• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

That seems ... well like quite a leap. She doesn't look like her and Sasaki could know her from the time he spend under working Arima. (Or from some immediate post-lobotomy events.) The Koo part probably refers to the name of her superior Koori Ui not to Kurona.

That's the guy from Tokyo Ghoul: Jack. Unlikely to be scheming something going by that story.

Yeah, I guess it was. She just seemed too weird!

Definitely didn't recognize Fura. There's way too many regular businessman-looking investigators in the CCG. That explains why he's so familiar with her I suppose.

CIrotDSWIAAeWHW.png

I hope he got them to sing Silhouette, cause thats one of the best Shippuden songs.

Terra Formars 128

"I took over the Roaches brains so we can learn about their culture and stuff but I am also going to kill you all for no reason"

Attack on Titan 50

I imagine many tears were shed by Eremika shippers when this chapter was released.

Mikasa is forever losing, she will have to go full yandere soon enough to protect her precious Eren

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan 50

I imagine many tears were shed by Eremika shippers when this chapter was released.

Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would have strong feelings about it. Mikasa is just kind of there beyond the early chapters.

Terra Formars 128

"I took over the Roaches brains so we can learn about their culture and stuff but I am also going to kill you all for no reason"

Mikasa is forever losing, she will have to go full yandere soon enough to protect her precious Eren

Mikasa thinking she's about to get NTR'd by Historia was funny. Of course, last we heard Historia and Ymir were together, so its probably just in Mikasa's mind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I didn't notice the cameo by the E. Honda looking guy that got his research society disbanded in a Shokugeki against Erina 110 chapters ago. He's on the splash page trying to refound the society.
KuGsj.gif

And Mimisaka is on the same page hiding behind a bunch of boxes spying on them

Nordicus

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! (page) 11-20

LMMrjIe.png

Mmmm, yes, the haircut that my little brother has. C'mon Tomo, my goatee has seen more care than that hairdo. If Jun wasn't aware of you then, he won't be now.

Usobuko

Banned
I wonder what that tells about us (and the manga) when we're here wishing for the death of (fictional) innocent children, lol

But yeah, please don't cop out on this.

I don't know if it reflects badly on me for saying this but executing them at that time is probably a much less morality issue than what we feel in today's world. I wouldn't want a pacifist solution because the author took the easy way out.

It's also why The World Is Mine is striking, right at the start of the series, kids weren't immune to violence depicted in that manga.

Zweizer

Banned
I don't know if it reflects badly on me for saying this but executing them at that time is probably a much less morality issue than what we feel in today's world. I wouldn't want a pacifist solution because the author took the easy way out.

It's also why The World Is Mine is striking, right at the start of the series, kids weren't immune to violence depicted in that manga.

Oh I know. Sei's decision, however cold and heartless it might be, is the most rational one for its time and circumstances. My remark was mainly told in jest, lol

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! (page) 11-20

LMMrjIe.png

Mmmm, yes, the haircut that my little brother has. C'mon Tomo, my goatee has seen more care than that hairdo. If Jun wasn't aware of you then, he won't be now.

Are you sure he's not actually your little sister? Think about it!

phaze

Terra Formars 128

There is no one to even lose to, at least so far, she should chill.

Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would have strong feelings about it. Mikasa is just kind of there beyond the early chapters.

In the world where Sakura and other female Naruto& Bleach characters exist, I look rather fondly at Mikasa even though she is an awfully flat character.That "There is a limit to the lives I can care about." line <3

Crocodile

7 Deadly Sins 73

Naw I'm done, can't handle the generic shonen and ridiculous power levels anymore.

I've never read this manga and don't really have any interest in doing so but I've heard for a while the power levels are crazy. How crazy are we talking? Or it it just the sense of escalation is totally out of wack with like bandits in the 1st arc and Superman Primes in the second arc? (as an example)

I've never read this manga and don't really have any interest in doing so but I've heard for a while the power levels are crazy. How crazy are we talking? Or it it just the sense of escalation is totally out of wack with like bandits in the 1st arc and Superman Primes in the second arc? (as an example)

Imagine a bunch of kindergartners playing superheroes

One uses his super mega weapon to summon 2,000 swords and plunge them into the other kid but he goes NUH-UH I AM IMMORTAL SO IT DOESN'T HURT

Another gets beaten and says NUH-UH I AM ACTUALLY HALF DEMON AND SUPER STRONG BUT CAN'T CONTROL IT

Another says I CAN USE ALL OF THE POWERS OF PEOPLE I KNOW BECAUSE THAT'S HOW STRONG I AM

so just imagine all the shonen cliches everyone hates thrown into one series, i havent read fairy tail but this is what i imagined that was

There's nothing to ramp up too since even jobbers can summon huge tornadoes and they always cause merely a scratch but when they are punched because of friendship they lose. Also note this is the first 70 chapters and it's already more off putting then dbz when it comes to power levels

Dresden

choukakou - xia da

This is one of those princess revenge stories (princess is driven into exile by murderous usurpers, takes back throne), and I like what's been shown of the princess so far, who strikes the right balance between wit, kindness and murderous ninja acumen. And the setting is a pretty refreshing change of pace from what I usually read, stuff processed through the cultural tint of western and/or japanese writers, even if the journey follows the usual structure of, well, such journeys.

Nordicus

Tomo-chan ha Onna no ko!

Y'know this art work sure seems famil-

oh.

ohhhh...

NCXv4lv.png
Now that you mention it, it does look familiar...

...Oooooohhhhh indeed! Thank you for pointing that out, Yanagida made probably one of my favorite h-manga stories. It was never inked but I dun fucking care! The melancholy, the regret, SO GEWD

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan ha Onna no ko!

Y'know this art work sure seems famil-

oh.

ohhhh...

NCXv4lv.png
Now that you mention it, it does look familiar...

...Oooooohhhhh indeed! Thank you for pointing that out, Yanagida made probably one of my favorite h-manga stories. It was never inked but I dun fucking care! The melancholy, the regret, SO GEWD

Teehee. It's always nice to see h-artists do more mainstream stuff~

Nordicus

Teehee. It's always nice to see h-artists do more mainstream stuff~
Btw, slowpoke'ing it hard here, but less than a month ago, I learned that Bruce Timm, the man who created the Batman animated series art and influenced all the DC animated art for who knows how long, loves drawing pin-up images.

Suddenly all his female designs make all the sense to me!

Usobuko

Banned
choukakou - xia da

This is one of those princess revenge stories (princess is driven into exile by murderous usurpers, takes back throne), and I like what's been shown of the princess so far, who strikes the right balance between wit, kindness and murderous ninja acumen. And the setting is a pretty refreshing change of pace from what I usually read, stuff processed through the cultural tint of western and/or japanese writers, even if the journey follows the usual structure of, well, such journeys.

The last page seems familiar, is this March of the Long Song? I should continue reading it.

Crocodile

Imagine a bunch of kindergartners playing superheroes

One uses his super mega weapon to summon 2,000 swords and plunge them into the other kid but he goes NUH-UH I AM IMMORTAL SO IT DOESN'T HURT

Another gets beaten and says NUH-UH I AM ACTUALLY HALF DEMON AND SUPER STRONG BUT CAN'T CONTROL IT

Another says I CAN USE ALL OF THE POWERS OF PEOPLE I KNOW BECAUSE THAT'S HOW STRONG I AM

so just imagine all the shonen cliches everyone hates thrown into one series, i havent read fairy tail but this is what i imagined that was

There's nothing to ramp up too since even jobbers can summon huge tornadoes and they always cause merely a scratch but when they are punched because of friendship they lose. Also note this is the first 70 chapters and it's already more off putting then dbz when it comes to power levels

So its like Bleach but even the jobbers can level mountains or some shit? I guess I'll keep avoiding it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom