• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 34

So Hairu Ihe is
Kurona Yasuhisa
right?

BetDy68.png

12kSqGY.png

No way you can trust this guy:

ZF1POp7.png

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

this sudden windfall is like fucking christmas :D

Here's hoping it'll last~

JoJo Bizzare Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Full Impression.

-snip-

Diamond Is Unbreakable was a fantastic murder mystery filled with sol shenanigans that had a great cast. Now on to Part 5 which I heard is the weakest of all Parts.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Now, read the Duwang version for the authentic experience!
Or tough Part 5 out.

I thought there were better translations out for Part 5?

Also could you please explain to me the infamous Duwang version.

There's a good chunk of Part 5 re translated but still some that hasn't been done. I think you could manage.

The "Duwang" translations refer to the fact that for a long time the only part 4 scans available were from two chinese students translating it for a school assignment (which they failed). They contain such jems as:

and the most famous:

Big One

Banned
Diamond Is Unbreakable was a fantastic murder mystery filled with sol shenanigans that had a great cast. Now on to Part 5 which I heard is the weakest of all Parts.
Eh that will always go to Part 1 for the most part but Part 5 is pretty fun regardless, it's just surrounded by other parts that are so much better than it. Part 6 wasn't all that much better than Part 5 even though it was more important to the storyline of the series.

Zweizer

Banned
I thought there were better translations out for Part 5?

Also could you please explain to me the infamous Duwang version.

Translations aren't the only problem of Part 5, but I'll say that I found most of the fights pretty enjoyable at least.

Sibersk Esto summed up Duwang pretty well. I'd say, give it a read for the hilarity value.

Kingdom 436

They gon' find a bullshit excuse to spare them, won't they?

Wouldn't be the first deviation from history taken by the manga.

There's a good chunk of Part 5 re translated but still some that hasn't been done. I think you could manage.

The "Duwang" translations refer to the fact that for a long time the only part 4 scans available were from two chinese students translating it for a school assignment (which they failed). They contain such jems as:

and the most famous:

Hot damn that's some hilarious translation.

Here's hoping it'll last~

I doubt it will giving that they are most likely running out of material...

but as said its better going at this pace than it just being stuck in some translation limbo.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Now, read the Duwang version for the authentic experience!

LOL.

that version was one of the main reasons i didn't bother with part 4 and thus halted my Jojo run so long ago (the other reason was being busy).

Glad to hear that shit was finally cleared up now.

Shokugeki no Soma 124

Megumi x Houjou. Make it happen.
Isami is clearly the superior Aldini bro. Cat girl sighting! She seriously needs some more screen time. Her and the elite ten guy with the huge sword

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata 11-12

Childhood friend reporting in to ruin everything

And then childhood rival ruining everything as well

cause oh no

I just now today realized the animal theme in the Shichibukai and I have been reading for around seven years, MiHAWK, Bartholomew KUMA, CROCODILE, DoFLAMINGO, BOA Hancock...

I'm so dumb. Dunno where Jinbei goes but I guess he's a fish already

dumbyugi

I just now today realized the animal theme in the Shichibukai and I have been reading for around seven years, MiHAWK, Bartholomew KUMA, CROCODILE, DoFLAMINGO, BOA Hancock...

I'm so dumb. Dunno where Jinbei goes but I guess he's a fish already

Jinbei comes from jinbei-zame (whale shark), which is the type of fishman he is.

Jump Rankings
1. One Piece
2. Boku no Hero Academia
3. Assassination Classroom
4. PSI Kusuo Saiki
5. Shokugeki no Soma
6. Black Clover
7. Naruto Gaiden
8. Gintama
9. Toriko
World Trigger (Absent in ranked issue)
10. Nisekoi
11. Kochikame
12. Kagamigami
13. Bleach
14. Ultra Battle Satellite (END)

Dance would of gotten it's first real ranking this week but it got a color page so we will have to wait next week, I'm assuming that's a good sign. I'm guessing Kagamigami will be killed off the week before the next batch starts.

[No title?] by Ray-Kbys

From the artist of Love at First Sight, a series of pictures with text that stars a somewhat shy yandere girl. It's rather straightforward (and tame) as far as story goes, but since it's not all that bloody, it's a pleasantly cute and sweet read. The art in particular is very nice, and depicts the tone and expressions pretty well. Hope there'll be more of it in the future.
This begs an important philosophical question - Is a one-eyed two-eyed girl a mono-eye?

She's been reoccurring in his recent art, but her design's great so it’s totally fine.

Zweizer

Banned
I doubt it will giving that they are most likely running out of material...

but as said its better going at this pace than it just being stuck in some translation limbo.

I remain optimistic!

This begs an important philosophical question - Is a one-eyed two-eyed girl a mono-eye?

She's been reoccurring in his recent art, but her design's great so it’s totally fine.

She can be an honorary member of the one-eyed club at the least~

i'm a few chapters behind but i'll be really pissed if they try to write their way outta this. kill the goddamn kids yasuhisa

I wonder what that tells about us (and the manga) when we're here wishing for the death of (fictional) innocent children, lol

But yeah, please don't cop out on this.

First visual for the Haikyuu!! play

Heights seem off, at least Tsukki is clearly taller, but Hinata looks like Kageyama Height and Nishinoya looks Asahi height. I hope they case a Lev, Yaku, Kuroo, Kenma too, and maybe as far as Oikawa? From the back, apart from height, they look great.

-
Oh yes they are selling them
CIqToJcUkAAyA6i.jpg:large

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 34

So Hairu Ihe is
Kurona Yasuhisa
right?

BetDy68.png

12kSqGY.png

That seems ... well like quite a leap. She doesn't look like her and Sasaki could know her from the time he spend under working Arima. (Or from some immediate post-lobotomy events.) The Koo part probably refers to the name of her superior Koori Ui not to Kurona.

No way you can trust this guy:

ZF1POp7.png
That's the guy from Tokyo Ghoul: Jack. Unlikely to be scheming something going by that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom