• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in the Hell is Josuke Higashikata AKA JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 JoJolion 44

Woops, lemme try that again

JoJolion 44

Looks like we finally got a name and some backstory, getting closer? Is the guy with the shitty hair style supposed to be Gappy? I wonder why she's not suspicious of him wearing Kira's clothes then.

More Pillar Men(?) at the end there?

Puchim@su! 79

AxsHuhl.png

Producer never looked better

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 34

It wasn't until his appearance in :re that I realised Ui Koori was a man. -_- But yeah CCG is always at the forefront of shoving a dozen of bare bones characters down your throat. Meh chapter with not a lot going in it. Even the V guy didn't get any development.

I'm calling it now though. Kuramoto is Aogiri's spy. Eternally closed eyes, all knowing smile and way too much panel time for just a fodder character.

Ed: I hope the new female investigator has some info on what happened to Kaneki after his lobotomy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Girl May Kill 19

This is so fucked up. And yet cute at the same time. Yet fucked up. But adorable. But goddamn it's fucked up.

And yet I can't stop reading.

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch38

Nice view.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch39

Yeah, I don't think I like this haircut lol

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch40

The cold is nothing to them~

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no Soma 124
School anthem? Who would've guess!?
So it will finally begin next chapter...

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun 66

Progress between Seo and Waka. BEAUTIFUL THING!

Zweizer

Banned
[No title?] by Ray-Kbys

From the artist of Love at First Sight, a series of pictures with text that stars a somewhat shy yandere girl. It's rather straightforward (and tame) as far as story goes, but since it's not all that bloody, it's a pleasantly cute and sweet read. The art in particular is very nice, and depicts the tone and expressions pretty well. Hope there'll be more of it in the future.

phaze

Attack on Titan 30-42

Everybody and their mom too was a titan.
I got spoilt on
Armored Titan's identity
but good lord I didn't expect the reveal to be so casual. "Hey Eren I'm a titan come with us okay ?"

While rewatching the anime (which I really liked on the first watch) Istarted to detest the pacing, dialogue and characters. So far, the first one is much better in the manga and the second while maybe not necessarily better, is just more edible in the written form. Characters are still kinda awful but what I liked in the anime was the mystery and so far this is delivering on that front.

Attack on Titan 30-42

Everybody and their mom too was a titan.
I got spoilt on
Armored Titan's identity
but good lord I didn't expect the reveal to be so casual. "Hey Eren I'm a titan come with us okay ?"

I actually really liked that reveal, I remember it being kind of a controversial thing when that chapter came out.

Magi 268-271

Reading Kingdom and VinLand Saga has spoiled me when it comes to large scale battles

The Author of Magi may be good at world building but you can tell her weak spot is battles or actually choreographic large scale battles

it doesn't flow properly and looks messy.... it gets better as the chapters progress at least

And the death Flags for her continues to process..... I also find the steroid soldiers amusing

bigkrev

Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club! 5

Yayyyy, the upperclassmen are back

Hope Tsucchi continues his gimmick of wearing stupid T-shirts forever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Finished Takemitsu Zamurai. Holy shit! It took me way too long to get around to this.

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch43.5

Would love to see her as the groom actually, hehe~

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch51.5

Well, he's trying at least.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch171-172

Dem curves.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgal 01

Bunch of kids get tossed into a fantasy world and now must fend for themselves. And shocking, we are actually going to see them train from knowing nothing.

I guess different, since we are going to see them as what most people tossed into a fantasy world would end up being, inexperienced with fighting skills and not sure what to do. I imagine this will be nothing but confidence boosts for everywhere, hopefully with no deaths needed as motivation.

DEEP (to current)

These scientists are going to die in story.

Also so weird seeing the korean person wearing that hat with the confederate flag, in korea, considering the recent events here in American.

The Gamer (80 - 84)

Finally this whole ordeal is over, can we get back to training please.

JoJo Bizzare Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Full Impression.

Part 4 has been a really enjoyable read and imo I feel it's better than Part 3. The sol shenanigans were really one of the best parts and the most comfy. From the Tonio Italian restaurant to the Alien arc, they were all so good. The cast themselves felt expressive and full of personality. Josuke the MC was pretty great. I loved how he seemed really nice at first but once you start talking shit about his hair he goes full aggressive mode. Plus that backstory about his love for his hair was pretty funny. Okuyasu was a pretty standard I'm dumb type of character but that didn't effective his character in any bad way because he was a real bro and his interactions with Josuke was fantastic. Koichi seemed like your useless character but it was nice to see that was not the case and that he was really helpful especially his Stand Echoes. Rohan was a really great character, I loved his cynical personality and how he overcomes obstacles. His interactions with Koichi were enjoyable to watch. Yukako was a your standard crazy Yandere but it was enjoyable to see nonetheless. Jotaro was really great as a side character than as a MC because him being a mentor was a better role than being a stoic baddass in Part 3. Finally while Jospeh may have been a really old geezer it was nice seeing him be a father to the Invicible baby and even Josuke. The Stands in Part 4 are far more creative and dangerous than Part 3 because a rat being able to melt Human skin off is really out there.

The Villain of Part 4 was one the best things about this part. Kira was your ordinary quiet individual who wanted a peaceful life, but their was another side to him. His murderous psychopathic personality that lived on killing women because of his extreme desires. Admittedly I really hated Kira not because his character was written terribly but because of how really disgusting his true nature is. Him being clever, cunning, and intelligent made him such a great character and fresh compared to the other Villains that came before him. His Stand Killer Queen had a brilliant design that reminded me of Batman Beyond's design. Also the abilities of Killer Queen seemed simple but hot damn were they OP as fuck especially his Bite The Dust ability which could erase anyone that asked about his identity. The ending to Part 4 imo felt really different to the other parts because it didn't end in a asspull. It felt so ironic that Kira ended up dying in the most normal and stupidest way ever. It felt so
good when Kira got ran over by an ambulance vehicle and how Reimi sent him to his doom.
All in all it was really nice to see everyone say their goodbyes to Reimi and Arnold at the end of Part 4. Also I may have wanted some more of Joseph and Josuke's interactions but it was nice to see Josuke say pops to him at the end.

Diamond Is Unbreakable was a fantastic murder mystery filled with sol shenanigans that had a great cast. Now on to Part 5 which I heard is the weakest of all Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom