'T THIS FUNNY HOW THIS IS JUST DBZ WITH THE NUMBERS FILED OFF?!"

The Anime is a total waste of time as well, for something done by Gainax it was played so straight it could be used as a ruler and that's as many as four tens worth of terrible.

This is the main problem with the series. They tried to play up the idea of Medaka being perfect and what that would do to someone...but in the end Medaka was perfect. Any personality issues she had was solved and she was perfect.

Didn't have to be Kumagawa...but anyone other than Medaka or Zenkichi would have made the series a lot more fun.

I actually enjoyed Zenkichi being the MC because he was always the one seeing through Medaka's bullshit and wasn't gonna sit through it. Plus I loved how completely opposite he was to Medaka's perfectness. It was fun for me to see a normal person overcome other individuals bullshit and craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom