• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Wall of Shame is up, sorry for the lateness. I had a different idea that I scrapped, so now it's this.

E5c0P8P.jpg

Zweizer is consigned to Seo Kouji for another thread.

This is an amazing wall of shame, especially since Seo is an apt representation of Zweizer work, can't wait for Fuuka next time around.

Zweizer

Banned
Wall of Shame is up, sorry for the lateness. I had a different idea that I scrapped, so now it's this.

E5c0P8P.jpg

Goddammit. Why??

Soon you'll need to think of new things to show off Zweizer on the next wall of shame.

Is the Pixiv master going to fail?

This is an amazing wall of shame, especially since Seo is an apt representation of Zweizer work, can't wait for Fuuka next time around.

dani pls

Off to a strong start

This is all your fault.

upandaway

E5c0P8P.jpg

I feel bad for posting so much considering I didn't read anything for almost the entire OT

Shokugeki no Soma 97

Surprisingly got some time so I'm gonna catch up on Soma today. I already know who won because it was all over the thread, so my hype for the match is a bit deflated... but oh well, should still be fun.

Alice mom is amazing.

So what are you guys reading right now?

1.How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword(Deep thoughtful manga)

2.My Hero Academy(Good fun)

3.Haru no Houtai Shoujo(A good mystery manga)

4.Tsumi to Batsu( Some fucked shit right here)

5.Ana Satsujin( Also some fucked up shit)

Well how about iris ze-.....
Now I am sad.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 98

Went halfway through the chapter thinking "okay this must have made kasane switch to the mom faction" and then the second half happened.

It's a tough gamble but I'm gonna say kasane stayed Alice

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 100

Holy crap so much excitement. Gotta calm down. Alice mom reactions are pretty great but Doujima still got it. He needs to stay around forever.

upandaway

Soma 101

Man, okay, c'mon now. That was just a huge chapter-long tease! What's the point of letting them eat it if it's not the whole dish!!

yo, that Isshiki exposition. everything in this manga is so insanely hype

Turok_TTZ

Has Moyashimon ever been fully translated in the U.S. or has Kodansha never brought it here?

Why won't Kondansha comics get work done on Moyashimon? too niche?

dani_dc

What's up with Suicide Parabellum by the way? Is there only one chapter released in Japan as well?

I'd like to know this as well, a quick search online hasn't given me any results for a Ch. 2, but it wasn't a particularly exhaustive search.

Soma 101

Man, okay, c'mon now. That was just a huge chapter-long tease! What's the point of letting them eat it if it's not the whole dish!!

Yup, makes no sense.

Zweizer

Banned
I'd like to know this as well, a quick search online hasn't given me any results for a Ch. 2, but it wasn't a particularly exhaustive search.

I did a quick search and there are at least 5 chapters out. I guess we'll just have to be patient before translations appear (probably after it gets a volume release).

dani_dc

I did a quick search and there are at least 5 chapters out. I guess we'll just have to be patient before translations appear (probably after it gets a volume release).

You have better google skills than me.

All the more motivation to learn Japanese I suppose.

Viz to release QQ Sweeper

Viz Media's Shojo Beat imprint announced on Friday that it has licensed Kyousuke Motomi's QQ Sweeper.

Shojo Beat will release QQ Sweeper in October, and describes the series:

Kyutaro Horikita, the tall, dark and handsome cleaning expert of Kurokado High, is about to meet a sleeping maiden at the school: transfer student Fumi Nishioka! Fumi's going to learn how to rid the school of nasty spirits with Kyutaro's help, and her heart will surprisingly be “cleansed” too…!

Motomi launched the series in Shogakukan's Betsucomi last March and Shogakukan published the first compiled volume in September. Viz Media also published her earlier series Dengeki Daisy and Beast Master.

I read the first few chapters and it wasn't bad. Feels like a normal shoujo at the very least.

upandaway

Soma 104

Actually I guess it makes sense in retrospect, keeping in line with the entire manga's consistency so far (like how both preliminary blocks had identical developments, etc). Soma's getting likened to his father who lost to Doujima, too, so this is the most "standard" development when I look at it like that.

Anyway like I said before I think loyalty is a really fun and neat trait in a character so I dig the Hayama-Jun thing. I don't see any problem with the judging methodology either or the way the match was played out (except for that one Soma chapter-long feint), everything's kosher.
Usually a shonen would have the protagonist go through a sulking->re-motivationing phase after a big loss, so I'm happy they shielded Soma from that ever happening to him through canon. gg Isshiki.

I'm a bit upset that they're counting Mimasaka in the Erina harem, but ignoring that jerk, I think the one I like the least out of them is Ryou. I don't really feel anything about that guy.

(kinda scared to go back and look at the comments for these chapters, i have no clue what the consensus was)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 105 Spoilers

Soma starts an internship. For lulz, his partner is Hishouko

She's about to enter the Somazone

LeleSocho

Banned

E5c0P8P.jpg

The choice of the WoS artwork is always so good... i need to post more to see what mine could be, the thought of me being at the top makes me go doki doki.

Whoa I am at the Wall of Shame. I feel no shame tho.

Noragami 51

Poor Yato. Get rekt Father.

I felt that the problem was resolved rather easily.

Ran and the Grey World 45

My heart is melting. And way to go Hibi, what a man.

Soma 104

Actually I guess it makes sense in retrospect, keeping in line with the entire manga's consistency so far (like how both preliminary blocks had identical developments, etc). Soma's getting likened to his father who lost to Doujima, too, so this is the most "standard" development when I look at it like that.

Anyway like I said before I think loyalty is a really fun and neat trait in a character so I dig the Hayama-Jun thing. I don't see any problem with the judging methodology either or the way the match was played out (except for that one Soma chapter-long feint), everything's kosher.
Usually a shonen would have the protagonist go through a sulking->re-motivationing phase after a big loss, so I'm happy they shielded Soma from that ever happening to him through canon. gg Isshiki.

I'm a bit upset that they're counting Mimasaka in the Erina harem, but ignoring that jerk, I think the one I like the least out of them is Ryou. I don't really feel anything about that guy.

(kinda scared to go back and look at the comments for these chapters, i have no clue what the consensus was)

we are a rare breed with this development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom