• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

More mangas bought today...
vEf1wsD.png

Shinjuku Fever = 3.3.7 Byooshi!! by the author of Again!!.

Super Lovers 9
tumblr_mo33njIwsH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Hilarious family interactions. From the nurses office season with Ren, the nurse, and the friend to the scene at home that evening with Haru helping Ren deal with it and what not, to the explosions of emotions at the end, it was just really good. Every chapter really is a blast all 50+ pages it usually is.

Cwarrior

Have them actually matter (especially in terms of stuff like combat) without using this as an excuse to have their boobs fly around like angry hornet balls.

Claymore and ehhhh...I got nothing else.

If you mean the other type of girls friendly then Reborn,blue exorcist and black butler.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Have them actually matter (especially in terms of stuff like combat) without using this as an excuse to have their boobs fly around like angry hornet balls.

Huh.

I'm actually having a hard time coming up with some mangas based on that criteria. :p

The only ones that come to mind are full metal alchemist and silver spoon.

Also I can't recall any egregious fanservice in bamboo blade, though it seems like it's more seinen. Not sure if it counts because it's basically just girls vs girls.

Kuroshitsuji is girl friendly for... different reasons.

edit: Oh yeah, I guess kyou kara ore wa kinda counts.

So does angel densetsu.

Boy with mysterious past off to save the world, acquires companions, battles baddies all in order to achieve a long-term goal. All that is pretty damn shounen. Throw in some video game aspects (acquiring loot, clearing levels, minigames with arcane rules), write a wiki's worth of backstory, and constantly generate new characters that you'll ignore in a few chapters when the next batch of new characters come out. It's a marriage of the shonen sensibility with the webtoon format's tendency towards bloat.

Bleh cg art do not like.

It´s not about saving the world. It´s about finding answers and a certain person. It´s not shonen-y. It´s not seinen either. He´s training to be an assassin to kill the king. There are plenty of characters with a lot of depth similar to seinen kind of depth. It does not have seinen kind of violence, but the way that good guy died in the building was kind of chilling.

Kuroko no Basket 216

The pace is quickening so that's good. Hope the conflict in the finals is interesting, since its already known that they'll win the match.
I have not read the last 2 chapters, and won´t read this flashback. When the flashback ends and the game start i will resume reading it from there. But if you´re saying that Kuroko will win then damn. Anyway the last match will be the final match i read in this shit manga.

Grimace, remove all the " from the quote and url tags.

It's not really a question of whether you like or dislike the manga or whether the manga is good or bad. I actually don't like the separate thread for Shingeki manga because there is bound to be someone there who won't come over here and ask about it and maybe explore other manga, maybe even manga you think are 'good'.

It's not as if slicing Shingeki discussion away from here will change the fact that Jojo and 7Seeds only release monthly and therefore most of the time everyone in here will be discussing manga that you think are all garbage.

It's great that you're still here despite all that, because it means you probably still believe that someday you'll find a manga to enjoy again, but until then put up with all the shounen fightan and moe-smut nonsense? Chill out, have a beer.

163969_162256570485116_5460533_n.jpg
Well said. Not every manga needs its own thread.

Kurita

As much as I love Shingeki no Kyojin, having a separate thread for it is stupid.
But the main reason why this happened was because people posted spoilers in the thread about the anime.

upandaway

As much as I love Shingeki no Kyojin, having a separate thread for it is stupid.
But the main reason why this happened was because people posted spoilers in the thread about the anime.
I don't think it was the spoilers so much as it was a lot of wink wink and calculated hints and all that stuff. The urge is admittedly really hard to resist (<- guilty) but it's still a ridiculous urge.

I even think it's been on an uprise lately everywhere in anime/manga lands, it's at the point where I just avert my eyes in shame whenever someone says "can't wait till you get to ___" or "if you think this was adjective, wait till you get to ___" (which means I avert my eyes a lot)

How long do you think it would take to make a thread for every comic on mangaupdates? There's only around ten thousand.

I don't think it was the spoilers so much as it was a lot of wink wink and calculated hints and all that stuff. The urge is admittedly really hard to resist (<- guilty) but it's still a ridiculous urge.

I even think it's been on an uprise lately everywhere in anime/manga lands, it's at the point where I just avert my eyes in shame whenever someone says "can't wait till you get to ___" or "if you think this was adjective, wait till you get to ___" (which means I avert my eyes a lot)

Nothing even fucking happens that couldn't be figured out with critical thinking based on the first volume.

I cant read every post in the hxh thread anymore :/

survivor

Banned
Not really stupid. Mainstream show, got a lot of new readers who don't want to deal with this thread or didn't know it existed. There is nothing forbidding manga specific threads from being made. This isn't the only thread that is allowed to talk about manga.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62157675]How long do you think it would take to make a thread for every comic on mangaupdates? There's only around ten thousand.[/QUOTE]
Go ahead and waste your time.

Kurita

Not really stupid. Mainstream show, got a lot of new readers who don't want to deal with this thread or didn't know it existed. There is nothing forbidding manga specific threads from being made. This isn't the only thread that is allowed to talk about manga.

I know! But as dramatis said, it would have been cool to have more people posting in this thread.
But hey, at the end of the day, I post in the SnK thread so I can't really complain. :lol

upandaway

I cant read every post in the hxh thread anymore :/
I feel really bad about the HxH thread because I'm part of the blame, pretty heavily too up until a few weeks ago. Sorry :(
Looking at it now, during the ant arc, I have a hard time saying that as an anime-only watcher you should even use that thread at all. I might as well say you shouldn't, which is a bit disappointing.

Stinky

There isnt anything huge to spoil. Attack on Titan has a couple huge twists reveal
which pretty much all boil down to x is a titan but whatever
that are is...interesting to know about when your friend is starting the anime and has no idea what is going to happen.

Ant arc is great though.

Nurahiyon No Mago

Just started this manga tonight and about half-way done. Liked the first 40% better but Kitsune is a pretty good villain.

Tsurara however, is the best shonen waifu.

bigkrev

I feel really bad about the HxH thread because I'm part of the blame, pretty heavily too up until a few weeks ago. Sorry :(
Looking at it now, during the ant arc, I have a hard time saying that as an anime-only watcher you should even use that thread at all. I might as well say you shouldn't, which is a bit disappointing.

Yeah. I pretty much just post my impressions each week and bail out. Too many spoilers in it now.

AnimeGAF makes thread for specific shows because some people are too intimidated to talk about it in the seasonal anime thread. Don't see why people can't do it for Manga as well.
I'm just surprised people who dislike Shingeki no Kyojin isn't happy that people will talk less about that manga here.

AnimeGAF makes thread for specific shows because some people are too intimidated to talk about it in the seasonal anime thread. Don't see why people can't do it for Manga as well.

That's because a good chunk of the series ManGAF discusses come from Shonen Jump (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Toriko, Shokugeki No Soma, Beelzebub, Nisekoi) and it makes very little sense to have an OP Manga Thread, Naruto Manga Thread, Bleach Manga Thread, etc when 90% of the people who would post it in would be the exact same people who post in this thread.

Also it's dumb to make a Manga OT for any series that is released monthly, if SnK/AoT didn't have an ongoing anime it would get far less discussion outside of the one time a month it comes out.

Kurita

I just took over my dad's office.

I wanted to take over my brother's room since he moved out but my parents were faster and stored all of their DVDs there (and they have A LOT of movies). Damn it!

First thing I'll do when I move out, buy a huge bookcase. A friend of mine has more than 3000 mangas, I don't know how she manages to store them...

Cwarrior

If the snk manga can get it's own thread then can we make a separate smutgaf thread then? cutting off that filth from mangaf.

replace florida with smutgaf
bugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom